John Schmidt says CTE works after all.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I have never had a personal lesson on CTE with any instructor other than watching DVD 2. I was able to learn CTE Pro1 without any additional help and it didn't take weeks to learn it. The part that took practice time, for me at least, was being able to accurately estimate points 'A' and 'C' as well as the 1/8th. The necessity to estimate these reference points is where I digress and admit the system isnt wholly objective, however these points can be estimated to a very accurate degree.
I am not an expert on how the eye perceives objects in a three dimensional world but I can at least say that there is a spacial relationship between the CB, OB and pool table that allows the same reference points to create multiple reference angles. I don't believe this is a learned behavior either because I have asked multiple people to do the following with the same results:

1) Set up 3 parallel shots where OBs are on mid pocket line and CBs are on second diamond line.

2) using 3 cue shafts, align each shaft from perceived CCB to the percieved right horizon of OB.

I have done this several times with different individuals who have never heard of CTE and they have all aligned the shafts in non-parallel orientation.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Hi D,

Think about what you seem to be implying because you want to defend or convince yourself of something.

Are you saying that if those individuals where told to shoot the center of the cue balls to the Edge of the other balls, that they would get different outcome angles just because those parallel alignments are positioned at different lines across the table? Sorry, but if so, that is simply irrational.

If the balls are parallel & the distance between them is the same then the cte lines must & will also be parallel. That is simple science & will be so where ever the balls are in the Universe or on any size, shape, proportion or style of table that they sit. There is nothing that would cause one to see the points & lines differently just because the balls are on a different position of a table. The points of the balls are relative one to the other as are the lines formed between them & are independent of any other outside parameter. Hence they are the same & will be seen the same.

If one is not seeing what MUST BE THE SCIENTIFIC OBJECTIVE REALITY of the situation, then one is seeing it through a subjective prism.

All this said, I certainly am NOT saying that you or anyone else can not play well utilizing the method. It rather seems that some are capable of playing quite well utilizing it.

I could say a lot more as to how & why your 'experiment' is probably faulty, but I will just hold off on that for now.

Regards & Best Wishes,
Rick

Last edited:

oldmanatc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
English it is beyond your current understanding of science and reality. Please don't take that as an insult. I'm sorry I'm not qualified to describe it scientifically, but the example I gave is very real. I have told each person I conducted the test to use the point of CB That is touching the felt as a reference for CCB then visualize a line from CCB to OBE and lay the shaft along this line behind CB.

I have conducted the test twice at my house where 3 CBs were used the rest have been at a local bar and only one CB could be used.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I have no need or desire to join Mensa.

TRANSLATION: my IQ isn't high enough to qualify and Mensa wouldn't accept me.

As I I've said before, I take no pride in what is basically a gift.

LMAO. You're the one who first made the claim of having a "near genius" IQ. Anybody on here with a high IQ OR common sense and street smarts knows you're full of crap on that issue.

I only mentioned my IQ testing after I was called ignorant, stupid, etc. by some CTE proponents.

IQ testing and corporate testing for top employees are given the type of "outside the box" test questions that I listed for you or others to attempt taking. YOU FAILED MISERABLY!! You think in connected straight lines INSIDE THE BOX or Vertical thinking which is why you can't come close to grasping CTE as well as the test questions I listed. The primary reason is because you never got off your fat a$$ to work with it on the table because of a CLOSED MIND and delusional KNOW IT ALL persona.

As I have said, thinking outside of the box for solutions, is only good if one stays in the realm of reality.

All of those questions I listed are IN THE STATE OF REALITY. The problem is because you live in a STATE OF IMAGINARY DELUSION.

If one ventures off into the land of fantasy, thinking out of the box is only good for stories of fantasy.

_________________________________________________V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

No, if one lives in the land of fantasy and greatness as you do, thinking outside the box places you in the real world of people who have bright minds and can solve problems with EXPANDED thinking...not linear CONFINED thinking. Does THIS look like fantasy? Corporations TEST prospective employees with questions that I listed to determine if they have a high outside the box IQ to solve problems and high creativity: THIS IS REALITY IN BUSINESS! http://www.psychometricinstitute.com.au/Psychometric-Test-Guide/Abstract-Reasoning-Test-Guide.html

I've likened you to Fast Larry who was delusional and lived in a fantasy world of self imagined brilliance and greatness. He was SICK and ended up committing suicide.
His own daughter came out and spoke about it on his forum and another pool forum.

