A picture of Raist and a story about courage.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Yes.. i have added Raist to my prayers too... please come back to the forum when you can.. we all miss you very much...

chris

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prayers

Raist

It appears that you have everyone on the forum hoping you may recover and the people are reaching out to you from all ends of this small planet of ours. I too want to let you know that you are in my prayers as well.

Hoping that you can continue to enjoy the game you share in responses to everyone on the forum, hoping to see more of your responses in the near future and most of all Praying That God May Bless You.

Myron

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
titlistsucker said:
Hi all,

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Many of your compliments has been most flattering and i am not worthy keke :eek:

brief recap on what really happened to me...
Yeah i got diagnosed with bone cancer last march in 2005, and was already the later stages of the disease when it was discovered. The prognosis was to be 3-6 months unless i did a hemipelvectomy (sp?) which in laymen terms means taking off the whole left leg and the bum. Well no pool? not on your life i told the doctor, for someone who spends 8 hours in a pool hall everyday, i wouldnt be able to stand not playing pool less than a day!
i got a bad deal though... by sep 05 i was already in too much pain even with morphine to last a decent game. Bone Cancer, haha what irony, if i have gotten some other cancer rest assured i be lying dead over a pool table.
Sometimes it feels as though i am been punished for playing way too much pool kekeke..

Remarkably, its been a long 15 months since and without any other medication (chemo) other than some alternative theraphies i read on the net, and of course carressing my precious titlist cues i have gone so far now. i wholly bedridden now lying on my stomach all the time.

Real nice pic Tate, the thing is, i didnt even remember i took this photo as i was already running on a high fever then. The fever helped though i think haha, as i was to groggy to feel any pressure from the cameras as i run out the last rack.

Anyway once again thank you all for the kind words and prayers.

Bgrds
Raist Chin

Raist, your story was truly inspirational and amazing. It proves that the mind certainly is a powerful tool. I was diagnosed with osteosarcoma back in November of 2003 and have had to deal with several relapses as well as undergo limb sparring surgury on my right leg so I know to a small extent just how hard this disease can be, though certainly not to the extent that you do.

I will think of you in my prayers, stay positive my friend.

Tommyd1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raist Thank You

Hey Raist,

Thanks for our comunication, I know God will bless you. I will see you in the afterlife :)

Tommy from Michigan

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im pulliin for you Raist. You are a far better and stronger man than me. (Timberly said it best for me)

Keep fighten and defying them odds.

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
all my prayers and best of luck are with you.

ps the story is very touching... loved it
some reps for him of my behalve, maybe that will make him better

CueJunkiee

Shoot with the Best TOOLS
Silver Member
thanks for posting the pics and stories.... i as many, got a cue from him. I'll i can say is it saddens me the big C affects so many of us and our families. Not a day goes by when someone i know gets diagnosed or i found out they have had the big C and are a survivor. It puts in perspective all those little things that go wrong each day-week-year and how little those really matter. For just losing my grandpa who raised me 2 weeks ago, i sure can say those stupid little things just don't bother me as much... He may be gone but still makes a difference in my life daily.
Keep the faith Raist and you are well loved on this forum and i'm sure everywhere you go, and everywhere you have been, you've touched someone's heart and made a difference. Especially on AZ...
I always think of you when i see titlist and wonder what you would think of it...
hang in-there's a long wait for that Searing and SouthWest you want!
CueJunkiee

MikeH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we get an update, how is Raist doing? Someone going to organize flowers or anything that may brighten his day....Chris?

Thanks for any and all news, hopefully good/great news of his recovery.

-Mike

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chris,

Thanks for this thread and thanks for caring so much. You are a good man.
There have been miraculous remissions of cancer, and I am hoping Raist has one now. I do not know the man, but based on the thoughts expressed here, he is a wonderful person.

God bless him.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Chris,

Thanks for this thread and thanks for caring so much. You are a good man.
There have been miraculous remissions of cancer, and I am hoping Raist has one now. I do not know the man, but based on the thoughts expressed here, he is a wonderful person.

God bless him.

Jay,

We just heard from Raist. Here's a post from him:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=501840&posted=1#post501840

Gotta love that kid - what heart.

Chris

G-Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just visited Raist today. He is now in a hospice. The poison from his left leg is threatening to spread and it will be very bad if it gets to his heart. Raist told me the next few days will be critical for him.

He is a shadow of his former self and cannot take food except for occasional sip of honey.

I feel sad that a young man in his prime is face with this calamity. Yet, with all that he is going through, he is donating the proceeds of the sales of his cues to charity. That's truly a fine gesture from a person facing grave challenges.

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
G-Man said:
I just visited Raist today. He is now in a hospice. The poison from his left leg is threatening to spread and it will be very bad if it gets to his heart. Raist told me the next few days will be critical for him.

He is a shadow of his former self and cannot take food except for occasional sip of honey.

I feel sad that a young man in his prime is face with this calamity. Yet, with all that he is going through, he is donating the proceeds of the sales of his cues to charity. That's truly a fine gesture from a person facing grave challenges.
Please be sure to tell Raist that his friends on the Forum are praying for him.

Sincerely,
Myron

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
MAN o' MAN!
Makes me sick they haven't found a way to cure this yet.
I will definitely put in a prayer for him.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I have to say a prayer even though i am not religious,i hope he pulls through,i myself have dealt with cancer on a person al level and it was pretty tough and just because its gone now doesnt mean it cant come back.:(

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Prayers will be sent

I will send a prayer out for our fellow AZ'er. May he be comforted at this very difficult time. I cannot imagine what he is going through but will pray for he and his family.

May God bless him,

jbk

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
G-Man said:

G-Man,

Thank you for updating us. You and Master Class (Chris) are our links to Singapore.

Raist's courage and nightmare are beyond belief - so much of his suffering, what he has gone through - it sickens me to think - that that can't be told here.

He is an outstanding person and I think one of the bravest people I have ever met. I really have the utmost respect for him.

Chris

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
G-Man said:

That is such a classy thing for him to do, his cues mean alot to him and for him to sell them and donate the proceeds to charity speaks volumes about what kind of a person Raist is. I will keep him in my prayers.

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
G-Man said:

Thanks for the update G-Man. I'm not much of a pray-er, but I will do it.