Why people leave the forum.....

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I miss those informative, "wow, what a good deal, you're giving it away", and "best hitting cue ever", "what a pretty cue" and of course, "you could not buy that cue new for that price".

Yep, very informative indeed. Now, I don't know which cues hit a ton, and which ones only hit a 1/2 ton ;)

I bought a cue once which was described as a "monster" thinking it would scare my opponents. Nobody was the least bit scared. The only thing I heard was how pretty the cue was. What a ripoff.

Meanwhile, this thread is from 2015 and had gone dormant until someone resurrected it for some reason. An oldie but a goodie.

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
never leave unless kicked off

I'll never leave unless I'm run off. Where else could I find this many people in
one place as full of sh** as I am. I love it. Acting like I'm an expert on what ever
the topic is, and arguing like hell about it even though I have no idea what I'm talking
about. The only difference between me and the other experts is I know I'm full of
sh** and they believe they really do know something. No wait a minute, the more I
think about it I just might be an expert on everything. What do you need to know.
jack

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that many people on this forum leave simply because they have had someone on here treat them disrespectfully, or in a way that upset them to a degree they simply did not want to deal with it anymore. Some people would leave because they are tired of reading the people bicker back and fourth causing drama. Too many chiefs and too few indians.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of cue knowledge was lost with all the tinkering to the "For Sale" section.

Some people enjoyed the chat room aspect, but unless those commenting were truly knowledgeable, it had little value.

I am still perplexed why users have a phobia about moving past page 1 or using the search functions.

henho

I Beat Fidelshnitzer
Silver Member
I left because I stopped learning things.

At the start of my pool playing days I would pick up helpful hints here and there. Now? Not so much.

Don't need the forum for social life, so if I'm not learning things, I'm not around.

I do visit on and off for nostalgia, but it is always more of the same so I'm not really tempted to stick around.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
The search functions are..

Some people enjoyed the chat room aspect, but unless those commenting were truly knowledgeable, it had little value.

I am still perplexed why users have a phobia about moving past page 1 or using the search functions.

These search functions aren't that great at all. People dont use them because they dont work well.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
BINGO!

I have however noticed that since the Naysayers have been MUZZLED, things seem to be improving.

JoeyA

I think that many people on this forum leave simply because they have had someone on here treat them disrespectfully, or in a way that upset them to a degree they simply did not want to deal with it anymore. Some people would leave because they are tired of reading the people bicker back and fourth causing drama. Too many chiefs and too few indians.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
This happened to another forum I frequented...there was a group of regulars who thought they were too cool for school and the mods enabled them to hijack topics and gang up nubes. The place is a ghost town now.

So you thought you'd come over here and spread all your good cheer around.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Gee just today I had a conversation with a former poster who got run off by the trolls. Guy is a fantastic human and great player who has invented a great set of training tools. Nicest guy in the world and the trolls here just ran him off.

And you wonder why more people don't post....

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
How come Joe Tucker does not have these issues?

He has a aiming system and DVD!

He is not on here with the rest of you guys rolling around in the slop!

He makes no grandiose claims. Plus his system and dvd pre dates cte.

You can't leave well enough alone! 10k butchering to prove cte superior to lou with ghost 👻 ball.

You can't let it go! Consumers don't need to hear from anyone on here about their opinion. But, keep trying to influence and make friends boosting sales !

I can't imagine any other motivation for being so engaged in this topic.

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

LOL - Joe has a lot he would like to say. But he doesn't because of not wanting to be embroiled in the troll attacks.

What grandiose claims?

I don't make a penny on CTE. I promote it because it's good for pool.

Consumers don't need to hear anyone's opinion? I guess you have never heard of Ebay and Amazon. Two sales sites BUILT on consumer's sharing their opinions of products.

Don't know what your problem is but anytime YOU want to play some we can get down. Won't prove anything about aiming but you can get all your aggression out against me on the table.

I am at 6300 E. Reno Ave, Okc every day. Big table or Bar Table, I have them both.

Tell you what, IF you lose to me then I will spend the money I win to send you to see Stan Shuffett in person and if after that you still have a negative opinion of him and consider him a snake oil salesman then I won't argue with you about it. But I think you're intelligent enough to see the benefit when presented with it by someone who really knows what they are doing. And if not well at I paid for the snake-oil.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gee just today I had a conversation with a former poster who got run off by the trolls. Guy is a fantastic human and great player who has invented a great set of training tools. Nicest guy in the world and the trolls here just ran him off.

And you wonder why more people don't post....

OK John, I'll give you acknowledging a "great player", and your assessment of "human nature"! But I cannot give you a free pass on your very questionable judgement of "great training tools"! ..When it comes to that, I'm afraid I will have to go with the average troll! :sorry: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
OK John, I'll give you acknowledging a "great player", and your assessment of "human nature"! But I cannot give you a free pass on your very questionable judgement of "great training tools"! ..When it comes to that, I'm afraid I will have to go with the average troll! :sorry: :rolleyes:

Just because you think that the only way get good is to hit a million balls and gamble because that's how it was done back in your day doesn't mean that that's the only way to get good now.

Pool has advanced quite a bit from what it was back in your day. Pool knowledge and the teaching of pool is much farther along than it was back then.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just because you think that the only way to get good is to hit a million balls and gamble because that's how it was done back in your day doesn't mean that that's the only way to get good now.

Pool has advanced quite a bit from what it was back in your day. Pool knowledge and the teaching of pool is much farther along than it was back then.

I never said it was the 'only' way, simply that it will always be the best way! :thumbup2:..The only thing different about today, is the internet....So we now have a lot of guys chiming in, who can't even spell 'p-o-o-l', yet insist they know what they're talking about! :eek: (BTW, most don't)

Last edited:

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think for most members, this forum just runs it's course, Leaving is just part of the course.

As forums go, I think this one is a good one. Forums are not defined by members but instead by it's moderators. By setting standards for language, topic, and content, the forum is kept at a (more or less) respectful level.

Even while being strongly opposed, I personally, have been treated well here.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think for most members, this forum just runs it's course, Leaving is just part of the course.

As forums go, I think this one is a good one. Forums are not defined by members but instead by it's moderators. By setting standards for language, topic, and content, the forum is kept at a (more or less) respectful level.

Even while being strongly opposed, I personally, have been treated well here.

I agree Paul..There will always be a few of us, who like to jangle with each other, but for the most part it is kept fairly civil!(except for Barton :wink:)..Actually, thats what keeps this forum more interesting..It would be pretty boring, if everybody saw eye to eye on every subject! :thumbup: