Magic Chalk :)

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I like the T Shirts......but I don't wear anything red.....other colors?

Does it make you look fat ;) Not red, it's maroon. No, the only color I have. Will try another color on the next batch just to shake things up though :)

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8ac0b572518f4802b09370ae4845aca4.png

From a new cube to the very bottom this is the best, most consistent chalk I've ever used.

That is what a well used piece of chalk SHOULD look like, IMO. I can't remember how long ago I bought my first (and only, so far) minimum order of Magic Chalk, but it is close to a year, and I am still using the first cube, and it is not quite down to where the picture is. (I play about 15-20 hours a week).

Where did some folks get the notion that the "professional" way to chalk is to drill and squeek??

As an aside, I also find it interesting that watching high level play, pool player put the chalk on the rail and there might be a couple of pieces around. Billiard and snooker players seem to just carry their own piece of chalk to and from the table and there is are no pieces of chalk on the rail. I wonder how these different chalk protocols came about.

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billiard and snooker players seem to just carry their own piece of chalk to and from the table and there is are no pieces of chalk on the rail. I wonder how these different chalk protocols came about.

I believe you're not allowed to put the chalk on the table when you play snooker.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I believe you're not allowed to put the chalk on the table when you play snooker.

You can put your chalk on the rail in a snooker match...
...but you have to take it with you when you give up the table.

Unlike North America, across the pond, you bring your own chalk....
...or buy it at the club.

So chalk tends to be treated differently over there.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy what you like and just enjoy the chalk which is still provided free at any pool hall.

Last edited:

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is what a well used piece of chalk SHOULD look like, IMO. I can't remember how long ago I bought my first (and only, so far) minimum order of Magic Chalk, but it is close to a year, and I am still using the first cube, and it is not quite down to where the picture is. (I play about 15-20 hours a week).

Where did some folks get the notion that the "professional" way to chalk is to drill and squeek??

As an aside, I also find it interesting that watching high level play, pool player put the chalk on the rail and there might be a couple of pieces around. Billiard and snooker players seem to just carry their own piece of chalk to and from the table and there is are no pieces of chalk on the rail. I wonder how these different chalk protocols came about.

Just curious how you manage this? Do you place the cue on the floor and then meticulously swipe it with the intent on creating this sort of look? I paint the chalk with my bridge hand, and while I get a nice shallow roundness to the chalk cube's surface, I simply can't understand how you accomplish this near flat chalk surface. If I rest the cue on the floor, I find it takes away greatly from the time I have to survey the table. I wish I could emulate this chalk shape, but I'm curious as to how you accomplish it, and if obtaining this shape is so laborious, that it takes precedent over merely painting the tip properly for your next shot? :shrug:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Blue Diamond is from Longini, an Italian company.
MC comes from the land of Putin.......the Russian Czar.
Italy is our sworn ally.........Russia is our nation's enemy.

Twelve countries were part of the founding of NATO.
Today, there are 28 members & Russia isn't one of them.
Established in April 1949 as a counter to the Soviet Union.

So buy whatever chalk you like but I also pay attention
to the country of origin and the Soviets aren't welcome.

Yeah, if I too wanted I'd remind you which country aligned with Hitler, can you think which one that was ???? But, that would be as stupid as your logic. I've met some great folks from Russia, just terrific. And just because Hillary is going to be our President soon, I would hate for folks to look down on Americans just because of who are leader is.......

But, this is about chalk, and you love poking you nose in any MC thread to remind us you like BD, the fourth best chalk tested. Bully for you.

I see threads all the time about Predator cues, but I don't jump in because i use OB shafts to say mine is better. I see threads all the time about certain cases, but i don't jump in it and say my JB case is better.... I see threads when folks talk about something they like, but then mention what I have I believe is better than yours.... I mean, it's beyond stupid and childish......I mean, who does shit like that ??

This was a thread started as a thank you for providing another member a good product, at a fair price, and very good customer service...... yet, here you are talking shit about my chalk.... thats kinda jacked up ??

Last edited:

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
The shirt is cool! I love my magic chalk. I will be buying more. I have assorted chalk from Masters, Blue Diamond and Balabushka

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Yeah, if I too wanted to be a dbag, I'd remind you which country aligned with Hitler, can you think which one that was ???? But, that would be as stupid as your logic.

But, this is about chalk, and you love poking you nose in any MC thread to remind us you like BD, the fourth best chalk tested. Bully for you.

I see threads all the time about Predator cues, but I don't jump in because i use OB shafts to say mine is better. I see threads all the time about certain cases, but i don't jump in it and say my JB case is better.... I see threads when folks talk about something they like, but then mention what I have I believe is better than yours.... I mean, it's beyond stupid and childish......I mean, who does shit like that ??

Stalin, Mussolini, and Hitler were all dbags......
...but most Russians, Germans, and Italians are fine people.
...and I'll use their products.....including Magic Chalk

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Developed in Italy...

I don't like to knock the competition, but since you insist of coming into a thread from a happy customer to do nothing but add your negative crap..... here ya go...

Yeah, BD is barely a little better than LAVA :lmao::rotflmao1::shrug:

chalk: average number of shots before miscue
Silver Cup: 7
Master: 8
pre-flag: 8
Lava: 9
Blue Diamond: 11
Kamui: 15

Magic Chalk: 29!!!

Honestly, I was shocked by how many off-center-hit shots I could hit without miscuing using the Magic Chalk. The other companies need to figure out what they are doing and do their best to copy (or improve upon) it! - "Dr. Dave".

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Thanks, PT. I just wondered what type of folks would go into a thread to derail it. It was a customer who was happy with his purchase, what kind of folks decide,"ya know, I think I'll get shit on that parade for kicks and giggles" ???

