Billiard Apparel co.

thebaby

Jack of all trades
Silver Member
PLAY THE GAME clothing has just released their 2014 designer Billiard Apparel line. Would love your opinion, And any idea's you might have that we can use to help the image of the game.

Designed By A Player, Worn By All players !
www.playthegameclothing.com

Attachments

• PC61 8Ball Black Back.jpg
    PC61 8Ball Black Back.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 417
  • PC61 9Ball Black Back.jpg
    PC61 9Ball Black Back.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 415
  • PC61 PTG LC Black Front.jpg
    PC61 PTG LC Black Front.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 426
  • PC61 10Ball Black Back.jpg
    PC61 10Ball Black Back.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 402

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I looked at you web-site, it seem you have $25.00 T-shirt, the designs are nice, but IMHO I would not pay $25.00 for a T-shirt, when I can go to Wal-Mart, and but close out of RETAIL $5.44 T-shirt, for $3.00-$4.00 all day long.

Yes I know the Harley Davidson Stealer Shop get $25.00 a pop for a Harley T-shirt, from guy, a girls riding 20-30K Motorcycles all day long.

Pool player are a different market, and maybe a $15.00 Price point would get you more sale.

JMHO.

Like I said Nice Clean Designs.

demon627

Most know me as Branson
Silver Member
I looked at you web-site, it seem you have $25.00 T-shirt, the designs are nice, but IMHO I would not pay $25.00 for a T-shirt, when I can go to Wal-Mart, and but close out of RETAIL $5.44 T-shirt, for $3.00-$4.00 all day long.

Yes I know the Harley Davidson Stealer Shop get $25.00 a pop for a Harley T-shirt, from guy, a girls riding 20-30K Motorcycles all day long.

Pool player are a different market, and maybe a $15.00 Price point would get you more sale.

JMHO.

Like I said Nice Clean Designs.

I have to agree with this. Its going to be a tough sale when you have main stream names out there making great designs for less than what you're charging. $40 for a polo is a bit extreme. Could go buy the polo and have it custom embroidered cheaper than that. Definitely a re-evaluation of your prices would get you more sales.

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool looking shirts ...I'd sport one but I have to agree $25 a shirt is a bit steep. I would agree that $15 is a much better price range. $25 for a T-Shirt is a bit hard to swallow. I ran into this problem when I was looking into making shirts...Unless you order in bulk from a big company you're going to pay $15 a shirt just to have them made and shipped and then there is no profit left in them....

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
$25 is going price for a branded t-shirt these days, where have you guys been? Nice designs Frank, real clean. I think your prices are right on par with the others.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
$25 is going price for a branded t-shirt these days, where have you guys been? Nice designs Frank, real clean. I think your prices are right on par with the others.

I agree. Where have they been??... it appears they spend way too much time at Walmart....

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Agree!

Nice designs and price is good. The pool world is a small world. Heck, even the almighty NFL would go broke selling tees for $5. And pool is a drop in the bucket compared to that sport. Pool will forever stay a bottom dweller unless fans build some brand loyalty and support our industry.

Respect, Courage, and Commitment!

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member

This is exactly what I was thinking. Pool t shirts, especially ones this cool, aren't something you can just find anywhere either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not trying to knock anything... But does everything say Play the Game?
I'm not seeing much artwork/design differences.

For $40, that better be a really nice polo shirt. I see nothing unique about "Play the Game - One Pocket"

fast&loose designs

Chris Santana
Silver Member
"Designer" shirts? I am not here to offend or give feedback on a personal level, but these designs are generic and amateurish at best. I love your logo, and I think shirts with just the logo look great, but I think more time should be spent on coming up with something unique. These shirts don't tell me that PTG is anything different. It's basically the kind of tshirt that you would see someone wear that likes pool but isn't actually a player.

This is to be contructive criticism, and I'm sure you're used to it. I sure am, been a designer for over 10 years and I still get criticized. I wish you the best, and hope you still make sales on these! And by the way, $25 a shirt is normal, I charge the same.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
I'd simply remove the name of the game below the design..

If an 8, 9, or 10 ball is pictured that should be enough of a description to what game you like...

I think its tacky putting "8 ball" under an 8 ball.

I'd be all over them if that was gone.

Gonna buy a sweatshirt soon though for sure.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have a few of these T-shirts, and I have to say that the quality is the difference between these T-shirts and the ones you buy at Walmart.

I have purchased probably over a 100 pool-related T-shirts, and the material on some is better than the other.

After it has been washed, you can really notice the difference between a high-quality T-shirts and a Walmart brand. Heck, I can buy T-shirts down in D.C. on the streets for 5 bucks with a picture on them, but after they're washed, they look like cheese-cloth or the material pills or the picture/words on them fade or chip away.

These shirts of Play the Game are high quality, and I notice the difference. :)

It's okay if you don't want to fork out $25 for a T-shirt. I didn't like paying $32,000 for my car when I bought it, but I'd rather drive around in my $32,000 car and enjoy all of its amenities than driving around in an used hoop-dee car that's falling apart after the first year. :wink: