AZ's Mike Wong in Semi's

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching an earlier match on the main table and noticed Mike on the table behind it.
The person he was playing looked like he gave up. He kept walking away and coming back and Mike would still be doing his routine. I had to shut off the stream, unwatchable.

Can you imagine taking lessons from Mike.

I love it Mike "the stream killer" Wong

sure he is nice guy but wow its so bad, it was like a train wreck watching him

i couldn't do i watched an episode of house and cards and came back hoping shaw was shooting

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
It was painful to watch before the clock. He's not the time bandit but the 'The Time Thief' as he chalked, walked 360 around table, chalked, got down real low, chalked, walked 180 around table, chalked, studied, got down, popped up, chalked, walked two tables back, got down low, chalked, dropped, practice strokes, stood up, chalked, dropped, practice strokes and......knocks down hanger. All this while listening to the soundtrack from 'Gone with the Wind' on his headphones.

Repeat routine. Brutal. If I had not watched for hours just to see final and he was not playing Shaw I was out after seeing his pre-shot routine when he got the table.

Mike is a very good player. I respect he made the Final. I understand he could kick my azz 9-0 but.

Have a good day,

-Kat

Very good description. This is the first time I actually got angry watching a stream...he really is the player you love to hate.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
I don't know if it's intentional or not but he has played like this forever, hence the "time bandit" nickname Ginky gave him years ago

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching an earlier match on the main table and noticed Mike on the table behind it.
The person he was playing looked like he gave up. He kept walking away and coming back and Mike would still be doing his routine. I had to shut off the stream, unwatchable.

Can you imagine taking lessons from Mike.

I've can't imagine anyone taking a chalking lesson, but if they did, he'd be a good one to learn from.

As far as shooting, I don't think he can teach me anything.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At this year's DCC, Michael Wong finished in an 8-way tie for 20th in Banks, getting knocked out in the 8th round and winning $450. In One-Pocket (won 1 match) and 9-Ball (won 2 matches) he finished out of the money.

I stopped following but curious , did he ever get " sponsored " by anyone on AZB for the tourney and trip?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stopped following but curious , did he ever get " sponsored " by anyone on AZB for the tourney and trip?

He got some money in his go fund account and one sponsor atleast from a chalk supplier here can't remember his name but he's a regular poster , and I'm more than sure he went over and beyond what other players do to promote his product ,
Yes Mike is painfully slow but he's a fine respectfull young man who will give everything he's got and then some and will never lay down ,,

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He got some money in his go fund account and one sponsor atleast from a chalk supplier here can't remember his name but he's a regular poster , and I'm more than sure he went over and beyond what other players do to promote his product ,
Yes Mike is painfully slow but he's a fine respectfull young man who will give everything he's got and then some and will never lay down ,,

I lay down a couple times while he was at the table. Took a nap and watched two episodes of Bonanza and he was still chalking and getting ready to shoot when I looked back at the screen.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
I lay down a couple times while he was at the table. Took a nap and watched two episodes of Bonanza and he was still chalking and getting ready to shoot when I looked back at the screen.
I think he was helping Oregon count votes back in the Gore/Bush election.

I sponsored this citizen for 20 on one of his early campaigns.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Cool thanks ! Sounds like Renfro might be the chalk guy.

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wong

At least he didn't get drunk and miss matches like other sponsored players in the past...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Cool thanks ! Sounds like Renfro might be the chalk guy.

The sponsor was Chicago RJ....the Russian Magic Chalk.....
...and many more of us chipped in..we got our money's worth.

The tournament was the US Open Nine-ball

Reactions: KRJ

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Very good point. Much better to judge a man like this....but still.....

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member

Well, there you have it. Mike will never lay down his slow pace. Cues4christ help us!