Thank You TAR....

brandonspitler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big kudos to JCIN and the TAR Crew! You guys have really come with it, great matches, and the very best players. Fantastic streaming quality, camera views, and nice commentary.
All in all, its where the best players matchup, and I thank you for providing us the inside view with not only the play itself, but the podcast interviews and updates as well.
We know this stuff doesnt just happen on its own, there is alot of hard work that goes into it, to make the machine run smoothly, therefore, RESPECT to you guys.
Not to mention making the matches. Ive been around poolrooms all my life and I know its not easy to get players to matchup sometimes lol.

(ok, enough of my "bromance/chickflick" moment....rolling credits! lol) :eek:

Keep up the great work guys,
and Thank you!

Sincerely,
Brandon Lee Spitler.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Big kudos to JCIN and the TAR Crew! You guys have really come with it, great matches, and the very best players. Fantastic streaming quality, camera views, and nice commentary.
All in all, its where the best players matchup, and I thank you for providing us the inside view with not only the play itself, but the podcast interviews and updates as well.
We know this stuff doesnt just happen on its own, there is alot of hard work that goes into it, to make the machine run smoothly, therefore, RESPECT to you guys.
Not to mention making the matches. Ive been around poolrooms all my life and I know its not easy to get players to matchup sometimes lol.

(ok, enough of my "bromance/chickflick" moment....rolling credits! lol) :eek:

Keep up the great work guys,
and Thank you!

Sincerely,
Brandon Lee Spitler.

Thanks for the kind words sir. They are much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed the matches. Next up is getting the past matches available for people to see them when they want.

brandonspitler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol

NO DOUBT! lol!

i really appreciate what TAR does, and the other streamers as well. I dont have a poolroom in my town anymore and really dont get the time to play anyway, but i miss it terribly. so i watch the streams when i can, or online after the fact lol. and i really enjoy it. those guys are doing a great job and it makes me feel like im still in the scene a bit ya know?
as for the "bromance/chickflick" thing lol, after i typed it, i thought, gee man, are ya "gushing" a bit? LMAO!
but i used to be a pretty good player....now, im a working stiff lol. i suppose in addition to keeping me in the loop and feeding my need for the game....it also helps me to reflect fondly on "the good ol days"? lol.

i guess i am still just a poolfan at heart! AND LORD KNOWS ive had my share of posts that cover the unconventional! (such as me accidentally urinating on that poor soul in tulsa!) so this one goes out to the streamers! thanks guys!

BLS.

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
Here's another huge THANK YOU to TAR! This weekend's event was the most exciting match I've seen yet since I started buying the ppv's (going on 2 years now I guess it is). I think we all knew that the crown-jewel of the weekend would be the 1P match, and it lived up to and surpassed all the expectation. It was amazing and heart-wrenching and awe-inspiring. BY FAR worth the price of the entire weekend - hell, the last rack alone had me squirming in my own seat - and I didn't even have a horse in this race!

Bobby in the booth made it really exciting to listen to as well. Ok, yes, he was hardly objective when it came to rooting for the players, but that sort of enthusiasm really draws the viewers in, imo. It added to the overall excitement and I really enjoyed that.

Please keep the all-around format, if at all possible. I love 10-ball, but I don't get as excited about it as I do with the individual event-format. The last two matches have been really quite enjoyable in this format.

I hope TAR's numbers were off the charts for this, they deserve to be for giving us such a great match. And for all those who missed it, you missed history being written. When the match comes around for on-demand,GET IT. You will not be disappointed!!

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I prefer Canadians.

They are just.....nicer.

You just like me because I have a crash pad there full of beer and Maker's.

Seriously though, great show this weekend. I missed the 10-Ball, but the 8-Ball and 1P were top notch as always.

KLM

Registered
Another BIG thanks to the TAR folks! I really enjoy the players pre game interviews and question/answer session. Nice to get to know these guys a little better, besides watching them shoot the lights out!

Keep up the Excellent work!

