Check out this draw shot!!!!!!

miramachine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shoot that shot only one time on my table, digging the cue into the cloth like you did in the video, then i would politely ask you to leave.

please post video of the same shot, with out trying to destroy the cloth on the table. that shot can be made without ever to tip touching the cloth.

lmao, wow.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shot. I have a buddy that can draw a spot shot past the side pocket by about a foot (one rail). If I didn't see him do it, I would have bet money it wasn't possible.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Seems to me it woulda been easier to play a stop shot on 8 to set yourself up for the 9:thumbup:

Nice shot!

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Nice shot. I have a buddy that can draw a spot shot past the side pocket by about a foot (one rail). If I didn't see him do it, I would have bet money it wasn't possible.

Yeah.... I would have to see that to believe it. Tell your buddy to post up the video.

To the OP ...... Nicely done.

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am curious where you aimed at for this shot. I know for myself and my cue I would have to aim to almost miss the object ball on the right to account for all the squirt I would get hitting bottom right that hard.

I do not have a low deflection shaft. I like my deflection.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah.... I would have to see that to believe it. Tell your buddy to post up the video.

To the OP ...... Nicely done.

It may be a while before I bump into him again, but I'll try to get it on video next time. He hits the shot fairly soft and spins it uptable. Again, freakish to see. This guy is a VERY strong player (100 plus ball runner) and can execute it over half the time.

Anyone else see this shot or hit it? It's actually a useful shot that comes up in one pocket (at times when balls are in the way to follow the shot).

The best I can keep it is about the center between the side and corner.

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am curious where you aimed at for this shot. I know for myself and my cue I would have to aim to almost miss the object ball on the right to account for all the squirt I would get hitting bottom right that hard.

I do not have a low deflection shaft. I like my deflection.

I also play with a conventional shaft. it has tons of deflection and weighs 4.3 oz. I aim almost completely full on the object ball to compensate for the squirt. you also have to catch the rail a little more thick to change the CB exit angle.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
please post video of the same shot, with out trying to destroy the cloth on the table. that shot can be made without ever to tip touching the cloth.

You're the one claiming it can be made without "ever to tip touching the cloth" -- so "please post video of the same shot".

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
I also play with a conventional shaft. it has tons of deflection and weighs 4.3 oz. I aim almost completely full on the object ball to compensate for the squirt. you also have to catch the rail a little more thick to change the CB exit angle.

Where did you learn all those big words,squirt,thick,exit angle...... yikes.

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
shoot that shot only one time on my table, digging the cue into the cloth like you did in the video, then i would politely ask you to leave.

I know BigB since he was 16; he has a lot of talent and is always willing to learn, as I am also. We are both at the Super Billiard Expo. If you are there or close by I can get a table, maybe we could go over the stroke delivery you are talking about, I am extremely curious.

Also a little history on Brian, otherwise known as Drill Master Sergeant Clarence Carter Sir.

His short draw technique is great, his finesse and soft game is beautiful, he breaks like thunder, and he plays like King Kong if he feels like playing.

He never practices and could care less about playing pool, he prefers to look at and build pool cues, yet he has an amazing stroke, soft or powerful. He also has more 300 games on a bowling alley than most could dream of, I think he is 25 now.

If you see him blasting power shots and beefing up his stroke it's because he is bored with pool and is just passing time, having fun.

He has no problem asking questions or learning something new, although he could care less he loves to learn about pool, or anything.

If you want send me a message and we could get together, if not at the Expo maybe another time, always willing to learn.

Have a great night
Sincerely:SS

P.S. He is a fan of boiled toenails

GoldenFlash

Banned
"Nice hit, but you cheated with the spin to get around the last 2 rails"

Yea......very skillful cheating. Lol
The shot was terrific!
There's always some knockers on here who will have some snarky comment about anything. Idiots!
You did great...wish I could do the same thing.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been almost 40 years ago,,I saw that shot in a three cushion book of diagrams. On old cloth,,I never could make it,,then a friend of mine handed me his new Meucci Cue. I came close to making the shot the first time,,with out the rack ,,then I made it 3 times in a row,,,funny thing about it--I never could make the shot with my Szamboti ,,and I really love that cue, By the way--- GREAT SHOT :bow-down::bow-down::thumbup2:

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Had a little special sauce on that. How often would you need it, ummmmm never

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow, some of you guys are thin skinned

i never claimed to be a world champion, never said that that was a shitty shot, or that it was easy. simple statement " you will not do that on my table ".

i do not know everything about pool, but have played for over 65 years, played in league on a first place teams, in calif, az, missouri for the last 43 years, have played people like joe balsis, luther lassiter [ i did not beat them ] ,but i do know a bit about pool.

i build cues and i think the dumbest thing a player can do is bend the stick by digging the tip into the colth. i think on occasion everyone touches the cloth with the tip, but not while bending the stick 45 degrees.

if you want to see some english just watch some of the billiard tapes on you-tube, they DO NOT BEND THE STICK, and can get all kind of crazy english on the ball, and yes i know they do sometimes hit the cloth with the tip.

to the op, sorry if i offended you on your shot. i thought this was an open forum where one could post his honest opinion.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been almost 40 years ago,,I saw that shot in a three cushion book of diagrams. On old cloth,,I never could make it,,then a friend of mine handed me his new Meucci Cue. I came close to making the shot the first time,,with out the rack ,,then I made it 3 times in a row,,,funny thing about it--I never could make the shot with my Szamboti ,,and I really love that cue, By the way--- GREAT SHOT :bow-down::bow-down::thumbup2:

Same here. I owned a beautiful Szam years ago. It did the trick playing straights, but not so much playing 9 ball.

Best,
Mike