Does anyone think Frost is favourite over Alex in the upcoming 1p $50000 match?

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex cant be beat in the long run.

I just watched Alex take off the Houston 9 Ball Bar Box tournament, he's also playing in the finials of the One Pocket. He's the best all around player in Pool right now and he's young enough to remain the best for many years.

He should beat Scott again because there's nothing Scott does better than him and Scotts fire power is below Alex. Scott may know a few more shots, maybe, but can he take the chance on shooting them on Alex for $20K, I don't think so.

Those shots look good in a tournament or on a video or playing cheap, but not for $20,000.00!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
After Derby City I would give the 3:2 myself and take Alex.

I bet on Alex in the 20K match and I think he's a better one pocket player now. Scott can win, that's for sure, but 3:2 money is not a bad line.

Last edited:

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, it would be very unwise to bet against Alex !..But, I do have a few bets, on Scott having a better overall tournament, than Efren..And I still have a few $$$ left to wager, if anyones interested ? ;) Efren's always been one of my heroes, but I think he has lost a few too many steps, to compete with this crew ! (been wrong before...once !) :p

PS..I'm referring to the late June, six man Accu-stat tournament, in NJ !

Yeah, you may be right about Efren, but we also pull for the greats to find that lightning in a bottle on more time, ala Jack Nicklaus at the 1986 Masters'. Still probably the greatest excitement I ever got watching a sporting event. (Tom at the British would have been epic too).

And Efren is so well liked, everyone is looking for a little more magic. I always pull for the Magician.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, you may be right about Efren, but we also pull for the greats to find that lightning in a bottle on more time, ala Jack Nicklaus at the 1986 Masters'. Still probably the greatest excitement I ever got watching a sporting event. (Tom at the British would have been epic too).

And Efren is so well liked, everyone is looking for a little more magic. I always pull for the Magician.

So Bunter, Is their a chance for any kind of wager with you ?..Not trying to hi-roll..anything from $20, to $200 is fine !..:thumbup:

PS..If you would stop slamming me in every post you make, I may even give you odds ! :)

Last edited:

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Wasn't it pretty much a safe bet to say that Scott dumped on that $20K match...?

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't it pretty much a safe bet to say that Scott dumped on that $20K match...?

Absolutely NOT !...Due to the parties involved in staking Scott, it would be almost impossible even if he wanted to !..(which he didn't).. Its really a shame, how things can get so distorted on here, strictly by people who don't have a clue what they are talking about ! :(

Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I just watched Alex take off the Houston 9 Ball Bar Box tournament, he's also playing in the finials of the One Pocket. He's the best all around player in Pool right now and he's young enough to remain the best for many years.

King,

I watched Alex as well on both Saturday and Sunday. Honestly thought he should have been out of that event early. His opponents kept him in the event, not his overpowering play. Match after match, good players kept letting him back in. Yes, he made some great shots. Both offensive and defensive. Thought he played like he didn't care. The guy who bought him in the auction for $7200 sure did! Perhaps it's just one more facet of Mr. Happygolucky. And why he's such a great player. JMHO.

Lyn

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So Bunter, Is their a chance for any kind of wager with you ?..Not trying to hi-roll..anything from $20, to $200 is fine !..:thumbup:

PS..If you would stop slamming me in every post you make, I may even give you odds ! :)

SJD, you might be a little older than me, but you can't move on me. I bet with my head, not my heart. Efren is most likely on the decline, (I really don't know his recent past performances) and Scott is still in his prime. So I will respecfully decline, thanks anyway. Not saying it's a horrible bet, but Scott would be the fav. Just out of curiosity what odds are you offering?

I'm one of those suckers that goes for the big odds in horse racing. About 8 months ago, I was betting the pick 4 at remington park, and in the fourth leg, there were only two horses live with tickets that would have 4 out of 4. It was the 1 and the 3 horses. I had the 3 horse, and I had the only live ticket on the three, I get $31K for a one dollar bet if he wins. He breaks bad, but makes a move on the turn, and is the only one running at the end, flying on the outside. It's a photo for the win and i lose by a nose. I still got paid about $1300 for 3 out of four (because the 1 didn't win either). But that one hurt for a long, long time. You don't get in those positions often.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

no, NO chance of that, if you knew who was staking scott he wouldnt be walking now if that was the case

frost thought he could win
taable got the better of him as did alex

difference was that set alex played one pocket, frost shot one pocket

i think this be much closer will last way longer than the last one im saying 20-25 hours

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i will take alex even and bet efren even if i win
same money both matches

Deanoc...Please clarify what you are saying !..If you are taking Efren over Scott, in the Accustates event, please tell me what you want to bet :confused:... ..I made it very clear, I like Alex to beat Scott too !..So forget about that side of the bet !

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Since Alex got back from his snooker gig, his game has not worsened. I'm sure it was a humbling mental reboot, constantly getting a beat down but learning quickly ''the hard way''. Great way to improve ones mental game.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i want to bet even on alex
if i win i will bet the whole thing on efren if possible

or i will bet efren over scott with odds if they play