Classless Earl Strickland

Pleinairrider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just love these posts. Why? Cuz I have always hated Earl.

He SHOULD be appreciative by now, what he has a place to play at Steinway (and
a small stipend salary from what I heard), he has someone selling his products/toys,
and he has the opportunity to erase some of the craziness he has created in past times
by merely acting like a gentleman now.

But f*** no! He acts like a complete a**hole whenever he feels it suits him.
His legacy is gone as far as I'm concerned.
With all due respect to his friends and family, the sooner he checks out, the better. :cool:

Why would you look forward to someones death? What is wrong WITH YOU?

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy i really don,t like the way earl behaves sometimes either, but to wish he would "check out" is simply low class.

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To you folks who aren't sure of the bipolar thing, he definitely is. They talk about it in the documentary about him - towards the end, if memory serves.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Not always though. I've seen both sides. His bad side is not pretty and comes out more and more it seems. He can be very personable though and I like the way he will give honest assessments and often gives credit where credit is due.

Pretty old topic though and you get the idea by now. He definitely can be quite unpleasant at times.

I have defended Earl many, many times on here. He remains my favourite player to watch as far as rotation pool goes. But the truth is the truth. Just recently he's twice been extremely obnoxious to two teenagers at different exhibitions/tournaments that I know of. Although I was not present for this, I was told by people whom I trust, and who had no reason to lie about it. One was a very disappointed (now former) fan. One of the "victims" was a teenage girl. The verbal abuse made her cry. There is NO EXCUSE to do this sort of thing at a paid gig, like an exhibition. Although one should of course be very understanding of peoples mental health problems, there are always certain limits to what kind of behaviour is tolerable.

Last edited:

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To you folks who aren't sure of the bipolar thing, he definitely is. They talk about it in the documentary about him - towards the end, if memory serves.

No doubt. I ran into him at the SBE sitting alone in the corner and I went over to say hi. He was meek as a lamb and complained quietly about his opponent getting all of the rolls.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He doesn't act, he IS the greatest 9ball player of all time. Deal with it.

What exactly is there that I have to deal with?
I don't care who the greatest 9 ball player of all time is.
Or the greatest 8 ball player.
Or the greatest one pocket player.....and on and on.
Besides you can debate that till there's no tomorrow.

The guy is a jerk.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl has always been a classless POS.
I used to play him at times back in Houston, I still live there.
And he has ALWAYS be a disgrace to this game and still thinks
he's God's gift to this game when in fact he's done the game little
other than disservice.
The guy is a joke and rude and arrogant.
Then he goes on Facebook and acts like he's the greatest.
Today his game is slightly higher than the average bar player.

Much of what you wrote might be true, but the last line certainly isn't. While he isn't as good as he once was (mainly because he can't keep his composure on consistent basis), he is still a great player who can still beat anybody at any given time.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I've known several people who were bi-polar. The condition was often frustrating to those around them, but never even remotely close to the degree Earl misbehaves.

It doesn't even seem like he has mood swings, either. It's pretty much 90% expectation he's going to say or do something nutty, and 10% "Hey what a great guy. He said hello to me in an elevator and didn't bite my head off (and then explained to me why jump cues are bad for the game)."

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Every top player for the last 20 years openly admits hating these ignorant POS gimmick sticks but the pool world just won't let them go.

Right on brother. Takes a certain beautiful finesse out of the game.

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl

has problems I saw him snub a young mentally challenged boy at the Derby,I wouldn't walk two steps to watch the ass.There must be something wrong with people who would root for the pig

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
This is the Earl we have known for the last 15 plus years, a complete moron with severe mental issues. He needs to stay on his meds and stay away from pool tournaments. I hate seeing him at any tournament I'm working, because I know I will have problems with him before long.

Jay, this seems odd coming from you. You grew up in the pool world, full of rogues, lairs, cheats, thieves, drifters, hustlers, etc. But now, this world class player is nothing but a "moron" to you. Why does he rate to be thrown under the bus, but not the other "cast of characters" you have been around your entire life? Just curious, especially with someone that most suspect has an undiagnosed "condition".

And handling Earl at a tourney would be a CAKE WALK. You start umpiring some High School baseball games, and you might not make it back to your car. You will hear stuff coming from mom's in the stands that would make Earl blush. Earl is all bark and NO bite, and if ref's are afraid of that, they are in the wrong game. Just saying :grin:

Last edited:

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl is hillarious and a grumpy pussy cat

if he was calling a 17 year old opponent a retard than clearly that kid's daddy never taught him how to man up, lmfao

not everyone behaves as you want them to, is what it is, he is what he is, greatest pool player on earth for a nice stretch, god bless him

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl is hillarious and a grumpy pussy cat

if he was calling a 17 year old opponent a retard than clearly that kid's daddy never taught him how to man up, lmfao

What??????
You think the kid should have attacked him for saying that?
This must be a joke........lol
Man up?
Geez........If anything would think the kid showed much more maturity than The Girl did. That's for dang sure.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
What a waste of talent. He has screwed up anything good he ever had...including friends. I don't feel a bit sorry for his broke ass. He'll die broke like most top players did/do. Johnnyt Johnnyt