Maybe she should stick to pool

After participating and reading tgis forum for several years I've finally come to the conclusion that I like snooker a lot more than I like most snooker fans. If it's self - evident that snooker is so superior why the need to remind us all the time in the most jerky way possible? Both games have their own attributes worthy of appreciation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That is because it is so exasperating to come from a snooker background and read all the arcane rubbish taught about 'technique' etc on this website. Even showing a little willingness to learn or change would help, but you don't. You're on the path you are on, and that's that.

Good luck with that, America.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
While I certainly hope Ronnie got $100k for this exhibition I find it very doubtful.

$10k plus expenses seems reasonable, heck maybe $25k including expenses, $100k sounds a bit silly.

gr. Dave

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the more complete version - 2 hours
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PgyAbL02ZA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19c0Eq09klA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2E12hEdbV8

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90779/8493965.html

"O'Sullivan updates his account with the help of two assistants who understand Chinese. Generally he posts on Twitter, and his comments are then replicated onto Weibo. Sometimes he adds something different to Weibo, depending on how he feels."

Stephen Hendry is also getting in on the action
http://www.china.org.cn/sports/2012-02/10/content_24602122.htm
http://www.china.org.cn/sports/2012-05/02/content_25281541.htm

"I've got a lot of commitments now in China, which I've signed up for, and I can't do that and play snooker because I would never be at home."

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Me Too

Love watching RO playing snooker.

I do as well.

Ronnie @ 3:50 , CB and red at opposite ends of the table, red against the cushion. Ten feet away with 0 angle, he goes for the 1-rail to pot in his right corner. Almost makes it !!! He makes them regular, strange table I bet.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I don't suppose that people consider that anyone who is not normally a snooker pro would aslo be quite nervous playing against Ronnie.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
That is because it is so exasperating to come from a snooker background and read all the arcane rubbish taught about 'technique' etc on this website. Even showing a little willingness to learn or change would help, but you don't. You're on the path you are on, and that's that.

Good luck with that, America.

It is equally exasperating to have snooker snobs on this site.

No snooker player has ever won a pool world title. How about you play snooker your way and we will play pool our way.

We respect snooker and snooker players but snobs like you don't respect us.

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
I wonder how much Pan Xiaoting got paid for showing up and winning her discipline?

Probably no payment for her attendance. All part of her duty to represent the people's republic. An incentive to win would perhaps be not having to receive corporal punishment if she had lost for completely embarrassing the homeland.;)

thefonz

Silver Member
I believe Tony Drago has a couple world pool title belts around his waist.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I believe Tony Drago has a couple world pool title belts around his waist.

World Championships. Tony also does not play snooker like a "classic" snooker player.

No one said snooker players can't play pool but they have not dominated. All the top snooker players know that they can't dominate in pool events consistently against top pool players. They can hang absolutely but it's ludicrous to think that they can dominate.

Steve Davis said the same thing and has tremendous respect for top pool players.

Playing perfect is playing perfect regardless of your exact form.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Probably no payment for her attendance. All part of her duty to represent the people's republic. An incentive to win would perhaps be not having to receive corporal punishment if she had lost for completely embarrassing the homeland.;)

You don't know much about modern China then. She got paid and China is WAY more capitalist than the USA at this point.

thefonz

Silver Member
You don't know much about modern China then. She got paid and China is WAY more capitalist than the USA at this point.

LOL, not enough emphasis on the WAY. China has long adopted Walmart's business model.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
LOL, not enough emphasis on the WAY. China has long adopted Walmart's business model.

Not even close. China now accounts for 25% of the luxury brand purchases in the world.

It isn't all about cheap for Chinese consumers and businesses. They will spend money on both quality and face.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Not even close. China now accounts for 25% of the luxury brand purchases in the world.

It isn't all about cheap for Chinese consumers and businesses. They will spend money on both quality and face.

The Chinese influx into the collectible market has completely changed the face of values in all sorts of areas. These folks are VERY aggressive buyers and super brand conscious.

thefonz

Silver Member

Chinese people love quality products. More so if its made somewhere else. At one point in time it was a fad for people to but high end fashion accessories and wear them with the price tags still on them. The self image of prosperity and status i'm sure is still alive and well.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Chinese people love quality products. More so if its made somewhere else. At one point in time it was a fad for people to but high end fashion accessories and wear them with the price tags still on them. The self image of prosperity and status i'm sure is still alive and well.

Mini Pearl Style

minnie_pearl.jpg

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Precisely like Mini Pearl. Strange things New Money folks do.:thumbup2:

I never had any, new or old, so i wouldn't know. Strangeness in people, in my experience, crosses all boundaries or race, religion, gender and economic. Strange folks are everywhere and thank god for that.

I'm a bit of a logo whore myself and have to admit the price tag idea has its appeal. Sorta like leaving the MSRP Sticker on your Benz. Unfortunately my Honda is so old that even if the sticker were on it, the numbers would be faded away (and rendered meaningless by inflation).

To rerail this thread. The Snooker vs pool thing just reminds me of two drunks sitting at a bar arguing the merits of Ford vs Chevy. I mean if you believe it as much as you are saying why spend so much time trying to convince others?

Kevin