Songs that get played over and over at your pool hall

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have a TouchTunes jukebox so anyone with money on their phone can play pretty much whatever.

From the Beginning - Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

Lots of Van Morrison.

Usually I'll load up the juke with Pink Floyd.

Then the younger kids will throw on garbage then I'll pay extra money to skip their music haha.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only play once a week, on Sundays, and the music is streamed from somewhere by the guy behind the bar. He has a habit of streaming rap crap and the auto-tune BS that you hear all day on MTV and it drives me crazy. I attempt to drown it out sometimes by putting on my .mp3 headphones, but sometimes he has it so loud I can still hear it.

Unfortunately, my Sony headphones battery won't hold its charge for very long now and it looks like I'll have to buy something new. The batteries are internal and I don't think there is a way to take it apart and change the battery, assuming that you could find a battery once you got it apart. It is quite a few years old and I've gotten my money's worth out of it. It used to hold a charge for about 10 hours, but now I don't think it will do more than an hours or so.

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of the crap they play, at least in the room where the 8 foot tables are, is just a bunch of loud noise with some jack ass screaming.

Every now and then, early on a Sat or Sun when it's not crowded, there will be some actual music played.

We have the ability to turn off this sorry excuse for music in the 9 foot room, and do so most of the time. If we didn't have that ability, God made earplugs and I can get plenty at work, or just plug in my ear buds.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One I would like to watch being played at a big tournament....

Chuck Berry's My Ding a Ling

Didn't show up on a search on a couple juke boxes. I wouldn't play it unless I could do this remotely.

I imagine the entire room stopping play to sing a long.

Awizzzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My pool hall starts out with classic rock, and very nice selections I might add.. As the night progresses, it turns into the new crowd and plays that mummble rap sh** and I would love to just end it all at that point. To rub salt in an already fresh wound, they pay oodles of money to run 10 - 15+ songs each time they go up to the jukebox.

Needless to say, they need to shake up the night crowd music where i shoot stick.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D:D

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played too much? George T. and the Delaware Destroyers, "Bad to the Bone." This may bring an argument, it's popular and it was about Pool, rock on.

What should play?

Frank Zappa, "The Torture Never Stops."

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have a TouchTunes jukebox so anyone with money on their phone can play pretty much whatever.

Then the younger kids will throw on garbage then I'll pay extra money to skip their music haha.

Is this a real thing? If so, awesome, although it is an idea I had 20 years ago.

Back in 1995, when I first started going to a pool hall (and couldn't hit the end rail), it had a juke box. Inevitably, someone would play Coolio's Gangster's Paradise about 10 times a night (okay, maybe 5). It was at that point that I thought they should invent the "unjukebox", where you could pay a certain amount to block a song from getting played.

I now have a pair of Jaybird X2 wireless headphones, and I highly recommend headphones. They not only allow you to pick your own music, but also have the benefit of filtering out all the inane conversation on nearby tables (or from chatty opponents) that can distract the hell out of me.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Is this a real thing? If so, awesome, although it is an idea I had 20 years ago.

Back in 1995, when I first started going to a pool hall (and couldn't hit the end rail), it had a juke box. Inevitably, someone would play Coolio's Gangster's Paradise about 10 times a night (okay, maybe 5). It was at that point that I thought they should invent the "unjukebox", where you could pay a certain amount to block a song from getting played.

I now have a pair of Jaybird X2 wireless headphones, and I highly recommend headphones. They not only allow you to pick your own music, but also have the benefit of filtering out all the inane conversation on nearby tables (or from chatty opponents) that can distract the hell out of me.

X2's are great ......Light, great sound, and great noise canceling.:thumbup:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I Wanna Be a Rock Star - Nickle Back
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down

...and every week some jackass plays "My Heart Will Go On" (from Titanic) - Celine Dion

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I wonder why it's necessary to have any music at all?

Bingo! I hate loud jukes...but they come with the bars, I suppose. One reason I love going to the Cue Ball, Salem, Oregon. The usual music is a classic Rock Station on a stereo controlled at the counter...at low volume. I also like that all the pool tables are 9' anniversary or century Brunswicks....