Keith McCready Joins Cast of American Road Player

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
Earthquake.jpg

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the most exciting news in pool for the entire year of 2014. Good luck, Keith. I'll be following the show for sure now. :)

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How would this old timers crew perform at the Mosconi Cup 2015?

Earl, Keith, CJ (I know, not that old), Varner, and Archer (again, not that old- but not young either!)

They would probably do just as well if not better than this year's group

ratnip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great news!!! Can't wait to watch this show now as the entertainment value just skyrocketed due to an "Earthquake"!

Jay P.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Originally I was on the fence regarding this project.

Now you can consider me solidly on board. Looking forward to this a great deal.

The project just went from worthless to something that must be supported.

I'm confident Keith won't allow them to manipulate him into an unsavory direction.

barking4action

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that would make it entertaining. But, the have only raised $700 on the quest of 40k. Might be a great idea but without funding this project is gonna be risky. Ob the road with camera people etc. The cost have to be like $5000 a week just to travel and play

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith McCready

I hope you still have your killer instinct so you can run over the new generation players!

SidePocketProd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that would make it entertaining. But, the have only raised $700 on the quest of 40k. Might be a great idea but without funding this project is gonna be risky. Ob the road with camera people etc. The cost have to be like $5000 a week just to travel and play

Hello all, I am Peyton Thomas and I am one of the Producers for American Road Player. I have been working on this show for three years and we are really excited to have Keith on-board for the ride. He will bring a great deal of excitement to the show.

The idea behind the indiegogo campaign to raise a part of the budget is not only for the monetary return which will be used in the film production but also to create an "invested" audience. This has become very popular for starting something new. So, to date my company has self funded the entire project, about $20,000 and we plan to take on the Post Production cost. The actual budget for the film production is 100K so as you can see, there will be other investors some of which we are entertaining now.

This is a passion project for me as pool has been a major part of my life for 30 years so I am particularly invested in this show which is why I have tried to meld the other part of my life with the sport.

This will be a great show and ultimately we will push it to the networks because they will take notice of it's web popularity.

The donations you make are fully refunded if we don't make the the goal of $40,000 and you get great perks for your donations including Hats and shirts from Hustlin USA, Pool Tables from Diamond Billiards.

If you want to see the show, show your support with $25 and you will get to have the behind the scenes while we are on the road.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/american-road-player/x/9130349

After all $40,000 is $25 x 1600 donations...

On my other thread there were over 6000 views, 1600 doesn't seem like that much...

I'm all in, let's do this!

Last edited:

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
On my other thread there were over 6000 views, 1600 doesn't seem like that much...

First of all, best of luck on the project.

You may want to re-think your expectations about what is a reasonable percentage of people who will contribute after hearing about the project.

RED LITE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scooter vs Keith?

These folks are on track (as of 12/9/14) to raise only $2428 of the needed $40K by month's end.

I would contribute if I thought Scooter was good enough to beat Keith McCready even in his old age; I doubt it. Scooter might be able to "out-woof" Keith, but I wouldn't bet on that either. Keith is "The Man".

Just because Keith is coming out of retirement to join this project (in some unknown capacity), that's not enough for me to part with my $$. :wink:

That said, I wish them good luck. Any pool movie or series is welcome.

RL