John Schmidt says CTE works after all.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir,

I understand more than you think.

I've been playing for decades not looking down the line of my cue stick while using what I would call 'parallel' english.

Also some of the IQ tests are very visual tests of what one's ability to perceive the reality & I score quite high on them.

But I do not assign words like objective where they should not be & are not applicable.

That is the crux of the matter.

You seem to be "hung up" on that.

Perhaps it is language that is holding you back from being able to communicate your logical explanation.

Perhaps Brian Wallace can be of assistance since it seems he has turned around John Schmidt's opinion of aiming methods by what he communicated to him. Unless that is, John was not convinced but is merely trusting his friends interpretations.

How about a 5 minute YouTube video? By you.

One day soon, a John Schmidt like- player, will check CTE out and report his experience. Then there will be more to follow.....and you will still be pecking away at MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.

Stan Shuffett

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Sir,

I have no mission & am on no mission.

As I've said, I just think individuals should make their own determinations knowing the reality of matters.

My science education & the numbers tell me what they do & I base my determinations on them.

If an explanation is ever presented that can logically indicate differently then I will amend my determination.

As I have also said, I wish you good fortune in that endeavor as if it is a reality, I will want to implement it in my game.

I was intrigued when I first heard the description. My 'hope' for such briefly clouded my judgement.

If it is now clouded & you are capable of removing those clouds, I will be delighted.

IF... is very often a very significant word though.

Also, language is all that we have to communicate ideas, etc. Lack of communication & miscommunication are two of the worse problems in the world & they can at times cause much grief.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir,

I have no mission & am on no mission.

As I've said, I just think individuals should make their own determinations knowing the reality of matters.

My science education & the numbers tell me what they do & I base my determinations on them.

If an explanation is ever presented that can logically indicate differently then I will amend my determination.

As I have also said, I wish you good fortune in that endeavor as if it is a reality, I will want to implement it in my game.

I was intrigued when I first heard the description. My 'hope' for such briefly clouded my judgement.

If it is now clouded & you are capable of removing those clouds, I will be delighted.

IF... is very often a very significant word though.

Also, language is all that we have to communicate ideas, etc. Lack of communication & miscommunication are two of the worse problems in the world & they can at times cause much grief.

Just put your Mission into dormancy for now as you likely have pool to play on a Saturday night. Good Luck!

Stan Shuffett

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Just put your Mission into dormancy for now as you likely have pool to play on a Saturday night. Good Luck!

Stan Shuffett

No, with Family, I rarely play pool on a Saturday Night.

But Thank You! for the Well Wishes of Good Luck!

& for the civil conversation of today.

But I am not on any mission.

Regards & Best Wishes for You & Yours,
Rick

PS Over 4,000 views in 6 days. It really is a subject of interest.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I also never doubted or questioned Einstein's but even he made mistakes.

Sometimes he needed quite a bit of help with the mathematics, as that was not his forte. His forte was in out of the box conceptualization of matters.

If Einstein's forte was in out of the box conceptualization of matters, here's a little twister to see if you can think OUTSIDE THE BOX. THIS IS FOR ENGLISH ONLY. IF HE CAN'T COME UP WITH AN ANSWER, OTHERS ARE WELCOME TO CHIME IN.

You may think, what the hell does this have to do with CTE? It has everything to do with it because your brain is currently MIRED in quicksand with your so called
"logical-vertical" thinking that takes you around and around in circles to come back to the same starting point and get nowhere. You're hung up on all the cut angles from 1 degree up to 90 degrees and the 5 individual aim points which you call 5 angles covering them. They AREN'T 5 angles! They're 5 AIM/ALIGNMENT POINTS COVERING ALL ANGLES. They are not CONTACT POINTS WHICH WOULD ONLY COVER 5 ANGLES (and a few more with pocket slop)!

This is the same sh!t that went on when Hal introduced a 3 LINE AIMING SYSTEM. ALL CUT SHOTS FROM 1 degree up to 90 degrees can be POCKETED by using those 3 LINES as STARTING AIM/ALIGNMENT POINTS which were called 3 ANGLES by VERTICAL THINKING NAYSAYERS. They stumbled and argued over it for almost 2 decades and still do while not knowing the inner workings to perform it. YOU'RE THE SAME WAY NOW!

THEY ARE COVERED EXACTLY AS STAN TEACHES IT!! CTE is an OUTSIDE THE BOX METHOD OF AIMING TO MAKE BALLS! Would everyone who has learned and now uses CTE with some degree to a high degree of effectiveness agree with what I posted about it being OUTSIDE THE BOX compared to every other aiming system?

