Two Garage Sale Cues. Another "what is it" thread.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So any help would be great. I prefer to at least know what they are before selling them.

First cue is a nice plain jane. No markings. Brass pin. Probably a rosewood or cocobolo.

Second Cue

Looks like some kind of production cue. No markings, SS joint.

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
The bumper on the ?production? cue looks like it has some numbers or something on it. Maybe just a part number. What are they?

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bumper on the ?production? cue looks like it has some numbers or something on it. Maybe just a part number. What are they?
What you can see in the pic is the number 25. Or it could be 2 and a 5 because the numbers don't line up exactly.

Above those numbers is an upside down letter "k".

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Wish I could find stuff like this lol what did u pay? If u don't mind me asking :thumbup:

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wish I could find stuff like this lol what did u pay? If u don't mind me asking :thumbup:
I don't mind. 40 for both. She wanted 25 for the one that looks like a production cue and 30 for the one with the brass pin. I told her I'd take both for 40. Plus I bought a few other smaller unrelated items.

I just find it odd that neither has a name or stamp anywhere.

I wasn't sure about the one that looks like a cheap production cue but the other cue has that big brass pin so I figured someone had to of built it.

...worse case added the pin later.

Last edited:

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
You should have no problem making your money back on these. Even if you can't sell them they would make nice cues for someone that is in need of a gift.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
If the first cue, the plain jane isnt a KC or something along that line I would be really surprised. I have had several and just sold one with the exact same ring work. The pin was the same and also the bumper and how it inserts. They are not worth a lot but you definitely shouldnt loose and money if the cue is straight, I have seen some go for as high as $125 and I actually like the plain ones better than the pointed cues. In the second picture it looks like there may be slight scratches around the buttcap? If there are then the logo may have been removed.

Last edited:

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the first cue, the plain jane isnt a KC or something along that line I would be really surprised. I have had several and just sold one with the exact same ring work. The pin was the same and also the bumper and how it inserts. They are not worth a lot but you definitely shouldnt loose and money if the cue is straight, I have seen some go for as high as $125 and I actually like the plain ones better than the pointed cues. In the second picture it looks like there may be slight scratches around the buttcap? If there are then the logo may have been removed.
They're both straight. I figured if either were worth 100 or more I'd sell them if not I'd just keep them for house cues.

It definitely looks like someone sanded around that bottom of the butt. The thought crossed my mind that it might have been a cue maker with a bad rep or something along those lines. I figured it would be awfully tough to identify.

The production looking one is pretty clean. I was hoping that one would be a little easier to figure out.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
They're both straight. I figured if either were worth 100 or more I'd sell them if not I'd just keep them for house cues.

It definitely looks like someone sanded around that bottom of the butt. The thought crossed my mind that it might have been a cue maker with a bad rep or something along those lines. I figured it would be awfully tough to identify.

The production looking one is pretty clean. I was hoping that one would be a little easier to figure out.

Yeah I would say its a KC then, definitely a good buy at what you paid. The other one looks familiar but not certain, was thinking maybe a Stealth but thats probably not right. It has a 5/16x18 pin?

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I would say its a KC then, definitely a good buy at what you paid. The other one looks familiar but not certain, was thinking maybe a Stealth but thats probably not right. It has a 5/16x18 pin?
5/16x18 is correct.