This is what she posted. Based on her descriptions, it could fit you:

"My family and I want to express our sincere apologies for my father and how he attacked/argued with many of you. He loved to fight! He loved to create chaos. I am at a loss for words at to what extent he would take his online fights. Please know, I am not my father. Do not be ugly to me based on how you feel about him! I cut ties with him 19 yrs ago! "

"My father was mentally ill in one way or another for my whole life. It is my belief that he had Narcisstic Personality Disorder with Illusions of Grandeur. I am sure it morphed into other things as he aged. I am not a doctor...just my guess. He could not be controlled. That is why his family walked away. We had no choice.

"I am sorry my Dad lied so much....pool records/history, Minnesota Fats, Fast Eddie, Bogart to the Dahli Lama. Moose bugged me the most. I could type page after page correcting them...Let's just leave it at that my father was dillusional! I guess I have said all I need to!

Last edited:

GoldenFlash

Banned
Helpless<========

Each of the 11 questions above could in fact be reality. Answer as many as you can because they do require outside the box thinking as does cte and the 3 line aiming system to grasp it.
No wonder it took me so long to begin putting CTE together.
I didn't get a single one of your questions answered...not one.
I must be REALLY dumb.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I did not know that CTE was ONLY for a certain type of individual with certain types of aptitudes.

CTE was created originally by Hal Houle and the SYSTEM itself is an outside the box way of visualization between the OB and CB to pocket any cut angle on the table. It is UNLIKE any and all other aiming systems as is 90/90.

They DO NOT take a certain type of aptitude. They require an OPEN MIND and DESIRE to get on the table and work with it in order to make more balls and improve games.
Noting more...nothing less.

What isn't needed is your twisting, spinning, misrepresentations, and falsehoods as you always do.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
YO, ENGLISH!! MR. MEGA IQ NOT IN MENSA!! TRY AGAIN BECAUSE THESE ARE THE TYPE OF QUESTIONS TO TEST EXPANDED OR OUTSIDE THE BOX THINKING IN THE REALITY WORLD OF CORPORATE AMERICA:

[/Come up with an outside the box answer for the scenario below:

Many years ago when a person who owed money could be thrown into jail, a merchant in London had the misfortune to owe a huge sum to a money lender.

The money lender, who was old and ugly, fancied the merchant's beautiful teenage daughter. He proposed a bargain. He said he would cancel the merchant's debt if he could have the girl instead.

Both the merchant and his daughter were horrified at the proposal. So the cunning money lender proposed that they let "Providence" decide the matter. He told them he would put a black pebble and a white pebble into an empty money bag and then the girl would have to pick out one of the pebbles. If she chose the black pebble she would become his wife and her father's debt would be cancelled.

If she chose the white pebble she would stay with her father and the debt would be cancelled. BUT if she refused to pick out a pebble her father would be thrown into jail and she would starve.

Reluctantly the merchant agreed. They were standing on a pebble strewn path in the merchant's garden as they talked and the money lender stooped down to pick up the two pebbles. As he picked up the pebbles the girl, sharp-eyed with fright, noticed that he picked up two black pebbles and put them into the money bag.

He then asked the girl to pick out the pebble that was to decide her fate and that of her father. Imagine that you are standing on that path in the merchant's garden. What would you have done if you had been the unfortunate girl? If you had had to advise her, what would you have advised her to do?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
since you're stumbling, fumbling, and mumbling with the other outside the box scenario, here are some more:

1. You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:
1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
Knowing that there can only be one passenger in the car, who would you choose?

2. How could a baby fall out of a twenty-storey building onto the ground and live?

3. There are six eggs in the basket. Six people take each one of the eggs. How can it be that one egg is left in the basket?

4. The famous 'penny black', the world's first postage stamp, was introduced in england in 1840. The idea of postage stamps was a great success and was taken up worldwide. Yet the 'penny black' was in use for only one year before it was replaced by 'penny red'. Why?

5. Acting on an anonymous phone call, the police raid a house to arrest a suspected murderer. They don't know what he looks like but they know his name is john and that he is inside the house. The police bust in on a carpenter, a truck driver, a mechanic and a fireman all playing poker. Without hesitation or communication of any kind, they immediately arrest the fireman. How do they know they've got their man?

