If a foreigner wants to match up - where to go in the US?

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah we got some interesting Cherokee named cities around hear. Sort of like your aboriginal ones I suppose. I hope you make the trip, I'd like to meet you and play. I've always enjoyed your posts, videos, drills, etc. While my glaucoma has been tough I'm actually playing pretty well. So maybe you won't whitewash me. I can get you some other games too. And lastly, JB is right about OKC. I lived there for years and I've never seen more action anywhere else. Lots of Cherokee based names out there too. Cheers.
Quite true, we have some colorful city names here in Oz thanks to our earlier inhabitants.

Not sure why I know it, but that ditty about the Chatinooga Choo Choo impresses itself upon one's brain seemingly permanently, despite all attempts at inebriation to prevent such melancholy.

I'm lucky that my own diminishing sight faculties remains in the near zone, but have noticed clever fellows adjusting to impairments of all sorts over my days of stalking potential victors.

Pretty sure I'd enjoy an evening of pool and chatting with you EP, especially if we could talk disparagingly about the current pope. Even if we just played for beers.

Cheers,
Colin

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Atlanta has been picking up lately. I'd say start at Atlanta, go to Chattanooga for a spell. I was told Patrick Werren did well recently in those areas and he's foreign. Hell if you do come to Dixie lemme know. I'll play you some $100 sets to get you started just to pick your brain a little. My eyes are horrible but I just can't stay away from the game.

who is patrick werren and what speed does he play at?

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume you mean Justin Bergman?

Probably the best way to kill one's potential action by beating him, but I appreciate the offer.

If I did play him on his home ground, it would be at my own game.

But thanks for the reply.

FWIW: Would there be a depth of potential challengers in MO? I want to start from the bottom up to help the less privileged ;)

Colin

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume you mean Justin Bergman?

Probably the best way to kill one's potential action by beating him, but I appreciate the offer.

If I did play him on his home ground, it would be at my own game.

But thanks for the reply.

FWIW: Would there be a depth of potential challengers in MO? I want to start from the bottom up to help the less privileged ;)

Colin

The reality is that when you get wherever you are going , everyone that matters will know exactly how you play.
You may know how a few of them play, but most of your negotiations will be done based on info you get once you get there.
Good luck with that.
Your only chance to not get heisted everywhere you go, is to get someone on your team for a piece that knows how everyone plays, problem is , not many people are looking for a fair game.
So, unless you have some rich sucker lined up that wants to play you for the giggles, it isn't worth making the trip.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Atlanta has been picking up lately. I'd say start at Atlanta, go to Chattanooga for a spell. I was told Patrick Werren did well recently in those areas and he's foreign. Hell if you do come to Dixie lemme know. I'll play you some $100 sets to get you started just to pick your brain a little. My eyes are horrible but I just can't stay away from the game.

C'mon guys. Show some hospitality. Put yourselves in his shoes. How great would it be to go on the road in a foreign country or continent and have someone to help steer you.

I don't really gamble and I work shifts but, Colin, if you come to Chattanooga Tennessee, Diamonds is the place to gamble. Let me know ahead of time and I'll meet you or have someone trustworthy to help steer you. I do work shifts so give me a heads up.

What about New Orleans? Gambling mecca of the south. Joey A or someone down there please step up. I bet there's more gamble there than in half of the states.

From the Mississippi to the east, I would say NOLA, St. Louis Mo., Chicago, Tampa, Atlanta, NY City. I know there's much more but the gamblers here are oddly silent at the moment.

JAM, who posts on here, probably knows more than most when it comes to the whole east coast.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colin, if you come to NYC, let me know. I will give you a few names of players I know for sure who are trustworthy and who would enjoy an honest match-up with no funny business.