MOSCONI CUP LIVE (Score Updates)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiresome nonsense as per usual. How is anybody in this thread being treacherous? Honest criticism is not in itself disloyal.

It's okay for you to fly in and out of threads with your continued nonstop sarcasm and flippant remarks throughout the entire Cup, which I have basically ignored when you targeted me, but what else would we expect from SakuTroll?

Your posting history speaks for itself. You don't come here to discuss pool; you come here to troll. Keep on keeping on. You'll have to find a new target after the Cup. I won't give you the platform anymore. :)

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's okay for you to fly in and out of threads with your continued nonstop sarcasm and flippant remarks throughout the entire Cup, which I have basically ignored when you targeted me, but what else would we expect from SakuTroll?

Your posting history speaks for itself. You don't come here to discuss pool; you come here to troll. Keep on keeping on. You'll have to find a new target after the Cup. I won't give you the platform anymore. :)

sry but i see only good posts from saku....... what kind of replies do u expect to ure nonsense?

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

lol! Sure, I'm the one trolling here - ignore the deranged posts calling other posters traitors (for no clear reason), and that ridiculous thread about the USA still being in the lead (hint: not for long) - it's my flippancy that's really at fault.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiresome nonsense as per usual. How is anybody in this thread being treacherous? Honest criticism is not in itself disloyal.

Well said.

I'm a huge Miami Dolphins fan, but have always been a little critical of their quarterback, Ryan Tannehill due to his inconsistencies.

I guess that makes me a traitor, huh?

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well said.

I'm a huge Miami Dolphins fan, but have always been a little critical of their quarterback, Ryan Tannehill due to his inconsistencies.

I guess that makes me a traitor, huh?

Yup, I think as fans we're often most critical of those we're supporting, precisely because we want them to do well.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
As much as I would want to believe otherwise, it seems highly improbably that USA will sweep today, or even win the first 2 matches.

1st match: (Jayson vs. Mike) These two have history and I believe the pressure will be too much for Mike to overcome in combination with the crowd and rivalry with Jayson.

2nd match: (Neils vs. Shane) Neils is on his way to getting another MVP selection and Shane may very well be the least valuable player this year. I would like to know the head-to-head score between these two. The last time I remember them playing each other was on the bigfoot 10 ball at Derby City and Neils won.

It is a disgrace to see Team USA going BACKWARDS in progress.

Our last valiant effort was in 2012 when we came within 2 games of winning, final score was Europe 11-9. CJ Wiley was captain. This team consisted of Shane, Archer, Dechaine, Hatch, and Shuff.

Then in 2013, we got trampled 2-11 with the "Legends" team.

In 2014, we improved to 5-11. Last year we improved again to 7-11. And now we're going downhill once again.

This makes me sad.

End of rant.

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
lol! Sure, I'm the one trolling here - ignore the deranged posts calling other posters traitors (for no clear reason), and that ridiculous thread about the USA still being in the lead (hint: not for long) - it's my flippancy that's really at fault.

To either party arguing,
Why is it that every damn post has guys bickering like school girls?

It just gets old and that's why when I talk to guys that have stopped using AZ they have a "oh yeah AZ Billiards is full of drama & BS" kind of attitude...

f725e00d67179d9fab613f795a282163.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, you leave her alone you big bully. How dare you question her!

maestro de pool

Focus Concetration Nerves
Silver Member
Europe players are making fun of USA players

lost of interest to watch ,
too easy for Europe
teams are not even close
sad:frown:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Final Day Day4 Lineup

Final Day Day 4 is all Singles play.
Let us hope it is not over in 1 match :grin-square:

15380672_10154610751900115_933452912917266319_n.png

dkleather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's easy to have knee jerk reactions and start to try to apportion blame when a team is winning or losing. The format is short and designed to give excitement and upsets. It also makes certain shots more pivotal than they would be in a long race. The truth is with the exception of one ball from Skyler, the USA have not potted the balls that really require a good stroke. Europe have potted the majority.

I don't think it's fair to make Shane the fall guy, he is a great player and knows the game and he must look round at both teams and their techniques and know how difficult it is going to be for USA. That's a lot of pressure to be under.

The most telling thing I saw was before a ball was struck. Did you hear the USA captain on day 1. When asked what his plans were, he said "we're going to try not to suck".

Should have been sacked on the spot. That is not the comment of a man who believes his team can win and even if it was in jest, what sort of message does it send to the players on both teams?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's easy to have knee jerk reactions and start to try to apportion blame when a team is winning or losing. The format is short and designed to give excitement and upsets. It also makes certain shots more pivotal than they would be in a long race. The truth is with the exception of one ball from Skyler, the USA have not potted the balls that really require a good stroke. Europe have potted the majority.

I don't think it's fair to make Shane the fall guy, he is a great player and knows the game and he must look round at both teams and their techniques and know how difficult it is going to be for USA. That's a lot of pressure to be under.

The most telling thing I saw was before a ball was struck. Did you hear the USA captain on day 1. When asked what his plans were, he said "we're going to try not to suck".

Should have been sacked on the spot. That is not the comment of a man who believes his team can win and even if it was in jest, what sort of message does it send to the players on both teams?

As others have already pointed out, the "not suck" comment was a homage to words spoken by the World Series winning Chicago Cubs manager.

Lou Figueroa

dkleather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As others have already pointed out, the "not suck" comment was a homage to words spoken by the World Series winning Chicago Cubs manager.

Lou Figueroa

In a different continent, where no-one plays baseball or knows who the Chicago Cubs are.

Ps. It there any update on "the world" being allowed into the "World Series"?

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
In a different continent, where no-one plays baseball or knows who the Chicago Cubs are.

It was a message to his team -- doesn't matter that the rest of the world and you didn't get the reference.

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's understandable to not get the reference but you've doubled down on idiocy here. So you assumed once the USA team traveled outside the USA that they don't understand the reference anymore?