Come up with an outside the box answer for the scenario below:

Many years ago when a person who owed money could be thrown into jail, a merchant in London had the misfortune to owe a huge sum to a money lender.

The money lender, who was old and ugly, fancied the merchant's beautiful teenage daughter. He proposed a bargain. He said he would cancel the merchant's debt if he could have the girl instead.

Both the merchant and his daughter were horrified at the proposal. So the cunning money lender proposed that they let "Providence" decide the matter. He told them he would put a black pebble and a white pebble into an empty money bag and then the girl would have to pick out one of the pebbles. If she chose the black pebble she would become his wife and her father's debt would be cancelled.

If she chose the white pebble she would stay with her father and the debt would be cancelled. BUT if she refused to pick out a pebble her father would be thrown into jail and she would starve.

Reluctantly the merchant agreed. They were standing on a pebble strewn path in the merchant's garden as they talked and the money lender stooped down to pick up the two pebbles. As he picked up the pebbles the girl, sharp-eyed with fright, noticed that he picked up two black pebbles and put them into the money bag.

He then asked the girl to pick out the pebble that was to decide her fate and that of her father. Imagine that you are standing on that path in the merchant's garden. What would you have done if you had been the unfortunate girl? If you had had to advise her, what would you have advised her to do?

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I do not think anyone has ever said that all of the shots can be made using just 5 lines.

It's that they can NOT all be made by actually using the 5 'OBJECTIVE' lines. That means that deviation from the only lines that are objective is required & hence that means that arriving onto the actual shot line is accomplish by subjective means & not objective means.

I could explain further but it would be a repeat of what I have already said.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
if einstein's forte was in out of the box conceptualization of matters, here's a little twister to see if you can think outside the box. this is for english only. If he can't come up with an answer, others are welcome to chime in.

you may think, what the hell does this have to do with cte? It has everything to do with it because your brain is currently mired in quicksand with your so called
"logical-vertical" thinking that takes you around and around in circles to come back to the same starting point and get nowhere. You're hung up on all the cut angles from 1 degree up to 90 degrees and the 5 individual aim points which you call 5 angles covering them. They aren't 5 angles! They're 5 aim/alignment points covering all angles. They are not contact points which would only cover 5 angles (and a few more with pocket slop)!

This is the same sh!t that went on when hal introduced a 3 line aiming system. All cut shots from 1 degree up to 90 degrees can be pocketed by using those 3 lines as starting aim/alignment points which were called 3 angles by vertical thinking naysayers. They stumbled and argued over it for almost 2 decades and still do while not knowing the inner workings to perform it. You're the same way now!

They are covered exactly as stan teaches it!! Cte is an outside the box method of aiming to make balls! Would everyone who has learned and now uses cte with some degree to a high degree of effectiveness agree with what i posted about it being outside the box compared to every other aiming system?

Come up with an outside the box answer for the scenario below:

many years ago when a person who owed money could be thrown into jail, a merchant in london had the misfortune to owe a huge sum to a money lender.

The money lender, who was old and ugly, fancied the merchant's beautiful teenage daughter. He proposed a bargain. He said he would cancel the merchant's debt if he could have the girl instead.

Both the merchant and his daughter were horrified at the proposal. So the cunning money lender proposed that they let "providence" decide the matter. He told them he would put a black pebble and a white pebble into an empty money bag and then the girl would have to pick out one of the pebbles. If she chose the black pebble she would become his wife and her father's debt would be cancelled.

If she chose the white pebble she would stay with her father and the debt would be cancelled. But if she refused to pick out a pebble her father would be thrown into jail and she would starve.

Reluctantly the merchant agreed. They were standing on a pebble strewn path in the merchant's garden as they talked and the money lender stooped down to pick up the two pebbles. As he picked up the pebbles the girl, sharp-eyed with fright, noticed that he picked up two black pebbles and put them into the money bag.

He then asked the girl to pick out the pebble that was to decide her fate and that of her father. Imagine that you are standing on that path in the merchant's garden. What would you have done if you had been the unfortunate girl? If you had had to advise her, what would you have advised her to do?

yo, english!!! This is the post you need to answer, not something else at this point! Should be easy for a near genius like yourself who can think outside the box like einstein!

CTE IS AN OUTSIDE THE BOX AIMING SYSTEM UNLIKE ANYTHING ELSE! IF YOU CAN'T THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX, YOU'LL NEVER GET IT AND CONTINUE THESE RIDICULOUSLY ARGUMENTATIVE POSTS!

