AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For people who loves Lion and his supporters :wink:
Alex is playing Shanghai Masters Qual.1st Round
Live Now
He's leading 74th seed 1:0
Race to 5 and leading 33:0 this current frame :rolleyes:

Well said. Gonna be a tough row to hoe.

Best of luck to the Lion. I am glad hr found something cue related to hold his interest again.

He is super talented and a way cool jr.

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question about snooker rules. I haven't watched much snooker, but at one point Alex hooked his opponent pretty good. His opponent tried a 2 rail kick and missed the red. Then, his opponent got to do the shot over again. He hit the red this time. I see he got minus 4 for the first time when he missed. Why did he get to shoot the shot again? Was it Alex's option to have him shoot it again since he missed or something? Also, is it always minus 4 when you don't hit your object ball? Thanks in advance for any input on this.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question about snooker rules. I haven't watched much snooker, but at one point Alex hooked his opponent pretty good. His opponent tried a 2 rail kick and missed the red. Then, his opponent got to do the shot over again. He hit the red this time. I see he got minus 4 for the first time when he missed. Why did he get to shoot the shot again? Was it Alex's option to have him shoot it again since he missed or something? Also, is it always minus 4 when you don't hit your object ball? Thanks in advance for any input on this.

You are allowed 2 'do-overs' at any time in a match. haha-just kidding- I have no idea- I have the same question.

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you miss, in that case any red, your opponent has three options:
Play the shot
Make you play the shot from the final position
Have all balls replaced and have you try again.

Minimum penalty in this case is 4 points, or higher if you hit the blue, pink, or black instead of a red.

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you miss, in that case any red, your opponent has three options:
Play the shot
Make you play the shot from the final position
Have all balls replaced and have you try again.

Minimum penalty in this case is 4 points, or higher if you hit the blue, pink, or black instead of a red.

Thanks, I appreciate it. This same scenario actually just happened again. I haven't really watched much snooker, but I've been really enjoying what I've been seeing so far. I didn't realize how important the safety game is. These guys don't take many fliers....

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen Alex play snooker before, he can play far better than that and he will have to if he wants the cash in England.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
5-2 Astley
Alex missed shots when he was in.
Needs more time on those conditions.

I know it's the camera angle, but the black spot looks farther off the rail
than I'm used to. I always thought it was 12.75 inches from the cushion.
I see it's now listed as 12.8....
...are my eyes that good?

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I appreciate it. This same scenario actually just happened again. I haven't really watched much snooker, but I've been really enjoying what I've been seeing so far. I didn't realize how important the safety game is. These guys don't take many fliers....

Kind of like 14.1 except with tighter pockets. Shoot at a flier, miss and leave the opponent an open shot and you might not get out of your seat against the top players.

If they do shoot at a flier it is usually a 2 way shot.