How much more accurate are the REVO shafts?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
But wouldn't you have to compensate less with a lower deflection shaft?

So yeah, I think it does matter.

Ah, but lower deflection can give you a massé problem.
First time I tried a Z shaft....I tried a slow inside english half ball cut from five diamonds
away....I hit the wrong side of the ball...:eek:

So, as usual, a happy mean has to be established...not too much deflection....
...or its opposite....

I found the Z shaft to suit me at snooker....I like it far better than a traditional British cue.

If a cue isn't user friendly, why have it?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Where did I say it would make you play better? You say there is no such thing as deflection when it's been proven. Saying it doesn't exist is like saying the earth is flat. Your ignorant to proven science lol ignorance is bliss.

Where did I EVER say there is no such thing as deflection???? How dumb are you?

And by saying the shaft is more accurate implies that it would make you play better, but its already been shown you are not very smart.
Jason

Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:rotflmao::rotflmao1::lol

So if you hit the cue ball in the center on every shot, which shaft is more accurate?

Which deflects more?

:help:

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These topics are so monotonous, all the people that like the revo shafts like them and advocate them, and those who like their spliced wood shafts like them, and the people who like their solid maple shafts like them.

Any statistics about one or the other are irrelevant because everyone plays this game differently than one another. There's no point in arguing, if you play better with something, use it.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah, but lower deflection can give you a massé problem.

That's not the case, as I understand it.

The cue hits that ball for the same split second it takes to get it moving just fine.

I find masse shots to be a lot easier with the Revo than any other shaft plus they are much more aggressive with less force from me.

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its not the arrow its

Attachments

• th.jpg robin.jpg
    th.jpg robin.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 362

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I play with a solid hard maple shaft. I went the LD route and went back to maple for good. Why complicate a complicated game? I am not being smart when I say I calculate the thinness of a cut with my eyes, not my shaft and I don't see where english has anything to do with it. I use the english to get to where I want to go. I look for the spot on the object ball that is furthest from the pocket. If I consider deflection it is done unconsciously through hitting a million balls.

what? Compensating for less deflection is making the game MORE complicated?

I use LD and don't consider deflection on MOST shots. Unless there is distance involved or shooting hard. Thus, there is less chance of "user error" as if I have to compensate for less shots, I'm bound not to make the wrong adjustment. I don't have time to hit a million balls. Sorry, not playing for a living, playing for the fun and competition.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I use LD and don't consider deflection on MOST shots. Unless there is distance involved or shooting hard. Thus, there is less chance of "user error" as if I have to compensate for less shots, I'm bound not to make the wrong adjustment. I don't have time to hit a million balls. Sorry, not playing for a living, playing for the fun and competition.

Yes. You have been playing long enough, I would guess, that any compensation you might adjust for is unconscious. If it is conscious, while you are over the ball, then you are making it more complicated than it has to be. Hitting a million balls is a euphemism. Maybe you've only hit 750,000 in your pool lifetime.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
That's not the case, as I understand it.

The cue hits that ball for the same split second it takes to get it moving just fine.

I find masse shots to be a lot easier with the Revo than any other shaft plus they are much more aggressive with less force from me.

I'm using the term "massé" not in the traditional way, but what LD does for me with a level cue.
...so to hit a long shot with slow inside english, I have to aim to miss it altogether.
...I find that hard on my head....like being air-hooked.

I feel like I'm in pretty good company here.....Efren took one shot with an LD...
...and handed the cue back...said.."I don't like where the cue ball goes."
Alex has done all his winning with an LD....so experiences vary.

USER FRIENDLY is a subjective term.

cluelesscuer

For me, just the slickness of the Revo is enough for a purchase. I hate when it gets humid and my shooting goes down the drain. And the wax, sealer, q-pads, polisher, etc. --- now all thrown out.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Yes. You have been playing long enough, I would guess, that any compensation you might adjust for is unconscious. If it is conscious, while you are over the ball, then you are making it more complicated than it has to be. Hitting a million balls is a euphemism. Maybe you've only hit 750,000 in your pool lifetime.

Nope, nothing unconscious. I'm a very mechanical player. I know what shots I need to adjust a tad, or ones to adjust a little more than a tad, and which ones need no adjustment.

Example. CB is only 2 diamonds or so from OB, 1/2 ball off the rail.
And I'm hitting medium or less speed, I don't need to adjust a thing. If I need to hit harder because I have to go 2 or 3 rails, then I have to adjust ever so slighting so as not to either hit the rail.

So, sorry, I and many others like not adjusting on at least half of the shots I take. When a moderate complex shot or difficult shot comes up, now I have to "think" about it.

And others that have mastered the non LD shaft and can adjust at will while thinking or not thinking about it, then great for them. I don't dislike them for it. I don't dislike their equipment choice.

Here's a hint, but it's a great pool secret, so keep it "hush hush". Not everyone is the same, not everyone thinks the same, and not everyone learns the same nor shoots the same. So, folks need to use what works for them. yes, it's obvious, but also ignored a lot. That's why I teach based on what the student needs, not what I think they want.

Cocoa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:shakehead:

:bash:

:eek:uttahere:

If you hit the cueball in the center, there is no deflection....:indecisive:

Take ANY shaft and add a 1 ounce of steel or better carbide to the tip end. Hit some balls, then come back and tell me there is no deflection on a center ball hit.

I'm sure others here have tested shafts made this way.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nope, nothing unconscious. I'm a very mechanical player. I know what shots I need to adjust a tad, or ones to adjust a little more than a tad, and which ones need no adjustment.

Example. CB is only 2 diamonds or so from OB, 1/2 ball off the rail.
And I'm hitting medium or less speed, I don't need to adjust a thing. If I need to hit harder because I have to go 2 or 3 rails, then I have to adjust ever so slighting so as not to either hit the rail.

So, sorry, I and many others like not adjusting on at least half of the shots I take. When a moderate complex shot or difficult shot comes up, now I have to "think" about it.

And others that have mastered the non LD shaft and can adjust at will while thinking or not thinking about it, then great for them. I don't dislike them for it. I don't dislike their equipment choice. After all, isn't that what the thread is about.

Here's a hint, but it's a great pool secret, so keep it "hush hush". Not everyone is the same, not everyone thinks the same, and not everyone learns the same nor shoots the same. So, folks need to use what works for them. yes, it's obvious, but also ignored a lot. That's why I teach based on what the student needs, not what I think they want.

Yup. Not everyone is the same. That's why I stick with maple shafts. Never saw what was so great about LD. Buy a Revo for $500. Enjoy yourself. It will probably make the shot for you. After all, isn't that what the thread is about. With the Revo your aim is better.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

I never consider deflection EVER! Guess its from HAMB, people with less time on the table might have to and I can see where LD would be helpful.

Now considet this - does my maple shaft deflect the exact same amount everytime on the same amount of englush and bridge? I would say yes, or we would be missing balls all the time. How much more accurate can it be?
Jason

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I never consider deflection EVER! Guess its from HAMB, people with less time on the table might have to and I can see where LD would be helpful.

Now considet this - does my maple shaft deflect the exact same amount everytime on the same amount of englush and bridge? I would say yes, or we would be missing balls all the time. How much more accurate can it be?
Jason

Exactly my point. If you consider deflection, you are probably doing it unconsciously. That aside. Where you been?