I CAN PROVE THAT HAL'S ORIGINAL 3 LINE AIMING SYSTEM CAN MAKE EVERY SHOT ANGLE ON THE TABLE FROM 1-87 DEGREES!!

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I have 2 answers after only very brief thought but I am not playing 'games'.

But the reality is that her father got himself into a bad situation by doing what he should not have done.

The law is the law.

How can one expect honor of any kind from a cheat.

Her father should accept the responsibility for his actions & tell the cheater that he can have him thrown in jail if he wishes but then he will never get repaid.

Him getting his daughter will never happen.

In the real world there are more than just these three people.

This sounds like a good premise for a movie.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I have 2 answers after only very brief thought but I am not playing 'games'.

But the reality is that her father got himself into a bad situation by doing what he should not have done.

The law is the law.

How can one expect honor of any kind from a cheat.

Her father should accept the responsibility for his actions & tell the cheater that he can have him thrown in jail if he wishes but then he will never get repaid.

Him getting his daughter will never happen.

In the real world there are more than just these three people.

This sounds like a good premise for a movie.

ROTFLMAO!! This is EXACTLY why you can't conceive how CTE works or Hal's 3 Line Aiming System.

You are 100% STRAIGHT IN LINE VERTICAL thinking and CANNOT think outside the box!

BUT YOU ARE PLAYING GAMES EVERYDAY WITH YOUR POSTS SAYING THE THINGS YOU DO ABOUT CTE AND YOU WON'T STOP! WE ARE ALL FORCED INTO PLAYING YOUR GAMES OF MISUNDERTANDING, MISINFOMATION, MISCALCULATIONS, AND MISLEADING CONCLUSIONS WITH 30+ POSTS PER DAY!!

HINT: The father doesn't go to jail; he gets the daughter back and she's free for life; he debt is relieved.

Good thing the daughter had a much sharper mind than you do nor did she have you advising her on what to do or what not to do.

TRY AGAIN!! IF YOU CAN THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX TO FIGURE IT OUT, THERE MAY BE HOPE FOR YOU TO ONE DAY GET CTE!

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Since you're STUMBLING, FUMBLING, and MUMBLING with the other OUTSIDE THE BOX SCENARIO, HERE ARE SOME MORE:

1. You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:
1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
Knowing that there can only be one passenger in the car, who would you choose?

2. How could a baby fall out of a twenty-storey building onto the ground and live?

3. There are six eggs in the basket. Six people take each one of the eggs. How can it be that one egg is left in the basket?

4. The famous 'Penny Black', the world's first postage stamp, was introduced in England in 1840. The idea of postage stamps was a great success and was taken up worldwide. Yet the 'Penny Black' was in use for only one year before it was replaced by 'Penny Red'. Why?

5. Acting on an anonymous phone call, the police raid a house to arrest a suspected murderer. They don't know what he looks like but they know his name is John and that he is inside the house. The police bust in on a carpenter, a truck driver, a mechanic and a fireman all playing poker. Without hesitation or communication of any kind, they immediately arrest the fireman. How do they know they've got their man?

6. There is one recluse who never left his home. The only time anyone ever visited him was when his food and supplies were delivered, but they never came inside. Then, one stormy winter night when an icy gale was blowing, he had a nervous breakdown. He went upstairs, turned off all the lights and went to bed. Next morning, he had caused the deaths of several hundred people. How?

7. A woman has incontrovertible proof in court that her husband was murdered by her sister. Both the woman and her sister are before the judge. The judge declares, "This is the strangest case I've ever seen. Though it's a cut-and-dry case, this woman before me cannot be punished." How can this be?

8. A man fell off a smuggling boat into deep water. He could not swim and he was not wearing anything to keep him afloat. It took 30 minutes for the people on the boat to realize someone was missing. The missing man was rescued two hours later on the return trip. Why didn't he drown?

9. A man and his son are in a car crash. The father is killed and the child is taken to the hospital in critical condition. When he gets there, the surgeon says, "I can't operate on this boy - he is my son!" How can this be?

10. Five pieces of coal, a carrot and a scarf are lying on a hill near a remote house. Nobody put them on the lawn but there is a perfectly logical reason why they should be there. What is it?

11. A police officer saw a truck driver clearly going the wrong way down a one-way street, but did not try to stop him. Why not?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
The games of off topic distractions?

Those are a better fit for NPR.

When one thinks outside the box for REAL solutions...

one must still stay in the realm of REALITY.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The games of off topic distractions?

Those are a better fit for NPR.

When one thinks outside the box for REAL solutions one must still stay in the realm of REALITY.

