Diamond Pool Tables

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
A friend of mine recently purchased A Diamond 9' pro-am. I was totally blown away by how perfect it played & how genuinely fun it was. Is there a table on the market, from the factory that plays any better? ( I've pretty much only played black and gold crowns )

Here's the thing that makes me sick.. I have to come home to dynamo coin-op I use to think it was pretty decent,, it definately got the job done and i've kept it in good shape but it's a whole different game & deinately more fun!

BogeyFree

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 7' with the Pro Cut pockets and it plays terrific. Best table on the market IMO.

http://[URL=http://s216.photobucket.com/user/sonnymayer/media/DSCN0991.jpg.html]
DSCN0991.jpg
[/URL]

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Isn't the Diamond table based on the old coin-op bar boxes ?

No, the Diamond coin-op pool tables don't share anything in design of any other coin-op pool tables ever built...and I'm not talking about having pockets, cloth or cushions....all pool tables share that as part of the make up.

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
A friend of mine recently purchased A Diamond 9' pro-am. I was totally blown away by how perfect it played & how genuinely fun it was. Is there a table on the market, from the factory that plays any better? ( I've pretty much only played black and gold crowns )

Here's the thing that makes me sick.. I have to come home to dynamo coin-op I use to think it was pretty decent,, it definately got the job done and i've kept it in good shape but it's a whole different game & deinately more fun!

Plays better?..No:D

infest

Banger
Silver Member
No, the Diamond coin-op pool tables don't share anything in design of any other coin-op pool tables ever built...and I'm not talking about having pockets, cloth or cushions....all pool tables share that as part of the make up.

Glen

Isn't this what matters most as far as playability goes? I am honestly curious.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

When it come to 7fts, there is no table that even ties with how the Diamond plays:D

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious.. What makes a diamond better that a properly set up gold crown I, II, or III with extended rails and 4 1/2 inch pockets?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just curious.. What makes a diamond better that a properly set up gold crown I, II, or III with extended rails and 4 1/2 inch pockets?

The GC can be made to play the same, but no metal pocket castings, leather pocket liners, flush pocket liners, dymondwood rails, optional one piece slate, or steel plate joined 3 piece slates means there is no chance of a slate seam coming apart, leveling system....no other pool tables built are built like a Diamond. So it goes beyond just how the Diamonds play.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. I buy that. But what is the purpose of using the k-66 profile rails that bank consistently short, and the deep shelf where balls hit pretty well hang up, leaving a player no chance to ' cheat ' the pocket or, in some shots, having to ' chinch ' the ball, then play safe. I dont care what the ' pros ' play on, but a room full of diamond pro-am tbls is pretty defeating to the masses of players in most rooms, IMO.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Gun Slinger. Who ever decided it was OK to reinvent the game inside the tits? Now a ball can sit so far inside the tits you can't go rail first. The cloth is so smooth your scared to draw out of it.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Not true. My Pro-am has pro-cut pockets and I cheat the pocket as needed but for sure you have to be very precise.

A well struck ball does not hang. I think Diamonds play fair. Balls go in when they're supposed to. If you hung up a ball you didn't hit it as good as you thought.

Last edited:

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Ok. I buy that. But what is the purpose of using the k-66 profile rails that bank consistently short, and the deep shelf where balls hit pretty well hang up, leaving a player no chance to ' cheat ' the pocket or, in some shots, having to ' chinch ' the ball, then play safe. I dont care what the ' pros ' play on, but a room full of diamond pro-am tbls is pretty defeating to the masses of players in most rooms, IMO.

You have a good point here. For most players, the 4 7/8 inch pockets are fine. I personally like the diamond pro-am, but dislike them for the very reason stated. The tighter pockets limit the playability from a total table area perspective . You need to "adjust" your game to a diamond table.

bountybuddy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An old close friend opened up a pool hall near the Genese Vally Mall outside Flint Michigan. He had all new 9' Diamond tables; very nice tables, very nice place. They were the first Diamond tables I ever played on and they were very tough tables to make balls on. I suggested to him that he open up the pockets on some of the tables so it would be easier for new players to make balls but he refused to do it. He ended up closing. Some guy in Florida bought everything and moved it down to Florida. In my humble opinion the Diamond tables were much to hard for an average player to play on. Quality is good but not the pockets. When I can I play on Gold Crown Tables. Shot well my friends.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

-
If your diamond has k-66 profile cushions you better call the cops'

Rob.M

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
An old close friend opened up a pool hall near the Genese Vally Mall outside Flint Michigan. He had all new 9' Diamond tables; very nice tables, very nice place. They were the first Diamond tables I ever played on and they were very tough tables to make balls on. I suggested to him that he open up the pockets on some of the tables so it would be easier for new players to make balls but he refused to do it. He ended up closing. Some guy in Florida bought everything and moved it down to Florida. In my humble opinion the Diamond tables were much to hard for an average player to play on. Quality is good but not the pockets. When I can I play on Gold Crown Tables. Shot well my friends.

its likely he had the pro spec table instead of the pro-am...