Mali cues?

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
How do they hit? What do they compare too? What are they worth? The cues are older then me but I must say there's one on az that I really love and thinking about getting? What joint do they use? Any thoughts are welcome thanks

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I haven't played with one since the 1980's when I use to use a nice one a good friend would let me use playing 14.1. To me it was a nice solid well balanced cue. Pretty too. Johnnyt

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the older ones with stainless steel joints. A great alternative for someone who can't afford say an SS jointed Schon.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I haven't played with one since the 1980's when I use to use a nice one a good friend would let me use playing 14.1. To me it was a nice solid well balanced cue. Pretty too. Johnnyt

Thanks balance is big with me I've never shot one I'd like too

RayBell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mali

I have a Mali cue that I purchased brand new in 1991. The first cue I ever bought. I paid about $150 for it then. After all these years, it's still perfectly straight, shaft included. Mine has the big pin, 3/8 x 10 wood to wood joint. To this day, that cue still feels the most natural to me when I pick it up. In today's market, it's probably worth next to nothing. But, to me, it's priceless... :grin:

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played a few hours with a Mali V5 (Vintage Series #5) Cue.
Ozone and BW sells them for $216.

ozonepark_2303_6589796766

Played similar to newer steel jointed Joss cues. I like the looks of it, but hated the way it played. For reference, I play with a 3/8x10 Tiger Ultra X shaft.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Yea price is something I was wanting too know about the cue I'm looking at is 450 does that sound right?

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Had it since the mid 80's ... still in my rack and a terrific cue. Not my current go-to cue but I still play her occasionally. :thumbup:

Attachments

• green%20ltr.jpg
    green%20ltr.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2,201

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I have a Mali cue that I purchased brand new in 1991. The first cue I ever bought. I paid about $150 for it then. After all these years, it's still perfectly straight, shaft included. Mine has the big pin, 3/8 x 10 wood to wood joint. To this day, that cue still feels the most natural to me when I pick it up. In today's market, it's probably worth next to nothing. But, to me, it's priceless... :grin:

I had one with the 3/8-10. Simple maple forearm with ebony points & sleeve. Best cue I ever hit with aside from my own, and is a major reason I began building cues. Nothing else compared, production or custom, so I started making my own. I even patterned my shaft taper after it. It's not the only reason I build cues, but was a major influence.

kaylaemarx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check Mali V series pool cues, excellent for professionals. These cues are made with high quality material for top performance players.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
The one I'm looking at is 70s or 80s MALI TROPHY SERIES T#15

The T-15 from the mid 80's is a wood-to-wood big pin into threaded shaft, as far as I know. Half of the Trophy series had an SS piloted joint. This wasn't one of them.

So, this would NOT be comparable to a Schon or Joss.

I think the closest comparison would be with a McDermott, but if I really wanted to confuse you, it would feel somewhere between McDermott and Meucci.

Anyway, the T-15 is a nice cue and I would be proud to own it.

Freddie

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
The T-15 from the mid 80's is a wood-to-wood big pin into threaded shaft, as far as I know. Half of the Trophy series had an SS piloted joint. This wasn't one of them.

So, this would NOT be comparable to a Schon or Joss.

I think the closest comparison would be with a McDermott, but if I really wanted to confuse you, it would feel somewhere between McDermott and Meucci.

Anyway, the T-15 is a nice cue and I would be proud to own it.

Freddie

Maybe its not the T-15 its the cue in the pic above that's the cue I want ? Know the model? The guy on here had it listed at T-15

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
I've played a few hours with a Mali V5 (Vintage Series #5) Cue.
Ozone and BW sells them for $216.

ozonepark_2303_6589796766

Played similar to newer steel jointed Joss cues. I like the looks of it, but hated the way it played. For reference, I play with a 3/8x10 Tiger Ultra X shaft.

this is one of the new mali's made in china.. not the same thing as the original mali cues.. the new ones are made in the same factory as players and the new dufferins

chris

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
this is one of the new mali's made in china.. not the same thing as the original mali cues.. the new ones are made in the same factory as players and the new dufferins

chris

I'm talking about the other pic above

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
What kind of value is that cue worth? Also is the taper of mali but small or big say comparing too a ob?