These are 100% fit for the aiming section regarding CTE. It's a system that works from HAL HOULE originally THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX WHICH IS ON TOPIC!

Stan just took over when Hal's health started failing and he eventually died. Stan had no idea what Hal was teaching or talking about either. He got intrigued to the point of saying what we all did, "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! WHY ARE THE BALLS GOING INTO POCKETS DOING WHAT WE'RE DOING WHICH IS UNLIKE ANYTHING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE"!

The workings of CTE and the 3 Line Aiming System ARE REAL SOLUTIONS TO POCKETING POOL BALLS!!

You're now proving what I've known from the beginning. You are NOT as smart as you think and claim nor even close to genius IQ.

I once asked you what tests you've taken to determine it because there are in fact specifically recognized and approved tests. You got hostile by obfuscating and misdirecting the entire subject while still claiming your genius.

I also asked if you were a member of MENSA and there was no answer. Are you? Please prove it if so.

You're obfuscating, spinning, and misdirecting once again. STOP IT!!

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
since you're stumbling, fumbling, and mumbling with the other outside the box scenario, here are some more:

1. You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:
1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
Knowing that there can only be one passenger in the car, who would you choose?

2. How could a baby fall out of a twenty-storey building onto the ground and live?

3. There are six eggs in the basket. Six people take each one of the eggs. How can it be that one egg is left in the basket?

4. The famous 'penny black', the world's first postage stamp, was introduced in england in 1840. The idea of postage stamps was a great success and was taken up worldwide. Yet the 'penny black' was in use for only one year before it was replaced by 'penny red'. Why?

5. Acting on an anonymous phone call, the police raid a house to arrest a suspected murderer. They don't know what he looks like but they know his name is john and that he is inside the house. The police bust in on a carpenter, a truck driver, a mechanic and a fireman all playing poker. Without hesitation or communication of any kind, they immediately arrest the fireman. How do they know they've got their man?

6. There is one recluse who never left his home. The only time anyone ever visited him was when his food and supplies were delivered, but they never came inside. Then, one stormy winter night when an icy gale was blowing, he had a nervous breakdown. He went upstairs, turned off all the lights and went to bed. Next morning, he had caused the deaths of several hundred people. How?

7. A woman has incontrovertible proof in court that her husband was murdered by her sister. Both the woman and her sister are before the judge. The judge declares, "this is the strangest case i've ever seen. Though it's a cut-and-dry case, this woman before me cannot be punished." how can this be?

8. A man fell off a smuggling boat into deep water. He could not swim and he was not wearing anything to keep him afloat. It took 30 minutes for the people on the boat to realize someone was missing. The missing man was rescued two hours later on the return trip. Why didn't he drown?

9. A man and his son are in a car crash. The father is killed and the child is taken to the hospital in critical condition. When he gets there, the surgeon says, "i can't operate on this boy - he is my son!" how can this be?

10. Five pieces of coal, a carrot and a scarf are lying on a hill near a remote house. Nobody put them on the lawn but there is a perfectly logical reason why they should be there. What is it?

11. A police officer saw a truck driver clearly going the wrong way down a one-way street, but did not try to stop him. Why not?

Each of the 11 questions above could in fact be reality. Answer as many as you can because they do require outside the box thinking as does cte and the 3 line aiming system to grasp it.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I have no need or desire to join Mensa.

As I I've said before, I take no pride in what is basically a gift.

I only mentioned my IQ testing after I was called ignorant, stupid, etc. by some CTE proponents.

As I have said, thinking outside of the box for solutions, is only good if one stays in the realm of reality.

If one ventures off into the land of fantasy, thinking out of the box is only good for stories of fantasy.

_________________________________________________V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no need or desire to join Mensa.

As I I've said before, I take no pride in what is basically a gift.

I only mentioned my IQ testing after I was called ignorant, stupid, etc. by some CTE proponents.

As I have said, thinking outside of the box for solutions, is only good if one stays in the realm of reality.

If one ventures off into the land of fantasy, thinking out of the box is only good for stories of fantasy.

_________________________________________________V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

If you took the position that my work is comparable to a fantasy land, you'd be laughed off the premises if we were in a debate.......Last info that I had concerning IQ tests is that they were largely language/math based and void of perceptual/physical measures. Therein lies your problem. Perception rules over Math/language when it comes to playing the game of pool.
Your only chance at being smart in pool is that if the game is word and math based. Sorry but those days are ending!!

