> FS Gus Szamboti 4 Point Player's Cue With Leather Wrap - PERFECT IN EVERY RESPECT <

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
> FS Gus Szamboti 4 Point Player's Cue With Leather Wrap - PERFECT IN EVERY RESPECT <

For sale is a GUS SZAMBOTI cue, which is PERFECT IN EVERY RESPECT. The veneer colors are black, orange, green and natural. Barry refinished the cue. He wrapped it in black leather in April 2012, as you can see from the photo of the receipt to Ron Seymour (rigmaster here on AZ) below. The original of the receipt will be shipped with the cue. Barry also made two shafts for the cue, and they are unchalked with Ivory ferrules. The cue comes with a Gus shaft, which is not original to the butt, but the ring is a pretty darn close match. The finish on the butt is flawless (it looks brand spanking new). The Barry shafts roll dead straight together and apart. The Gus shaft has an ever so slight taper roll in the middle, but rolls straight together and apart (in fact, it rolls better than any other 25+ year old shaft that I have ever seen).

The specs are:

Butt length = 29.0 inches

Both Barry shafts = 29.0 inches and are 13.07 mm and 12.98 mm (measured where the Ivory ferrules meet the shaft wood).

Gus shaft = 28.75 inches and is 12.66 mm.

Weight: 20.1 oz. with either Barry shaft and 19.8 oz. with the Gus shaft; the butt alone weighs 15.8 oz.

Alton (CueCaps) made the joint protectors and did an awesome job matching the rings on the butt and shafts.

I'm going to keep this sale private by not posting an asking price for this highly collectible cue. Please PM or email me at m.gartland@twc.com or call me at (859) 420-8733 for a price. If you don't think that this Gus is worth $7,600, please do not bother to contact me about a potential transaction for this gem of a Szamboti.

Last edited:

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I had the pleasure of seeing this cue in person and it was spectacular!!! It looks brand new and I was very tempted but, I decided on another of Mike's Quality cues--I might regret not going with this one.

GLWS

KP

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   1
Hello Mike, I hope all is well with you.

Please PM me your price on the Gus. Also, any interest in selling the Gus shaft by itself?

Thanks,

Florian

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
My 2013 Barry Szamboti hoppe cue sold last night in an all CASH deal, so I figured that I'd bump the GUS to page 1. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Bump to the front of the line.

Great cue Mike.

I have almost the exact same cue with the exact same veneer colors. The only thing that mine has is a row of about 1/4 inch boxes around the bottom. The thing I find weird is the boxes are not in the center of the bottom of the cue.

Mine has (2) Gus shafts, and my other one as Barry shafts. I honestly think the Gus shafts are superior to the ones Barry made.

I bet that Gus shaft is really nice. Its great that this cue comes with both, IMO, you really have the best of both worlds there.

Good luck with sale. Whoever buys this will never let it go. I know I wouldn't.

Its just that nice.

Ken