Used Diamond 9' Pro???

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where would be the best place to find a used Diamond 9' Pro???
I am curious how much I could save verses buying new?
Normally I would just buy new, but I got curious of any savings, and at one time I heard you could buy used 9' pro that were only used at a tournament and then sold, but I don't remember where I heard that from.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Banks!
I emailed their office direct yesterday so I will wait to hear from them then.

drhanson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a 9' Diamond Pro-Am 16 months ago. I looked into the tournament used deal and transportation costs were the big catch. If you live next to a major tournament, you can get a decent deal at the end of the tournament and not spend too much of your savings transporting the table home. Also, Diamond themselves sell tournament used tables but if I remember they were only 400 or 500 less than new.

I live in the Denver area and without any nearby tournaments, the economics steered me to just buying new. There are some benefits to buying new such as not having sponsor decals on the table, unused cloth the color of my choosing (I went with old school green). Diamond also gave me really good discounts on a package deal that included a light, two chair units with a connecting table, ball set and rack. If you need those peripherals, the package discount might steer you to new as well.

Good luck in your table search, hopefully you find a good deal and start enjoying it soon!

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks drhanson! That helps a ton, and kind of what I was thinking. As far as major tourny's that would be a no go here as well. And as far as saving 4-5 hundred I would opt for buying new for the same reasons you did. Thanks a million!

gforces1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table

I bought mine directly from Diamond.

They had some new old stock--slightly different cut of the pocket, Diamond light, balls and rack for a very good price delivered to my house and installed.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a 9' Diamond Pro-Am 16 months ago. I looked into the tournament used deal and transportation costs were the big catch. If you live next to a major tournament, you can get a decent deal at the end of the tournament and not spend too much of your savings transporting the table home. Also, Diamond themselves sell tournament used tables but if I remember they were only 400 or 500 less than new.

I live in the Denver area and without any nearby tournaments, the economics steered me to just buying new. There are some benefits to buying new such as not having sponsor decals on the table, unused cloth the color of my choosing (I went with old school green). Diamond also gave me really good discounts on a package deal that included a light, two chair units with a connecting table, ball set and rack. If you need those peripherals, the package discount might steer you to new as well.

Good luck in your table search, hopefully you find a good deal and start enjoying it soon!

Check your PM box. I sent you a message.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought mine directly from Diamond.

They had some new old stock--slightly different cut of the pocket, Diamond light, balls and rack for a very good price delivered to my house and installed.

I'm interested in the size of those pockets that were a slightly different cut. Were they larger than 4.5 "?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should also check which rails you are getting if used, the older ones bank a bit funny and are more "boingy".

mr8ball

Just make sure you get the blue Diamond rails. They are the new ones. The Diamond is on the break end rail. Best of luck

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I got a used nine foot diamond with the dymondwood rails, a set of aramith super pro balls, and the embroidered cover for $3100. BUT, I had to move it myself. Also had to be rather patient and wait for one that was within a couples hours drive from home. I had it recovered and professionally set up, so that added $450 or so to the deal. Nevertheless, I feel I got a fair deal and have been loving it for going on eight years now.

Good luck and shoot straight...

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I got a used nine foot diamond with the dymondwood rails, a set of aramith super pro balls, and the embroidered cover for $3100. BUT, I had to move it myself. Also had to be rather patient and wait for one that was within a couples hours drive from home. I had it recovered and professionally set up, so that added $450 or so to the deal. Nevertheless, I feel I got a fair deal and have been loving it for going on eight years now.

Good luck and shoot straight...

Did you buy from an individual, Diamond, or one of their reps?

Sounds like you got a pretty decent deal.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Did you buy from an individual, Diamond, or one of their reps?

Sounds like you got a pretty decent deal.

I bought it off of an individual from eBay. I've also seen really good deals right here on azb, but they only come around rarely on tables it seems.