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
If you took the position that my work is comparable to a fantasy land, you'd be laughed off the premises if we were in a debate.......Last info that I had concerning IQ tests is that they were largely language/math based and void of perceptual/physical measures. Therein lies your problem. Perception rules over Math/language when it comes to playing the game of pool.
Your only chance at being smart in pool is that if the game is word and math based. Sorry but those days are ending!!

Stan Shuffett

I made no reference to your work.

My reference to fantasy was in regards to thinking out of the box & that for real solutions for real situations & issues one still needs to stay in the realm of reality when thinking out of the box.

Out of the box fantasy is useless for real situations & issues..

Some IQ tests are almost nothing but multiple choice tests with visual pictures along with questions in order to gauge one's ability to perceive the reality of just what the visuals indicate.

I've heard that there are some that are more subject specific in their testing but the ones that I have taken were general in nature & tested one's ability to solve for &/or recognize matters regarding a wide array.

If something is objective it is supposed to be universal to all.

I did not know that CTE was ONLY for a certain type of individual with certain types of aptitudes.

That's interesting.

So..according to you too, your CTE is not universally for everyone & hence not objective.

That's interesting.

So, are you saying that your CTE is more suited to less intelligent individuals that are not good in math, science & language?

Are you suggesting that low IQ individuals might be better suited for CTE than individuals with higher IQs?

If so, that too would be interesting.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made no reference to your work.

My reference to fantasy was in regards to thinking out of the box & that for real solutions for real situations & issues one still needs to stay in the realm of reality when thinking out of the box.

Out of the box fantasy is useless for real situations & issues..

Some IQ tests are almost nothing but multiple choice tests with visual pictures along with questions in order to gauge one's ability to perceive the reality of just what the visuals indicate.

I've heard that there are some that are more subject specific in their testing but the ones that I have taken were general in nature & tested one's ability to solve for &/or recognize matters regarding a wide array.

If something is objective it is supposed to be universal to all.

I did not know that CTE was ONLY for a certain type of individual with certain types of aptitudes.

That's interesting.

So..according to you too, your CTE is not universally for everyone & hence not objective.

That's interesting.

So, are you saying that your CTE is more suited to less intelligent individuals that are not good in math, science & language?

Are you suggesting that low IQ individuals might be better suited for CTE than individuals with higher IQs?

If so, that too would be interesting.

CTE is not for you. You have no desire to really learn CTE. You'd like to come to terms for knowing CTE, but thus far you are falling way short. It is very possible, though, that you may soon actually know CTE but you will never understand it. You are not willing to go to a table and allow every cell in your body to experience it. That is just not going to happen for you, because whatever you come to know, you will never dig in with it.......
You are all bark and no bite, basically nothing but a word man in the pool world.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
CTE is not for you. You have no desire to really learn CTE. You'd like to come to terms for knowing CTE, but thus far you are falling way short. It is very possible, though, that you may soon actually know CTE but you will never understand it. You are not willing to go to a table and allow every cell in your body experience it. That is just not going to happen for you, because whatever you come to know, you will never dig in with it.......
You are all bark and no bite, basically nothing but a word man in the pool world.

Stan Shuffett

Sir,

I've stated many times that my intrigue & interest in using it ceased when it became obvious that it was not of an objective nature & that there would be nothing forth coming that would change it's nature.

What does anything about me or any other individual have to do with those facts?

I could be a paraplegic & that would not matter in any manner regarding the intellectual decisions as to what it is or is not.

I've explained the reasoning for any neutral individual to partake, consider, & make their own determinations.

'Attacking' me has no effect on that reasoning.

I rather enjoyed our civil conversation yesterday & even today until the recent change in your tone, but I have no inclination to engage in any
dialogue of any personal nature.

You have a good evening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

Last edited:

oldmanatc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never had a personal lesson on CTE with any instructor other than watching DVD 2. I was able to learn CTE Pro1 without any additional help and it didn't take weeks to learn it. The part that took practice time, for me at least, was being able to accurately estimate points 'A' and 'C' as well as the 1/8th. The necessity to estimate these reference points is where I digress and admit the system isnt wholly objective, however these points can be estimated to a very accurate degree.
I am not an expert on how the eye perceives objects in a three dimensional world but I can at least say that there is a spacial relationship between the CB, OB and pool table that allows the same reference points to create multiple reference angles. I don't believe this is a learned behavior either because I have asked multiple people to do the following with the same results:

1) Set up 3 parallel shots where OBs are on mid pocket line and CBs are on second diamond line.

2) using 3 cue shafts, align each shaft from perceived CCB to the percieved right horizon of OB.

I have done this several times with different individuals who have never heard of CTE and they have all aligned the shafts in non-parallel orientation.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk