I am a Producer for American Road Player, Let's Talk

SidePocketProd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What other experience in television do you have? What networks are you trying to air this on?

Over the past two years, we have had great response from many of the major networks and the concept today is to put season one on the web and create an audience that will ultimately help us to make the jump to network television. Of our team, Michael Murphey is the most experienced with dozens of movie and television projects under his belt. My partner, Mickey Conway has produced for ESPN in the past along with many film projects. For me, I have been been a part of the entertainment world for 20 years where I started as an actor, and over the years I have worked in many facets of the industry as a director, producer and actor. This is defiantly a passion project for me and I am very proud of the promotional video that I was able to Direct and Produce with limited financing. Bottom line is that, everyone who is involved considers this an opportunity to bring something new for us all to see. We know that this will be a show that will have a following that the networks will not be able to ignore!
Thanks
Peyton

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Peyton, I really appreciate you answering questions for us. I can tell that all of you guys are very serious about this new endeavor by your replies and posts so far. I wish you guys the best and I hope you reach your goal soon. Hopefully you will be able to get some more corporate sponsors as well.

SidePocketProd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Peyton, I really appreciate you answering questions for us. I can tell that all of you guys are very serious about this new endeavor by your replies and posts so far. I wish you guys the best and I hope you reach your goal soon. Hopefully you will be able to get some more corporate sponsors as well.

Thanks Allen. There has been more interest in the show than ever since we have launched the campaign and we have many investors who are excited to see the campaign become successful. I appreciate your interest and hope you will check out the site and spread the word. We are getting the word out and all of you who are clearly passionate about the sport can be a big part of the success of this show and ultimately something positive for the sport.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get Scooter and the show to Buffalos Billiards in New Orleans best action in the country
you would prolly have enough for a whole season from that one room.
Good luck to the you and the show it looks to be very entertaining.

SidePocketProd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get Scooter and the show to Buffalos Billiards in New Orleans best action in the country
you would prolly have enough for a whole season from that one room.
Good luck to the you and the show it looks to be very entertaining.

Buffalos is definitely on the route. We are looking forward to being there and know it will be a highlight! Please check out the indiegogo site and spread the word. It won't take much to get it started!

Thanks

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/american-road-player/x/9130349#home

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Thanks. We are very excited to share this show with everyone and there will definitely be additional content after each episode. Spread the word and check out the perks, pretty cool stuff that will only be available through the campaign!
Thanks
Peyton

Do you have a twitter account?

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
You must of not had your cameras rolling this night....?good thing insidepool did.
http://youtu.be/MqBvSM-qbqM
GL with your show, don't forget to stop in to Atlanta and match up with deathball!

Rob.M

-

Hi. Thanks for the positive responses. I don't know Derek Leonard but he sounds very interesting. The fact is that we are open to talking to anyone who is interested in playing. I have been following Scooter and Spanky for three years so we have met many great players and personalities. The idea behind the "Money counter" is to show the reality of the world. We are not going to script this. We are only going to set up situations, characters and games that we feel will be organic and interesting. I have found in the last three years that these stories and characters are interesting enough to excite an audience therefore I do not need to script. We will edit it truthfully but with storytelling in mind. In other words, tell the story within a television format that will keep you coming back. We have also found that the cameras are not a deterrent to these great situations. After all, isn't that what make this great. These are true entertainers that will interest not only pool enthusiasts but also the average American who will attach themselves to a world that they know nothing about! That is the beauty of this show that lives within a sport that needs new blood.
I ask you to check out the campaign and help me get this going. I am fully invested an I can see how people are looking for something new, something real. It only take few to get it started. Thanks!

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The vast majority of the reality shows on TV are fake, this one will be no different.

Rather than show your ignorance you should make sure you have done your

research first. I know Spanky rather well and know he is on 24/7 w/o the need

for camera's. The other day he was in the pool hall trying to hit a bullseye on

the dart board from 50' feet away while sitting in a chair for the cash. Needless

to say the people in attendance were thoroughly entertained by the antics.

That's just his way. I've seen scooter in action w/o any camera's and the action

is just as intense. The rush is there regardless, it just so happens someone like

Peyton was finally smart enough to capitalize on it and get it on film. Kudos to

you sir. I've been saying this is what pool has needed for years and it's great to

see it finally happening. I don't know if you have footage of Tim Heath yet but if

there is an outlandish scale he is over the top of it. Maybe too much so, but I

get a kick out of watching him and he draws a crowd as well. Keep up the good

work. I'm sure you will be in Jersey again cause Spanky is always tearing it up :thumbup:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I won't support hustling culture.

Yeah, I hear ya. Kinda hard to fade 10 K to an opponent that wasn't trying all that hard.

We will make it a "show" format out of the footage and tell the story in way that will keep people's interest, but it will all be true and unscripted. Thanks!

That's very cool and possible to do with these characters. But, considering the average intelligence of viewers that do watch reality Shows, do you believe that they will be able to tell a difference.

They hear a pop top on a beer can, a bag of Doritos being torn open and they start salivating like Pavlov's Puppy.

Last edited:

SidePocketProd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rather than show your ignorance you should make sure you have done your

research first. I know Spanky rather well and know he is on 24/7 w/o the need

for camera's. The other day he was in the pool hall trying to hit a bullseye on

the dart board from 50' feet away while sitting in a chair for the cash. Needless

to say the people in attendance were thoroughly entertained by the antics.

That's just his way. I've seen scooter in action w/o any camera's and the action

is just as intense. The rush is there regardless, it just so happens someone like

Peyton was finally smart enough to capitalize on it and get it on film. Kudos to

you sir. I've been saying this is what pool has needed for years and it's great to

see it finally happening. I don't know if you have footage of Tim Heath yet but if

there is an outlandish scale he is over the top of it. Maybe too much so, but I

get a kick out of watching him and he draws a crowd as well. Keep up the good

work. I'm sure you will be in Jersey again cause Spanky is always tearing it up :thumbup:

Sounds like the Spanky I know. I have footage of Scooter shaving Spanky's head after losing a match. There are stories every night! Thanks for the support and don't forget to spread the word and check out the campaign site.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/american-road-player/x/9130349#home

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
If 40 K is all you need, Scooter, Spanky and the rest of the Side Show are For Real, that shouldn't be too hard for them to come up with.

Call it, Investing in their future.

Boston$tyle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You better get a bigger bankroll out Peyton. What are you gonna do with 2500$ on the road with 5 ppl?? You'd spend that on room and food