Help finding a cue?

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, hoping I can get some advice. I am looking to order a predator bk3 with the sport wrap. The question is can someone point in the direction of reputable online website I can purchase from? I checked the major ones I know of, seyberts, pool dawg, ozone billiards and they are all sold out. I would prefer a website that offers a trail period.
I've used a bk2 and liked it, but just in case I don't care for the three I would like to not be stuck with it.

appreciate any help. Thanks.

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, hoping I can get some advice. I am looking to order a predator bk3 with the sport wrap. The question is can someone point in the direction of reputable online website I can purchase from? I checked the major ones I know of, seyberts, pool dawg, ozone billiards and they are all sold out. I would prefer a website that offers a trail period.
I've used a bk2 and liked it, but just in case I don't care for the three I would like to not be stuck with it.

appreciate any help. Thanks.

Good luck with that...most of us would like "trial" periods as well. My advice...find someone who has one and see if they will allow you to try it out.

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Trial

So your idea is someone sales you a new cue and if you don't like it you get to send back a used cue .........................

So how long do you think it takes for you to know if you like the cue or not ?

No offence but I am glad don't have a BK 3 for sale. :grin:

Strictly

Registered
Why is everyone acting like this guys got his head up his ass? I thought the whole return policy thing was pretty standard for ozone? I don't know about the rest of the major retailers.

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried a buddies BK3 and i think they break wonderfully. I dont know about any return policies but why not try finding a good used one on the for sale forum or open billiard market. that way your not out as much if you dont like it and as popular as they are now days you most likely could turn around and sell it for what you paid for it.

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So your idea is someone sales you a new cue and if you don't like it you get to send back a used cue .........................

So how long do you think it takes for you to know if you like the cue or not ?

No offence but I am glad don't have a BK 3 for sale. :grin:

That is exactly my idea. I know of three major sites all which offer the same thing. Here are the links incase you are interested in "trying" a cue out.

https://www.pooldawg.com/article/pooldawg-services/satisfaction-guarantee
http://www.ozonebilliards.com/returning-an-order.html
https://www.seyberts.com/return-policy

I am not sure how long it would take to know if I like it or not but with all three of these sites I would have 60 days to decide even if its chalked.

Also one person mentioned used and I wouldn't mind going that route but was unable to find any used ones.

I appreciate all the responses. I was able to find the cue and purchased it. Thanks for all the help. Hopefully now I can go from an apa 2 to a 3.

If any moderator see's this thread it can be deleted now.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Shopping for cues

That is exactly my idea. I know of three major sites all which offer the same thing. Here are the links incase you are interested in "trying" a cue out.

I am not sure how long it would take to know if I like it or not but with all three of these sites I would have 60 days to decide even if its chalked.

Also one person mentioned used and I wouldn't mind going that route but was unable to find any used ones.

I appreciate all the responses. I was able to find the cue and purchased it. Thanks for all the help. Hopefully now I can go from an apa 2 to a 3.

You don't know how long it takes for you to know if you like a cue or not ?

Really if its possible it be really nice if you were blind folded and someone handed you the cue just to see if you like the feel.
( your first impression on how the cue feels in your hands )
That's pretty extreme but focus on how the cue feels like you are blind folded .

From there the first few breaks should tell you.

And sorry but how are you going to know if you like a break cue when you don't chalk it.

I sale pool cues, I want the customer to love the cue I sale them.
I would never sale anyone a cue they don't like but In all honesty it doesn't take 60 days to know if you like a cue or not....................

If you dont know this then you soon will ......

It would be nice if you update this thread on how long it took you to know if you liked your cue or not.

Why is everyone acting like this guys got his head up his ass? I thought the whole return policy thing was pretty standard for ozone? I don't know about the rest of the major retailers.

They probably offer a refund on new cues, but only if they receive the cue back in new and unchalked condition. The moment you chalk the tip, the refund policy is void . you will not find a seller anywhere that will sell you a brand new cue, and then accept a return on it if it has been chalked (assumed to have been used).

I find it very hard to believe that those sites offer a return policy on new cues that become used after being chalked and used.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Cues returned

They probably offer a refund on new cues, but only if they receive the cue back in new and unchalked condition. The moment you chalk the tip, the refund policy is void . you will not find a seller anywhere that will sell you a brand new cue, and then accept a return on it if it has been chalked (assumed to have been used).

I do, and if its a pay pal transaction the seller has no choice but to take the cue back up to 45 days....

I have a no questions asked return policy......... and no one is going to know if they like the cue or not if they dont chalk it.....

For hell sakes I dont send cues around the world and tell the new owner they cant chalk their own cue until they know if they like it or not.:speechless:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It wouldn't be so hard to believe if you actually clicked the links provided.

Lolo loll ^^^^^. These businesses do this on the assumption most people will not be douches ( not referring to you OP ) and order stuff just to be ordering it and returning it and trying something else. Most people will first try out the cue they are interested in at league or pool hall or whatever first. That generally is why they are interested in that particular cue in the first place. They offer people this just as a reassurance.

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JustinB - I take it and you didn't use the links I provided. I copied this directly from pool dawg.

We want you to be happy with your order. PoolDawg offers a 60-day money back guarantee on any products purchased from PoolDawg, INCLUDING CHALKED CUES.We want you to be satisfied. No restocking fees, no hassles.

MortuaryMike

I agree with you. The first few breaks and will give me an idea.. My big point for wanting the "trial" period is my inexperience. Ive been playing for almost 5 months. I am not sure what I like in a cue yet. I used the BK2 and liked it and I have a current break cue. My current break cue is heavy. I liked it and actually still do like it but I have seen a difference in using a lighter break cue. Which is why I am going for the BK3.

I just went from a Mcdermott cue to a Dunkel cue. The mcdermott cue played pretty well as far as I was concerned. I received the Dunkel and instantly loved it. Felt great to shoot with, I couldn't tell you why though. A gentleman at the pool hall was actually explaining to me the balance points, which is why the Dunkel just felt much better to me than the Mcdermott.

I should have the new cue tomorrow, and actually tomorrow is my league night(i'm not actually in an apa league that was a joke by the way) so I should be able to get in some solid playing time with it. I will post back on what I think of it.

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BmoreMoney- I completely agree. I have purchased two cues with the return policy as a reassurance. I did not return either of them. I actually could of returned the first one because I got the second one before the 60 days expired on the first one.

The little things like the reassurance are a nice tough. I purchased my second cue from pool dawg because the let me pick a cue butt and a shaft separately. So in the end I paid full price for a shaft but got 216.00 butt for 90.00.

Heath Manning

Manning Cues
Silver Member

Thank you for the referral "Drop the Rock".

Matt contacted me regarding the Predator Sport Wrap unfortunately I'm waiting on stock.
I had a great conversation with Matt and he ended up placing an order for a number of accessories which was delivered yesterday.
I just wanted to personally thank you and let you know that I genuinely appreciate it.
The members on this forum have been very kind to me over the years which makes me feel great about myself and the level of service I provide.

Thank you all :thumbup: