Sterling Wave Case by JB, slowly shedding it's skin...

Dukes_Lounge

The rookie
It's all good. Bruce is reacting to Dom Poppa's trolling. Dom Poppa has been negative for a long time in the guise of wanting to gather information to make a purchase.

We will get you taken care of for sure. Since you're in OZ it might be easier for me to handle it from here. Matt will let me know what he wants to do if I can help out.

Can you contact me as well with your particulars? I am curious to know if this is actually a Sterling Wave case or perhaps a counterfeit. There is one company in China knocking off the Wave cases, not with the Sterling logos yet as far as I know but it's possible. I know Predator cases are ruthlessly counterfeited here with logos.

jb@jbideas.com

I really hope it's not a counterfeit, but if it is, then you know you're doing something right with your products! :)
It's got all the right logos on it (zipper tags) and the actual construction of the case itself looks to be very well built (stitching)

but anyways, I'll email you right away with some photos and more particulars.

Thanks JB - really appreciate you taking initiative.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

IF I was a betting man, I would put my money on Matt making things right the way sterling always has doe in the past.:smile::smile:

Well, if Sterling bucks up and does the right thing, we will all be able to fawn all over them. :thumbup:

(not picking on you Bruce, just couldn't resist.:D)

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Good luck and let us know what other brand you will go with.

You cry like a baby when a few people tell you off and call others cyber bully, then you come on another thread about JB and do what? I think you pi$$ed some people off quite a while back and now you've resurfaced. I'm looking for those threads now..

Going back on topic. I"m sure Sterling will take care of the OP. If the case is from JB he will jump on it sooner than you can spell JB.

I own 8 JB Cases, and 3 more in the make.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
First i'd need to apologise to the OP for hijacking his thread. My most sincere apologise.

I knew i remember this joker poppa guy from somewhere...here it is:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=276422

It's been more than a year now...wonder if he even got a lathe or any deposits? :rolleyes:

Back to this thread, do update us on the situation as to whether you get a replacement or an explanation from Sterling.

Also if you're ever looking for a long lasting and bang for buck case then you should totally check out JB's Rugged Series. Here's a link to one that i have:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=332371

Dukes_Lounge

The rookie
First i'd need to apologise to the OP for hijacking his thread. My most sincere apologise.

I knew i remember this joker poppa guy from somewhere...here it is:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=276422

It's been more than a year now...wonder if he even got a lathe or any deposits? :rolleyes:

Back to this thread, do update us on the situation as to whether you get a replacement or an explanation from Sterling.

Also if you're ever looking for a long lasting and bang for buck case then you should totally check out JB's Rugged Series. Here's a link to one that i have:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=332371

haha, please don't apologise, I've taken my query away from this thread now, as it needs no further public attention.
I know JB cases are the best, that's why I got one. It's just my luck that I got a 'Friday Job' .... a term we use which means that the workers are too busy trying to leave for the weekend and 'half jobbed' or decided to cut a few corners.
This is not JBs fault whatsoever, I have employees who half job my the operations of café from time to time... it's the cost of doing business especially when you're not around 24/7 to oversee everything. In which case, is generally followed by a stern 'Team Meeting' :p

It happens in every industry... I used to own a 'Friday Job' car.... doesn't mean I won't buy the same car again!

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Good luck and let us know what other brand you will go with.

You're REALLY going out of your way to be a pain in the ass to John and bother him now eh?

And no, I'm not trying to "cyber bully" you like you said in Johns post.

You never answered me over there, and I don't see how you could hold JB cases as the "second" in your list if you think the OP should just abandon ship on this case.

Seems like you're trying to say John is bottom of the barrel now, eh..?

I'm 23 and fairly new the pool.

But I've had a bigger share of cues and several cases from different brands over the last few years already and I look forward to having a JB inspired or created case for the rest of my life. My cues are worth protecting to me.

I see no better alternative to do that as well as Johns cases/interiors do.

But I'm always open to suggestions. If someone does make a better protecting case then I'll give it a few months to see what John does and if he doesn't improve then I'll simply switch if the alternative is significantly better.

John is always improving. It's hard to take the lead when you're already behind, especially when your competition is already improving on their design that is superior.

Ultrapad interior is the best on the market for cue protection.

This experience won't change my respect for John Barton, and his vision for quality.
I'll be happy to keep supporting products designed and/or made by JB and will be more than happy to refer everyone to his creations.

Nothing beats a product with passion behind it.
I know this, as I'm a passionate business person myself in my field.
All we want to do is deliver our product to the world to the best of our abilities and hope that others we hire or contract see eye to eye and meet our vision and passion for what we do.

We will have bad batches, we have our bad days, but nothing will compromise our passion to deliver or make it right.

I have complete confidence in you, JB and Sterling Cases.

lol.

Dukes_Lounge

The rookie
Just a quick update before I do a full review of how this experience has been,

Let me start off by saying how amazing JB and Matt Carter have been in dealing with this unique matter.
Even though I'm just on some island way downunder where everything is out here to kill you,
JB and Matt Carter have went out of their way to display such amazing customer service and support, without boundaries.

So it turns out that the supplier I bought my Sterling Wave case from hasn't ordered any stock from Sterling Gaming since 2009....
Now we don't know if the case I received is a counterfeit or not, but it sure isn't the way JB had designed it.

Regardless, since JB referred me to Matt Carter, Matt has been with me every step of the way within the first 12 hours of contact to resolve this issue and make it up to me by all means.
On top of that, he's been updating me almost every day with ideas and progresses on how he should best deliver his customer support, all the way to Australia.

This, Ladies and Gentlemen, is AWARD WINNING EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

As a result, we've come to a conclusion together to benefit both parties:

He's sending me a brand new Sterling Wave Case, and even allowing me to choose which colour scheme I want (a little luxury for me since I didn't get freedom of choice at my initial purchase of the case here in Australia... I just took whatever was available.. ) at the lowest cost but fastest shipping option possible.
To make it a two way transaction, I've decided to purchase a Fury Jump Break cue and a Moosehead bridge through Matt, so instead of Sterling having to be out of pocket sending me a case all the way from the US, [hopefully] this way Sterling can make a bit of profit from my purchase as well to cover their costs. [even though my purchase isn't much, hopefully it all adds up]

There aren't a lot of companies in the world who would deliver this kind of 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE' locally, but these guys has done it internationally, and this really deserves recognition of their value and integrity.

If possible, I will recommend and suggest everyone to deal with these guys and support them as much as you can.
JB is an amazing case maker, an extremely pioneering and passionate individual in the Pool Industry [from what I've gathered],
and Matt Carter is the most friendliest, proactive and professional person you'll ever deal with,
he will move mountains to make anything possible.

Thank you so very much for this experience,
this experience have honestly put my faith back into the online retail industry and humanity :)
Australian businesses can learn a lot from you fine folks!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
Here is a pic of my Sterling butterfly 2X4 case, I have had it about 8 years with no problems, great case to use down here in the rainy season.:thumbup:

Attachments

• sterlingcasesm.jpg
    sterlingcasesm.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 142

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had similar issue with outside (identical to your first pic), but it was my dumbness. I left one 4x8 with cues leaning leaning against my wall for about 3 months and the paint pealed from wall when I finally retrieved it. You should never press anything against an indoor painted wall for that long. Then I tried to take the paint off and ended up tearing off the outside up finish.

BTW, the guys and gals at Sterling have always treated me well. They are always stand up people. Call them.

Last edited:

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a quick update before I do a full review of how this experience has been,

Let me start off by saying how amazing JB and Matt Carter have been in dealing with this unique matter.
Even though I'm just on some island way downunder where everything is out here to kill you,
JB and Matt Carter have went out of their way to display such amazing customer service and support, without boundaries.

So it turns out that the supplier I bought my Sterling Wave case from hasn't ordered any stock from Sterling Gaming since 2009....
Now we don't know if the case I received is a counterfeit or not, but it sure isn't the way JB had designed it.

Regardless, since JB referred me to Matt Carter, Matt has been with me every step of the way within the first 12 hours of contact to resolve this issue and make it up to me by all means.
On top of that, he's been updating me almost every day with ideas and progresses on how he should best deliver his customer support, all the way to Australia.

This, Ladies and Gentlemen, is AWARD WINNING EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

As a result, we've come to a conclusion together to benefit both parties:

He's sending me a brand new Sterling Wave Case, and even allowing me to choose which colour scheme I want (a little luxury for me since I didn't get freedom of choice at my initial purchase of the case here in Australia... I just took whatever was available.. ) at the lowest cost but fastest shipping option possible.
To make it a two way transaction, I've decided to purchase a Fury Jump Break cue and a Moosehead bridge through Matt, so instead of Sterling having to be out of pocket sending me a case all the way from the US, [hopefully] this way Sterling can make a bit of profit from my purchase as well to cover their costs. [even though my purchase isn't much, hopefully it all adds up]

There aren't a lot of companies in the world who would deliver this kind of 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE' locally, but these guys has done it internationally, and this really deserves recognition of their value and integrity.

If possible, I will recommend and suggest everyone to deal with these guys and support them as much as you can.
JB is an amazing case maker, an extremely pioneering and passionate individual in the Pool Industry [from what I've gathered],
and Matt Carter is the most friendliest, proactive and professional person you'll ever deal with,
he will move mountains to make anything possible.

Thank you so very much for this experience,
this experience have honestly put my faith back into the online retail industry and humanity :)
Australian businesses can learn a lot from you fine folks!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Glad to see you got in touch with Sterling, they're great at customer service.