james, walden needing a stake or sponsor for u.s. open

Better horse? No, he's a different horse. If you don't think James Walden can get there, well, you don't know your horses. :grin:

Lets bet my 500 to you 50 that he doesn't make the top 6 players? Nah, you don't believe in him that much do you? But somebody who actually works for a living is supposed to shell out 2 K for 550 of nothing?

I would make the bet if you really want it.

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all that has happened,I thought this was going to be a joke thread,
coming to realize that its serious.I don't know if anybody got the same feeling
as I have but I'm thinking that all that another drama was a pre-cursor for
asking for backing later on.
Seeing this,I believe they all knew what was going on and was hoping on heavy
hearts to put there money out now,knowing there are many sympathetic people
here on AZ that won't look beyond there arm to see the bigger picture.
I may be wrong but got that uneasy feeling the moment I seen the thread..

I was thinking the same thing

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell me the truth. Do you like Hellman's or Duke's? I used to be pro Hellman's, but now I'm a Duke's kind of gal. :cool:

Have you ever dipped your French fries in mayonnaise? Where did this come from?

Here in my neck of the woods, we like to dip our French fries in apple cider vinegar and sprinkle them with Old Bay seasoning. We call them "boardwalk fries." They're delicious.:)

Attachments

• boardwalk-fries.jpg
    boardwalk-fries.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 407

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lets bet my 500 to you 50 that he doesn't make the top 6 players? Nah, you don't believe in him that much do you? But somebody who actually works for a living is supposed to shell out 2 K for 550 of nothing?

I never said people should stand in line to back James Walden. I did say he was a worthy candidate.

If I wanted to back anyone, I'd send my boyfriend out there. Just because I defend James Walden against the bashers doesn't mean I am asking you or anyone else to fork out $2,000 ot $5.

FWIW, me and mine happy living in a home with a dog and a nice back yard. We have a pool table in the basement, but it never gets played on. We shop at Whole Foods most times and enjoy organic veggies and fresh seafood. We only eat red meat once a week. I work two jobs and keep my house afloat. I am currently looking to purchase a second home in Tennessee or North Carolina, and when I do, I will be retiring and moving.

Maybe I'll see you at the U.S. Open at that time. :cool:

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Where I come from, we dip our forum posts in some extra thick drama-batter, then we double fry them in multiple aliases, and top them off with drug abuse and domestic violence allegations.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Given how things seem to go around here lately, I wonder if it is too much extra work for Mike and Jerry to have a method of restricting these sorts of threads to only those who submit requests for such a thread. Have the player requesting such a thread about looking for a stakehorse submit the request to whomever, and then after it is vetted, it gets published.

No one has to worry about scams, and anyone bashing in the thread gets the boot. Any unauthorized threads looking for backers get deleted as well.

Of course the devil is in the details, and the work involved. Still, would that work be worth eliminating all of this foolishness that seems to happen here nowadays?

(I would think that any contests could go through a similar process, so that we don't get another Bill Stroud DYD fiasco. Anyone wanting the publicity and all that goes with whatever contest, i.e. designs or ideas, submit the contest. After it is vetted, it gets published. The originator doesn't follow through, they get banned. Poof. No more marketing opportunities here. Follow through with your promise, run your contest.)

Dreaming is easy, isn't it?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I never said people should stand in line to back James Walden. I did say he was a worthy candidate.

If I wanted to back anyone, I'd send my boyfriend out there. Just because I defend James Walden against the bashers doesn't mean I am asking you or anyone else to fork out $2,000 or 5 bucks.

FWIW, me and mine are happy living in a home with a dog and a nice back yard. We have a pool table in the basement, but it never gets played on. We shop at Whole Foods most times and enjoy organic veggies and fresh seafood. We only eat red meat once a week. I work two jobs and keep my house afloat. I am currently looking to purchase a second home in Tennessee or North Carolina, and when I do, I will be retiring and moving.

Maybe I'll see you at the U.S. Open at that time. :cool:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know, but I hope it's streamed and mic'd

:thumbup:

They each have two completely opposite tableside demeanors. Keith players quick like a bunny, never thinking more than 2 seconds between shots, and he likes to talk to the audience while he's shooting.

C.J. plays a more methodical game, much slower pace. He thinks between each shot, as he's supposed to, and strategizes 3, 4, and 5 shots ahead, never uttering a peep.

Keith is an offensive player; C.J. is a defensive player. Keith is a rhythm player; C.J. takes more time for each shot.

It would be an interesting match. :cool:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta go with CJ right now if the table in the basement is being used for laundry.

JC

When the time comes, if ever, I'll be looking you up to make a small sweat bet. :wink:

1 Lone Wolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Decent odds ?

I think $1000-$50 is a little more fair. If James does go, I may take the bet I mentioned. After all the troubles at home, and trying to compete with the best in the world. Let me know, I hope he don't go because I sure need that $50.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hahaha! Im sorry that cracked me up lol

The truth of the matter is he hates my table, thinks my pool balls suck, and we have a couple short spots in the basement for a 9-foot table. :eek:

It is a Brunswick Century 9-foot with ball return, cost $2000 when brand-new. The balls are crap. I did get Tom-Tom Wirth to put Simonis cloth on it about 6 or 7 years ago. Keith just doesn't like the table at all. :(

I'd love to give it away for free and am thinking about putting it on craigslist.

Did you know the name "craigslist" is a lowercase "c" and is not a nishcap "C"?

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just start a sub-forum for sponsorships..Even know he acted like a complete asshole to me I hope he does get staked.He is a good player no doubt...I like to see pl make money..And as jumpinjoe stated..We want to see him pumped up cause we would like to gamble with him...