6. There is one recluse who never left his home. The only time anyone ever visited him was when his food and supplies were delivered, but they never came inside. Then, one stormy winter night when an icy gale was blowing, he had a nervous breakdown. He went upstairs, turned off all the lights and went to bed. Next morning, he had caused the deaths of several hundred people. How?

7. A woman has incontrovertible proof in court that her husband was murdered by her sister. Both the woman and her sister are before the judge. The judge declares, "this is the strangest case i've ever seen. Though it's a cut-and-dry case, this woman before me cannot be punished." how can this be?

8. A man fell off a smuggling boat into deep water. He could not swim and he was not wearing anything to keep him afloat. It took 30 minutes for the people on the boat to realize someone was missing. The missing man was rescued two hours later on the return trip. Why didn't he drown?

9. A man and his son are in a car crash. The father is killed and the child is taken to the hospital in critical condition. When he gets there, the surgeon says, "i can't operate on this boy - he is my son!" how can this be?

10. Five pieces of coal, a carrot and a scarf are lying on a hill near a remote house. Nobody put them on the lawn but there is a perfectly logical reason why they should be there. What is it?

11. A police officer saw a truck driver clearly going the wrong way down a one-way street, but did not try to stop him. Why not?

Try these reality based test questions again. They're also used in the reality based world of corporate america to measure lateral thinking IQ

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
No wonder it took me so long to begin putting CTE together.
I didn't get a single one of your questions answered...not one.
I must be REALLY dumb.

No sir! On the contrary, you were EXTREMELY smart to have an open mind to give CTE a try and work through it as you did and become proficient with it.

Would you say you're better off now using it than without it?

You've been playing pool for decades, maybe longer than anyone on here if you started in your teens. You've seen every aiming system in existence.

Would it be an accurate statement to say CTE is an "outside the box" method to aim and align balls for pocketing shots compared to everything else?

(check your pm inbox. I'll send the answers. Please don't share especially with "you know who")

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since you're STUMBLING, FUMBLING, and MUMBLING with the other OUTSIDE THE BOX SCENARIO, HERE ARE SOME MORE:

1. You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:
1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
Knowing that there can only be one passenger in the car, who would you choose?

2. How could a baby fall out of a twenty-storey building onto the ground and live?

3. There are six eggs in the basket. Six people take each one of the eggs. How can it be that one egg is left in the basket?

4. The famous 'Penny Black', the world's first postage stamp, was introduced in England in 1840. The idea of postage stamps was a great success and was taken up worldwide. Yet the 'Penny Black' was in use for only one year before it was replaced by 'Penny Red'. Why?

5. Acting on an anonymous phone call, the police raid a house to arrest a suspected murderer. They don't know what he looks like but they know his name is John and that he is inside the house. The police bust in on a carpenter, a truck driver, a mechanic and a fireman all playing poker. Without hesitation or communication of any kind, they immediately arrest the fireman. How do they know they've got their man?

6. There is one recluse who never left his home. The only time anyone ever visited him was when his food and supplies were delivered, but they never came inside. Then, one stormy winter night when an icy gale was blowing, he had a nervous breakdown. He went upstairs, turned off all the lights and went to bed. Next morning, he had caused the deaths of several hundred people. How?

7. A woman has incontrovertible proof in court that her husband was murdered by her sister. Both the woman and her sister are before the judge. The judge declares, "This is the strangest case I've ever seen. Though it's a cut-and-dry case, this woman before me cannot be punished." How can this be?

8. A man fell off a smuggling boat into deep water. He could not swim and he was not wearing anything to keep him afloat. It took 30 minutes for the people on the boat to realize someone was missing. The missing man was rescued two hours later on the return trip. Why didn't he drown?

9. A man and his son are in a car crash. The father is killed and the child is taken to the hospital in critical condition. When he gets there, the surgeon says, "I can't operate on this boy - he is my son!" How can this be?

10. Five pieces of coal, a carrot and a scarf are lying on a hill near a remote house. Nobody put them on the lawn but there is a perfectly logical reason why they should be there. What is it?

11. A police officer saw a truck driver clearly going the wrong way down a one-way street, but did not try to stop him. Why not?

6. Lighthouse operator
9. Doctor is mother
10. Snowman melted
11. Saw in a mirror

May think about others later.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
English it is beyond your current understanding of science and reality. Please don't take that as an insult. I'm sorry I'm not qualified to describe it scientifically, but the example I gave is very real. I have told each person I conducted the test to use the point of CB That is touching the felt as a reference for CCB then visualize a line from CCB to OBE and lay the shaft along this line behind CB.

I have conducted the test twice at my house where 3 CBs were used the rest have been at a local bar and only one CB could be used.

D,

I have a complete understanding of the science & reality of that situation. It seems that it might be you that does not.

If the balls where set with the exact same distance between their centers & the lines between the centers of the balls where truly parallel & the balls where the same diameter, then the cte lines would also be parallel to one another. That is simple science. If anyone is not seeing the objective reality of that then they are seeing through a subjective & perhaps rose colored prism.

Again, please think about what you are implying?
Take anyone of those 3 sets of balls & transport them to a putting green in the same town.
You're suggesting that one would see the cte line differently simply because they are in a different location.
Place all 3 sets parallel to one another on that putting green.
You're suggesting that every individual would see a different cte line that is not parallel to one another just because they are moved to the right or left by a certain number of inches.
If you truly believe that, I do not know what to say to you, other then you have no grasp of science or reality. Please don't take offense.

Do you know that a pool cue is basically conical in shape & not all of them are straight?
Do you know that Gene Albrect has worked with countless individuals & he has seen very very many, about 1/2, that think that their tip is at center cue ball when in reality it is not.
That indicates that even the true objective center of the cue ball even in it's close proximity to the individual can not be determined as such by very many individuals. What they see as the center of the CB is their subjective interpretation of what the center is & that subjective interpretation is incorrect.

I suggest that you do your 'experiment' again & this time use a laser & have them hold it from left edge to right edge & mark & measure the spots the laser hits the rail & even then realize that it will not even then be precise to within millimeters. Your 'experiment; was chocked full of room for error.

Why did you ignore & not answer my question about those individuals shooting the center of the CB to the edge of the other balls & getting a different outcome angle?
They won't if executed accurately.
That too is simple objective science.

If you want to ignore simple objective science & believe what you want to believe, I doubt that there is anything that I can say to convince you otherwise.

Best Wishes,
Rick

PS It should not even be called an objective aiming system because there is no target at which to aim. It is a method that sets or aligns one for which to simply pivot & shoot, or sweep in & shoot. What the complexities of the pre shot does is takes the feeling that one is aiming out of the picture & hence the feeling that it is the system that is doing the work. It's similar in that regard to what I am now doing since finding out that I am now cross eye dominant & am employing a standing tall manual alignment method & simple dropping down on that line & shooting with no real aim or target in mind, that is when I do not revert back to my old ways. If I use my left eye the manual method works quite well, but if I use my right eye it looks all wrong.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
More of the same clueless babble from a delusional know it all who knows ZIP about CTE because he never studied, learned, or GOT ON THE TABLE TO EXPERIMENT WITH IT.

oldmanatc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
English, I believe the miscommunication here is that you are thinking of 2 dimensional lines on the playing surface that 3 dimensional balls are resting on. This is incorrect. The lines, the table, and the balls are all 3 dimensional. The two reference lines are used to triangulate the player to the CTE line. In the parallel shot example you have to stand in a slightly different orientation to the table to see CTE.

BTW, any keen observer who pays attention to these threads would already know my name, so I don't mind you using it.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
(snipped answers which may or may not be correct)

May think about others later.

If you do, please don't post. Send a PM. The delusional one will lay claim to knowing everything but say he just didn't want to play the game and post it himself.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
D,

I have a complete understanding of the science & reality of that situation. It seems that it might be you that does not.

If the balls where set with the exact same distance between their centers & the lines between the centers of the balls where truly parallel & the balls where the same diameter, then the cte lines would also be parallel to one another. That is simple science. If anyone is not seeing the objective reality of that then they are seeing through a subjective & perhaps rose colored prism.

Again, please think about what you are implying?
Take anyone of those 3 sets of balls & transport them to a putting green in the same town.
You're suggesting that one would see the cte line differently simply because they are in a different location.
Place all 3 sets parallel to one another on that putting green.
You're suggesting that every individual would see a different cte line that is not parallel to one another just because they are moved to the right or left by a certain number of inches.
If you truly believe that, I do not know what to say to you, other then you have no grasp of science or reality. Please don't take offense.

Do you know that a pool cue is basically conical in shape & not all of them are straight?
Do you know that Gene Albrect has worked with countless individuals & he has seen very very many, about 1/2, that think that their tip is at center cue ball when in reality it is not.
That indicates that even the true objective center of the cue ball even in it's close proximity to the individual can not be determined as such by very many individuals. What they see as the center of the CB is their subjective interpretation of what the center is & that subjective interpretation is incorrect.

I suggest that you do your 'experiment' again & this time use a laser & have them hold it from left edge to right edge & mark & measure the spots the laser hits the rail & even then realize that it will not even then be precise to within millimeters. Your 'experiment; was chocked full of room for error.

Why did you ignore & not answer my question about those individuals shooting the center of the CB to the edge of the other balls & getting a different outcome angle?
They won't if executed accurately.
That too is simple objective science.

If you want to ignore simple objective science & believe what you want to believe, I doubt that there is anything that I can say to convince you otherwise.

Best Wishes,
Rick

PS It should not even be called an objective aiming system because there is no target at which to aim. It is a method that sets or aligns one for which to simply pivot & shoot, or sweep in & shoot. What the complexities of the pre shot does is takes the feeling that one is aiming out of the picture & hence the feeling that it is the system that is doing the work. It's similar in that regard to what I am now doing since finding out that I am now cross eye dominant & am employing a standing tall manual alignment method & simple dropping down on that line & shooting with no real aim or target in mind, that is when I do not revert back to my old ways. If I use my left eye the manual method works quite well, but if I use my right eye it looks all wrong.

You are partially correct in that there is no target on the object ball. The target is on the cue ball; CENTER CUE BALL.

There are many distortions that occur in pool and the visual challenges of which you reference are directly related to eye dominance. In CTE, there are 2 distinct visual alignments that engage IN TO OUT DOMINANCE as well as an OUT TO IN DOMINANCE.
The challenges for the visual intracasies of aiming are much. CTE training easily structures the way for one to begin using proper eye dominance for a given alignment so as to filter out unwanted interference from the nondominate IN or OUT side.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
English, I believe the miscommunication here is that you are thinking of 2 dimensional lines on the playing surface that 3 dimensional balls are resting on. This is incorrect. The lines, the table, and the balls are all 3 dimensional. The two reference lines are used to triangulate the player to the CTE line. In the parallel shot example you have to stand in a slightly different orientation to the table to see CTE.

BTW, any keen observer who pays attention to these threads would already know my name, so I don't mind you using it.

Thanks Dan,

Please check your Message Box.

Best, Rick

Last edited:

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
D,

Are you ever going to shut the fvck up about objectivity?

Every day you write thousands of words about it.

Tens of thousands of words a week.

After all that you haven't convinced anybody.

Why do have to respond to every single persons posts about CTE?

I for one am sick of these daily repetitive posts about objectivity filling the majority of every page and then having your posts quoted in full by your victims.

I thought you weren't supposed to post in threads you didn't start.

Do us all a favour and carefully place you subjective/objective diatribes where the sun doesn't shine.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Are you ever going to shut the fvck up about objectivity?

Every day you write thousands of words about it.

Tens of thousands of words a week.

After all that you haven't convinced anybody.

Why do have to respond to every single persons posts about CTE?

I for one am sick of these daily repetitive posts about objectivity filling the majority of every page and then having your posts quoted in full by your victims.

I thought you weren't supposed to post in threads you didn't start.

Do us all a favour and carefully place you subjective/objective diatribes where the sun doesn't shine.

Well said and I would guess everyone in the aiming forum agrees with you. Probably many on the main forum also.

However, he just did something different by "moving outside the box" when he sent a PM to oldmanatc.

I think if he continues to PM individuals and discuss whatever he want to about CTE and stay the hell away from posting openly in the threads themselves, it will be a lot quieter, productive, and civil. That would be a positive thing all the way around.

Naturally, those who wish having nothing to do with him have the option in a PM to either not answer back or tell him never to PM again. But maybe he'll be happy doing it through PM's and so will they.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I would prefer he did this on Facebook instead.

For a number of reasons.

Well said and I would guess everyone in the aiming forum agrees with you. Probably many on the main forum also.

However, he just did something different by "moving outside the box" when he sent a PM to oldmanatc.

I think if he continues to PM individuals and discuss whatever he want to about CTE and stay the hell away from posting openly in the threads themselves, it will be a lot quieter, productive, and civil. That would be a positive thing all the way around.

Naturally, those who wish having nothing to do with him have the option in a PM to either not answer back or tell him never to PM again. But maybe he'll be happy doing it through PM's and so will they.