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having a differant opinion doesn't mean someone is trying to "derail" the topic, or crap on your parade (you're not the op) just offering another opinion. If someone is wanting to try a differant chalk I'd advise trying several. I did buy some magic chalk and liked it, I just liked the BD better when I gave it a try. (It is a bonus to me that it's made in the USA) Someone said it was made in Italy so I showed pics of it "Made in USA". At the bottom of your post you quote Dr Dave so I will too.

"BOTTOM LINE":
"All brands of chalk have similar performance if you chalk before each shot and keep the CB clean."

From that I gather it's about price and how clean it runs (at least to me, I don't like getting blue hands) and if buying something made in the USA matters to you that can also be part of the choice. :thumbup:

And btw the only chalk that rated higher in Dr Daves youtube video was Kamui (if you don't chalk between shots) MC wasn't in the video.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Having a differant opinion doesn't mean someone is trying to "derail" the topic, or crap on your parade (you're not the op) just offering another opinion. .

Yeah, it is. The OP came to thank us for his product and how much he liked it. It was not a chalk comparison (thank goodness cause BD would get crushed again)

I see folks thanking OB cues for something good, they liked the cue, they liked the service, whatever, but even the dumbest poster in the world, would not go on there and say "Hey, I LIKE PREDATOR BETTER".

Just a goofy, childish internet thing to do. But hey, at least you are NOT playing with LAVA, so I will give you that, not by much, at least you stepped up your game a little. :p

Magic Chalk, still the TOP RATED chalk in the WORLD. Loved by Pro's ..... thanks for bumping this thread once again :)

Did I mention Alex Pagulayan just ordered some chalk too. On the next bump I'll tell you about the other pro's :)

Ah, see you're a new user. Wonder what banned person you were ;) LOL

And yep, it's a global economy. My car was made in Japan, my chocolate in Switzerland and England, my beer in Germany (clocks too), my tires in France, cheese from countries everywhere. Heck, the company I work for sells insurance in over 100 countries world wide. And yep, my OB cues from Plano, Texas.

I go wherever they make the best stuff, and/or the stuff I like best.

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Topic

Having a differant opinion doesn't mean someone is trying to "derail" the topic, or crap on your parade (you're not the op) just offering another opinion. If someone is wanting to try a differant chalk I'd advise trying several. I did buy some magic chalk and liked it, I just liked the BD better when I gave it a try. (It is a bonus to me that it's made in the USA) Someone said it was made in Italy so I showed pics of it "Made in USA". At the bottom of your post you quote Dr Dave so I will too.

"BOTTOM LINE":
"All brands of chalk have similar performance if you chalk before each shot and keep the CB clean."

From that I gather it's about price and how clean it runs (at least to me, I don't like getting blue hands) and if buying something made in the USA matters to you that can also be part of the choice. :thumbup:

And btw the only chalk that rated higher in Dr Daves youtube video was Kamui (if you don't chalk between shots) MC wasn't in the video.

Hi

You seem to have some issue with MC or RJ, the topic clearly says Magic Chalk.
Not that you cant give your opinion , but your opinion seems to be some what bias .
At least that is the impression of what I have read of your posts ..

If I feel that your post is bias or hate driven in some way then I will not read any of your posts .
Regardless if what you say is the truth or not ,if you don't word this right people will not read it.

Mainly most of us wish to be anti drama ................

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Just curious how you manage this? Do you place the cue on the floor and then meticulously swipe it with the intent on creating this sort of look? I paint the chalk with my bridge hand, and while I get a nice shallow roundness to the chalk cube's surface, I simply can't understand how you accomplish this near flat chalk surface. If I rest the cue on the floor, I find it takes away greatly from the time I have to survey the table. I wish I could emulate this chalk shape, but I'm curious as to how you accomplish it, and if obtaining this shape is so laborious, that it takes precedent over merely painting the tip properly for your next shot? :shrug:

Well Bob while you quoted someone else's post, that is my piece of chalk so I'll answer your question of how I chalk.

Like you, I chalk with my bridge hand. No, I don't put the cue on the ground, I hold just like I hold it when shooting & swipe my tip with chalk with my bridge hand. Nothing special, as I wear down one corner I just shift the chalk to another corner eventually wearing all 4 corners down evenly. Just the way I learned to chalk. Biggest pain in the ass is trimming the wrapper.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yotehntr;5713986 "BOTTOM LINE": "All brands of chalk have similar performance if you chalk before each shot and keep the CB clean." [/QUOTE said:
Personally, I used BD before Magic Chalk, and it most definitely left chalk marks on the CB.

Since the switch to Magic Chalk, no more chalk marks on the CB.

The biggest issue now is those thieving b@stards trying to steal my chalk off the rail. :angry:

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

...you just have to watch out for those Canadians. :grin:

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi

You seem to have some issue with MC or RJ,...etc

If I feel that your post is bias or hate driven in some way then I will not read any of your posts .
Regardless if what you say is the truth or not ,if you don't word this right people will not read it.

Mainly most of us wish to be anti drama ................

I have no issue's with MC or RJ, in my post I said that I've used it and liked it better than Masters. When I go back through and read the thread I missed the OP's 2nd post, (actually read it but didn't realize he was the OP) and was trying to tell him I had tried a couple different brands and found something that I liked better. Had I picked up on his statement that he'd tried BD I wouldn't have bothered with my 1st post.

RJ, I'm not a returning banned member, I'm using the name that I've used on forums for the past 10 years or so. I have no agenda against you and don't mind "bumping" the thread, and will read the other pro's names, could prove to be interesting. ;)