Table work

Shughes13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys I'm looking to get some new Simonis and rails installed on my home table (8' imperial) I've contacted multiple company's in the myrtle beach area with everyone pricing me upwards of $1000 and over which I feel is too much. If I am wrong please let me know and if anyone in the myrtle beach area or surrounding can help before I attempt to do my table myself please let me know.

Thanks,

Spencer Hughes

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
If that is what everyone in the area charges, then it looks like that is the fair market value for your area. In this business, pricing is definitely regional.

The commute will also have a factor in cost. So keep in mind, if the technician has to travel a distance to your location, the cost will be higher. And don't forget about the chosen materials. If you requested Artemis cushions, $1000 would be a low cost.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Price the things out you want individually and you are probably getting close to $1k you doing it yourself. Now factor in someone's time that is experienced at doing it and you will see it is probably not so out of line.

Shughes13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have done this and all the supplies I would need from ozone billiards was under $500 I had guy quote me 650 which was perfect but he keeps giving the run around for 3 weeks and that's why I explored other options and everyone else is around 1k.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have done this and all the supplies I would need from ozone billiards was under $500 I had guy quote me 650 which was perfect but he keeps giving the run around for 3 weeks and that's why I explored other options and everyone else is around 1k.
I seriously regret going with the cheaper option with mine. The cheap guy is probably cheap for a reason

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I seriously regret going with the cheaper option with mine. The cheap guy is probably cheap for a reason

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Great input, honestly.

How long is the work gonna last him?

Pick somebody who knows what he's doing and has the references to back it up.

Pay the man, enjoy the table.

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may want to talk to the people in the one place down there close to a pool hall and ask who they have been using. Odds are they will be reasonable priced for your area. I believe in a previous thread you mentioned they had Diamonds there so maybe their mechanic may be experienced enough to diamondize your table if that is what your looking to do.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
$650 is too cheap.. I can only imagine the quality of work that you could expect to receive for that price. It's not surprising that he's giving you the run-around. At $650, it's clear that he must not take his work seriously.

That's not to say that he won't perform the work to a level at which you are satisfied with. However, if you are spending the additional money on a quality cloth, wouldn't you like to have the satisfaction of knowing that it is installed correctly? Might be an expensive lesson, if you have to hire someone else to come fix mistakes.