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Fellas! I joined the froums recently and been checking out videos from TAR and really like them. Where can i find previous matches to watch? The links on their webpage dont seem to work and I sent a couple of messages and emails without a reply. Are they updating their website?

Thank for the help! Really liking AZ!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Hey Fellas! I joined the froums recently and been checking out videos from TAR and really like them. Where can i find previous matches to watch? The links on their webpage dont seem to work and I sent a couple of messages and emails without a reply. Are they updating their website?

Thank for the help! Really liking AZ!

Our YouTube channel is here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheActionReport

I am working on getting past matches available for download and on demand streaming in the next couple of weeks.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the awesome stream TAR. Can't bring Alex vs SVB fast enough.

I love Cotton but you have to let him know that his regular habit of saying, "He is going to hit it over by that diamond." Has got to go.

I heard him say it about twenty times during the one pocket and not once did Ken ask, "What diamond?" Lol

stljohnny

Silver Member

I love Cotton but you have to let him know that his regular habit of saying, "He is going to hit it over by that diamond." Has got to go.

I heard him say it about twenty times during the one pocket and not once did Ken ask, "What diamond?" Lol

LOL - That was the only thing that was a little odd to me. Notice though, he was never wrong - the cueball was always over by that diamond. heh

But overall, I really enjoyed his commentary - as biased as it was sometimes.

"Can you BELIEEEVE THIS?!?!!?" "I can't watch this, I'm gonna faint. Wake me when it's over." He had me rolling the last 4 racks of 1P. haha

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

The first couple times I was like "What diamond? Where?" then later on I was all "Right on. The Diamond."

No matter where it goes he's right. Its brilliant.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
The first couple times I was like "What diamond? Where?" then later on I was all "Right on. The Diamond."

No matter where it goes he's right. Its brilliant.

LMAO. That trick right there is surely in the commentators' secret handbook (distribution 14 copies).

Great product as always Justin and TAR. :thumbup:

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JCIN Charge More for Better Comentators

The feed was Great.
The commentating was mediocre for this epic matchup.
The announcers themselves said that One Pocket was not their best game, HUH?
Billy, Scott, Jeremey Jones, Jay, Corey would have been way better.

$45 may not be a lot for you JCIN, but too me it's a lot.
To not have World Class Commentating was depressing, the Match however was Great.

I will make sure that the next time I sign up for a TAR match that I verify to see who is commentating.
I will not purchase a TAR event with these two commentators again.

stljohnny

Silver Member
Barney - Ken Shuman knows the game of 1P better than most. He said he doesn't get to play it as much as he would like, as he's a full time tournament director. But if you noticed, he had great opinions on the shots. And having two guys give the merits for their shot selection is more informative than two guys parroting each other.

That Bobby guy was calling the shots as good as any commentator I've heard. Perhaps not as reserved or overly insightful as Billy I/Danny D if you're only used to Accu-Stats DVDs, granted - but I thought he did a great job. Did I learn as much as I might have from someone else? Probably not. Did I thoroughly enjoy the comments and enthusiasm? Yes I did.

Are you going to pay more for "World Class" commentators, since $45 is already pushing the limits to virtually witness history.

Considering everything that goes into putting this together, I think we should count ourselves lucky to have the commentators we get. It's certainly better than silence, and (Sorry Justin) better than listening to Justin trying to guess the next 1p shot as that really is not his game or getting distracted with something on the stream, or telling a side story that leads to another side story...

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The feed was Great.
The commentating was mediocre for this epic matchup.
The announcers themselves said that One Pocket was not their best game, HUH?
Billy, Scott, Jeremey Jones, Jay, Corey would have been way better.

$45 may not be a lot for you JCIN, but too me it's a lot.
To not have World Class Commentating was depressing, the Match however was Great.

I will make sure that the next time I sign up for a TAR match that I verify to see who is commentating.
I will not purchase a TAR event with these two commentators again.

Gimme a break. You won't watch a future TAR match if so-and-so is commentating??? You're the type of person who probably steps out of the shower to piss in the toilet or won't eat his sandwich without Grey Poupon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2