Feedback Please - NEW CLOTH INSTALL

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Someone just installed this. I have to make a quick decision - your honest feedback please:

pocket1_zpscd77970f.jpg

pocket3_zpsdb45afe4.jpg

pocket1a_zps95dbf615.jpg

pocket2_zps4ade7703.jpg

Thanks!
-von

Last edited:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not good.

Not a total loss but not good.

If it were me, at the very least I would have the installer come back and re-stretch (if possible) to get those raunchy cuts down below the slate and out of the pockets. If left as is, the cuts will continue to rip upwards until they reach the surface and then youre really screwed.

Edited to add:

could be the photo but it also looks like the grain is running wonky.
pity.

Last edited:

JZMechanix

Silver Member
Agreed not good, although it does look very similar to about 90% of the tables I come across.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Von just told me that its a brand new table :eek:

jeezus...why dont they kill some puppies and beat up some old ladies while they're at it....

hacks = dream crushers

Dopc

www.PoolActionTV.com
Silver Member
Sorry for your misfortune. I would certainly complain about this cloth install, and further inquiry in to the rest of the install may be of some worth. The thing that gets sticky here is, if thats the work they did the first time around, who's to say the "fix" will be any better or less flawed. I wish you luck and keep your thread updated if possible.

Dopc.

Dartman

Silver Member
Feedback = yuck
Sorry to see such a lousy job - hope you get it resolved

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
I'm not a mechanic but I gotta ask ... is that a Diamond?

Good eye.

It's a BRAND NEW 9' DIAMOND PROFESSIONAL, installed by Diamond employees. :eek:

I'm working with Diamond on a resolution.

Just don't send the hack back down, please.....

shayne87

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good eye.

It's a BRAND NEW 9' DIAMOND PROFESSIONAL, installed by Diamond employees. :eek:

I'm working with Diamond on a resolution.

Just don't send the hack back down, please.....

Gee, I wonder if HE trained them?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I am sorry for your misfortune, getting a beautiful brand new table is supposed to be a happy time, especially when you spend your money for the top table available. I ended up installing my own Simonis because after speaking with about 4 local cloth installers and reviewing some of their work I was not confident that I would get a quality job, I was not price shopping, I did not even ask what they would have charged me, I wanted a good professional job done, not a cheap job on my cloth. While mine may not be as nice as what the top mechanics here can do, I also do not have the issues that you are now facing, which is what some of the local installers work looked like.:sorry:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Man......I sure hope Greg Sullivan don't see this......he may fire everyone at the plant.....he may make Glen do all the cloth work from here on....LMAO

Mark Gregory

Glen has left the building....gone with the wind...playing with the bears in AK...watching TV....doing anything except installing cloth:D