Yet Another Room Closing... NC

PoloBob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BJ's Billiards in Havelock, NC just posted that they will be closed on Mondays and Wednesdays. In another three weeks, when the APA league on Tuesdays finishes their summer session, the establishment plans to only then be open on the weekends.

It looks like the beginning of the end...

I hope they can manage. I'll surely miss those '08 Pro-Am's.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i did a 3-day pool school in BJ's a couple of years ago. That's a nice little room. When I was there, the owner was supposedly buying another poolroom in Goldsboro. I wonder if that ever happened? Sorry to see your room closing.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

BJ's Billiards in Havelock, NC just posted that they will be closed on Mondays and Wednesdays. In another three weeks, when the APA league on Tuesdays finishes their summer session, the establishment plans to only then be open on the weekends.

It looks like the beginning of the end...

I hope they can manage. I'll surely miss those '08 Pro-Am's.

PoloBob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott,

It may have been one of your smaller turn outs, but I enjoyed the lessons. Much appreciated.

Anyways, the owner at that time has since sold out. However, the new owner is looking at reattempting to open another location in Goldsboro. Said owner hasn't had the best of luck in previous ventures regarding this line of work, but I hope for pool's sake he can find some success.

i did a 3-day pool school in BJ's a couple of years ago. That's a nice little room. When I was there, the owner was supposedly buying another poolroom in Goldsboro. I wonder if that ever happened? Sorry to see your room closing.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Is the owner proactively trying to build his business, with advertising, or using creative way to help build the business? Or did this happen for some unknown reason?

PoloBob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're moving their feet a lot, but I am not sure it falls under proactive. It seems to be more reactive than anything.

The last bit of advertising this establishment had was when Shannon provided them with flyers to promote his tour stop that they were hosting a year or two back.

It's disheartening. They're not quite positive which direction they want to go; stuck somewhere between a pool hall, a bar, a dance club, a grill, a karaoke bar, and a sports bar.

Is the owner proactively trying to build his business, with advertising, or using creative way to help build the business? Or did this happen for some unknown reason?

PoloBob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When It Rains, It Pours

After being told that the establishment would remain open long enough for leagues to finish their sessions, roughly 3 weeks left, patrons were informed today that the doors will close indefinitely this coming Sunday.

Perhaps having to drive a little bit further to find a table will encourage me to shoot a tad more consistent :idea:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
After being told that the establishment would remain open long enough for leagues to finish their sessions, roughly 3 weeks left, patrons were informed today that the doors will close indefinitely this coming Sunday.

Perhaps having to drive a little bit further to find a table will encourage me to shoot a tad more consistent :idea:

Sounds like the owner is calling it quits early. Blame OBAMA as he has destroyed the US Economy.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like the owner is calling it quits early. Blame OBAMA as he has destroyed the US Economy.

More ignorance...but I am glad you found more evidence for your file:rolleyes:

How do you know it wasn't divorce, crack, landlord, sick parent, other job prospect, thieving employees, lost liquor license, bad health, bad neighborhood, development plans for area...?

We could go on forever, but you go ahead and keep your tiny mind happy.

Don't worry about fact, it needn't concern you.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
They're moving their feet a lot, but I am not sure it falls under proactive. It seems to be more reactive than anything.

The last bit of advertising this establishment had was when Shannon provided them with flyers to promote his tour stop that they were hosting a year or two back.

It's disheartening. They're not quite positive which direction they want to go; stuck somewhere between a pool hall, a bar, a dance club, a grill, a karaoke bar, and a sports bar.

Or... blame the business that doesn't advertise and is unable to decide what business to be.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
More ignorance...but I am glad you found more evidence for your file:rolleyes:

How do you know it wasn't divorce, crack, landlord, sick parent, other job prospect, thieving employees, lost liquor license, bad health, bad neighborhood, development plans for area...?

We could go on forever, but you go ahead and keep your tiny mind happy.

Don't worry about fact, it needn't concern you.

Why did you not jump into action Mr. Know It All, and help the owner when the thread first started. BTW if you real the earlier post maybe you would have seen the own was not promoting nothing.

Think you are a BULLY, yesterday you brought up Shorty.

He was about the right size & in a wheel chair for you to bully.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why did you not jump into action Mr. Know It All, and help the owner when the thread first started. BTW if you real the earlier post maybe you would have seen the own was not promoting nothing.

Think you are a BULLY, yesterday you brought up Shorty.

He was about the right size & in a wheel chair for you to bully.

Ahh, so how is Obumble related to advertising?

I brought up your multiple bannings, shorty was only mentioned because of your involvement with him.

You never did address the questions about your multiple screen names and bannings and reappearances and the selling of donated items. Please grace us.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Ahh, so how is Obumble related to advertising?

I brought up your multiple bannings, shorty was only mentioned because of your involvement with him.

You never did address the questions about your multiple screen names and bannings and reappearances and the selling of donated items. Please grace us.

Did you donate something to The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix, not get a Tax Deductible Receipt & thank you not from the The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix like every person who actually donated something did? Or are you just tying to start, or keep alive a vicious rumor?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you donate something to The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix, not get a Tax Deductible Receipt & thank you not from the The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix like every person who actually donated something did? Or are you just tying to start, or keep alive a vicious rumor?

Are you claiming it is a lie that you sold items that were donated to you?

If you are, then you are a liar.

Brian_08

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hope you find somewhere to shoot bud. I'll be back in the jacksonville area in about a week if you want to get up and shoot some (your schedule permitting that is). Hit me up sometime man.

BTW how has the monday night tourney's been lately? I heard that there was a nine ball tour that rolled through Anytimes last weekend, did you make it to that?