little ko is gone

filluptieu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea, his break in his last match absolutely killed him. I'm surprised he did not change it up.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just been eliminated by a guy I have never heard of

it happens, its pool. if you guys been around in pool for ages you should know that its not always the better player wins, so many good players in pool, the winner is determined by layouts and rolls also added to it skill, so skill means nothing, pool is almost like gamble, I love the game but thats how it really is.

I made a post awhile back about this same subject, that any given player can beat any other given player even if the skill is different, it doesn't matter, you will see it over and over, this is pool, not golf or tennis where the better player 90% of the time wins. pool is like 50% 50% if the skill is close enough, then any1 can win and it depends

djyadj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just goes to show the depth of field for little ko to be gone after his 3rd match

Yea, his break in his last match absolutely killed him. I'm surprised he did not change it up.

Putnik is not an unknown, but he's not on Ko's level either.

Fillup is right, Ko's break totally killed himself, I was wondering the same thing as well. It worked so poor, poor enough that even amateur player would probably want to try something break differently. He couldn't make a ball, not to mention even scratched and almost couple times.

:eek: One thing to note about his knowledge and skill though, when he was winning his last rack, Putnik put the four behind the five or three behind the four.

Ko made an EFren kinda shot :thumbup: kick it one rail and off to "combo" the 9 in the corner.
As soon as he went to check the 3/4 I knew he saw the shot and was gonna do it.
No surprise he pulled it and then all applauded.
It was by no means a close distance or easy shot. Definitely low percentage, many players would probably just play a safe.

it happens, its pool. if you guys been around in pool for ages you should know that its not always the better player wins, so many good players in pool, the winner is determined by layouts and rolls also added to it skill, so skill means nothing, pool is almost like gamble, I love the game but thats how it really is.

I made a post awhile back about this same subject, that any given player can beat any other given player even if the skill is different, it doesn't matter, you will see it over and over, this is pool, not golf or tennis where the better player 90% of the time wins. pool is like 50% 50% if the skill is close enough, then any1 can win and it depends

if this same player plays little ko 10 more times, he would be lucky to win twice.....I disagree whole heartedly with your post

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Short race tourney pool doesn't identify the best player every time because of the high variance. At some point you guys with limited knowledge will start to see it. It's why tourneys aren't long races because 1) the excitement factor wouldn't be the same and 2) the same guy would win every time (Shane)

Maybe little Ko can head over to Q Masters and make it in time for the Tuesday night handicap tourney

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Short race tourney pool doesn't identify the best player every time because of the high variance. At some point you guys with limited knowledge will start to see it. It's why tourneys aren't long races because 1) the excitement factor wouldn't be the same and 2) the same guy would win every time (Shane)

Maybe little Ko can head over to Q Masters and make it in time for the Tuesday night handicap tourney

They will NEVER understand. Not the higest IQ's around here. :)

They will NEVER understand. Not the higest IQ's around here. :)

you people and your variance lol.......watching too much internet poker obviously.....the next time one of you geniuses say it isn't an "upset" we will start betting 10k per match and I get to pick all the favorites :withstupid:

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you people and your variance lol.......watching too much internet poker obviously.....the next time one of you geniuses say it isn't an "upset" we will start betting 10k per match and I get to pick all the favorites :withstupid:

What's your problem with variance? It's the same thing as an "upset"... just the explanation behind it really. There shouldn't be an argument here.

You just said in another post that Ko would have won 8 out of 10 times. That's probably true in a race to 11. In a race to 50, it's probably 10 out of 10 times.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
What's your problem with variance? It's the same thing as an "upset"... just the explanation behind it really. There shouldn't be an argument here.

You just said in another post that Ko would have won 8 out of 10 times. That's probably true in a race to 11. In a race to 50, it's probably 10 out of 10 times.

you're talking to a brick wall here. I've explained it in layman's terms on here about 20 different ways and it still doesn't take. Even when they make the argument themselves, like in your example, they still don't even realize it, lol.

the only point I will attempt to make is there have been more upsets so far than I have expected......I understand the variance is higher when the race is shorter because luck can be a big factor....just look at finals of world 9 ball this year......just saying little ko has no business losing to this guy period

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really???

Your going to take Shane against the field 100% of the time just because its a long race???

I really like Shane's game, but he's not head and shoulders above everybody else in the world no matter how long the race!

Your going to take Shane against the field 100% of the time just because its a long race???

I really like Shane's game, but he's not head and shoulders above everybody else in the world no matter how long the race!

I am a huge svb nuthugger and even I agree with you:yikes:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The match I saw Putnik played pretty good. He shot over 900 so that's world class. People need to come down off the hero worship. The kid plays world class but so do other people.