8 pack

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Anthony, thank you for finally sharing your system :)

In the first picture on the left, the spots on the CB where your tip is aiming, does it have to be exactly there, or it can be on the equator of the CB?

And what is your bridge length, from the CB to the spot where the shaft touches your bridge hand??

I dont even think about if Im exact,I already know once I get to center cue ball and it looks wrong the move is one way.;) (I think most shots you can tell if you over cutting or undercutting)Pull up and move to the next spot.

This whats make the system a little tough, you need to be consistent with you bridge length, placement with the tip and your visual targets on the ob.(which ins't to tough).
Dont try to be perfect, its no fun .:) Just let it happen...just do it.

Once I lock on, I let go . Seems to work better.

Not sure of my bridge length, try to make it work with yours.

BTW there's more to it...just gotta gets some free time.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dammit, Anthony.

Now I can no longer say you don't contribute anything to the Aiming Forums :)

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, so you aim at ABOUT that spots on the CB, not on the equator of the CB, except the last red spot if I got it right...

And do you use all 3 spots on the CB and all 3 spots on the OB for cutting in one direction (so 9 possible alignments in one cutting direction)??

I dont even think about if Im exact,I already know once I get to center cue ball and it looks wrong the move is one way.;) (I think most shots you can tell if you over cutting or undercutting)Pull up and move to the next spot.

This whats make the system a little tough, you need to be consistent with you bridge length, placement with the tip and your visual targets on the ob.(which ins't to tough).
Dont try to be perfect, its no fun .:) Just let it happen...just do it.

Once I lock on, I let go . Seems to work better.

Not sure of my bridge length, try to make it work with yours.

BTW there's more to it...just gotta gets some free time.

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used it, and I just aimed at the equator of the cb, no matter which spot I was aiming at on the cb and balls were dropping very well. I even tried it on a few banks.
I'm not sure, but I think that the reason the spots on the picture showing the cb locations are where they are, is because of the size of the picture, he just had to put them there so we could see where the tip should be.
If I'm wrong, he can correct me.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I used it, and I just aimed at the equator of the cb, no matter which spot I was aiming at on the cb and balls were dropping very well. I even tried it on a few banks.
I'm not sure, but I think that the reason the spots on the picture showing the cb locations are where they are, is because of the size of the picture, he just had to put them there so we could see where the tip should be.If I'm wrong, he can correct me.

You are correct.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I love this system! I had a very good night of pool yesterday, running a very nice 56 in straightpool on a table that was not breaking well and with tight pockets, using only this system. This is the only system I've ever tried that just worked right out of the box. The first shot I tried, I made and I just kept making them. I guess, since I'm, very careful in my setup and have been working hard on fundamntals, the system works very well for me. There were a couple of shots that didn't look right, though, so I might need some work on those. Thanks for sharing!

StopShort

Registered
Gotta ask.......what about applying high outside spin on the CB or is all shots center ball?

I don't want to speak for 8 pack but I use what looks like a similar system.

Let's say we have a cut shot to the left that requires aim point 2 to pocket the ball. If i want to use outside English I move my aim point to 3 then pivot to a tip of outside instead of back to center. This works vice versa if wanting to use inside.

Last edited:

rolagator

Registered
hi 8pack , thanks for sharing this system its works. i like it . hope you share more of your system , like a video. just a thought . i pm you well back.

Roland

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
What do the objective aiming points in CTE look like?

I'll bite.

No matter where a ball sits on the table and you stand in one place looking at it, these points are always located in the same observable, repeatable, recognizable (in the context of CTE, this is deemed "objective") places on the ball. As your eye position moves the physical locations of these points on the ball change, but the perception of them remains the same.

Ghostball, in contrast, has a fixed contact point on the OB. That point always falls on the equator, and its placement left-to-right must be estimated from every eye position. CTE merely uses the objective data to find the correct ball-pocketing line instead of estimating the contact point.

eDZutKC.png

Reactions: bbb

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
hi 8pack , thanks for sharing this system its works. i like it . hope you share more of your system , like a video. just a thought . i pm you well back.

Roland

I will down the road ,I have of couple interesting things to share about it.
Sorry I didn't go into great detail on it. I also didn't put this on the picture but when I cut balls to left I use the left side of the cb and to the right the right side.

It is so simple once you start to recognize shots.
Things are a little tough off rails and wouldn't try this shooting over a ball.

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I like about this, is that it's similar to Ron's and one of Randy G's. More specifically, you always, on cut shots are coming in from the side your cutting too. Which makes 1 less thing to think about.

Thanks 8 pack for putting this out. Definitely looking for more info to make it even easier to use and just from what you put out already makes it easy to learn, especially for people that are used to doing pivoting systems.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
There is a difference in adjusting for spin and applying spin to the CB.

My question was about applying spin to a CB after pivoting to center.

Trying using low inside. How can you pivot to center when you are pivoting away from low inside?

For me, everything starts with where I want to put the OB and where the CB goes. Until I know where to put the OB, there is no way to know about adjustments nor the options on where the CB will or can go.

The OB direction of travel end point helps establish the OB direction of travel start point which is the point of the arrow, also what I call ghost ball contact patch.

The ghost ball contact patch is also the CB direction of travel mid point. The CB contact patch is the start point for the CB direction of travel line. The end point being here the CB stops.

As example, a left cut into a pocket. I first determine where in the pocket I want the OB to go, not just somewhere in the pocket is good enough. You can not adjust until you know where you want to go. If xxx systems does not take into where the OB goes, how can adjustements be made using xxx?

Once I determine this, I consider the spin to be used, if any. If on the left cut shot, if the spin will throw the OB to the left of the OB direction of travel line end point I choose, this means the OB direction of travel start point needs to rotate to the left in order to move the OB direction of travel end point to the right back to where I want to hit in the pocket. The OB contact patch is the pivot point for its direction of travel line.

How much to move to the left is all subjective because of variables of the playing conditions. This is where hitting a lot a balls comes into play.

There is no system that will objectivly compensate for adjustments needed during a course of a match or as playing conditions change.

It's all table time.

Something is forgotten about pool...........it's a dynamic sport. Things move. One of those things that moves is greatly overlooked but is what puts things in motion is....the cue.

The cue has length. The cue has to move through where the CB was. Where the cue moves through where the CB was is how spin is applied. There are types of spin that when used, the cue is not moving in the direction where the CB needs to go.......ie low inside on a cut shot.

The only time the cue movement and the CB movement are on the same line is center ball.

Last edited: