How much more accurate are the REVO shafts?

berko

Aggressively passive
Silver Member
Never having used the revo shaft, I am open to the possibility that it represents a quantum improvement, like oversized graphite raquettes in tennis or metal woods in golf. I cant remember what the marketing was for these innovations, but i think it was along the lines of 'makes the game easier by enlarging the sweet spot."

I dont doubt that the revo shaft might actually make it easier to deliver a better hit on the cb, but the problem is that when you attach meaningless data to the thing, (like 10% more accurate), it invites skepticism and ridicule.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I do know of some VERY TOP players who are NOT part of TEAM PREDATOR who have shown extreme interest in REVO shafts.

In addition to that, I have a some experience with LD shafts and have bought, tested and even designed some, so I can say without hesitation that the REVO shafts are something special.

As to how they came to their stats, I haven't a clue.

However, when TOP PLAYERS who aren't obligated to Predator give REVO the "nod", I take notice.

JoeyA

How many of those Pros are part of Team Predator either straight up on contract or via the payola type perks of Influence Marketing? Then there's the goal of marketing. I'm not saying this is a case of the Emporer's New Clothes, but who isn't looking for an edge? Predator has the budget & the expertise to reach player's and flex their cred. Those of the means are usually willing to spend to get an edge, even if they only believe half of a products claim.

Now to their credit, Predator has brought the cuestick from the dark ages and feature cues that are on par (bad pun) with the equivalent technology that's advanced the performance of today's golf clubs. It seems to me every other cuestick manufacturer out there is chasing Predator's advances. So for those out there who are old enough to remember, Predator is like E.F. Hutton, when they talk, people listen. That being said, I still would like to read the methodology behind the percentage claims. -Z-

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
I do know of some VERY TOP players who are NOT part of TEAM PREDATOR who have shown extreme interest in REVO shafts.

In addition to that, I have a some experience with LD shafts and have bought, tested and even designed some, so I can say without hesitation that the REVO shafts are something special.

As to how they came to their stats, I haven't a clue.

However, when TOP PLAYERS who aren't obligated to Predator give REVO the "nod", I take notice.
JoeyA

That's cool, fair enough. I've no doubt these shaft are awesome. I'm just calling a little BS on the poorly defined, % claim. -Z-

JoeyA

Silver Member
maybe "more accurate" to say:

deviates 5-10% less from the aiming line as compared to the other shaft, (whether the aiming line was correct or not.)....

I get what you are saying.

Do you think the general population will understand your statement better?

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
How much "more accurate" was the ld shaft that busted-up John Schmidt's game?

Not sure what you are trying to say but I've spent multiple days taking pool lessons with John Schmidt and when he won the U.S. Open 9 Ball Championship, he was playing with a solid maple shaft (which I also shot with) made by bobby Hunter and the last few inches of the shaft had a straight taper with a diameter of 12.0mm, essentially made it an LD shaft. Somewhere I have the entire dimensions of Schmitty's U.S. Open 9 Ball Championship cue. That cue is in someone's private collection now.

FTR, LD doesn't mean laminated but I'm sure you know that already.
JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
I will make you 4... maybe 5 hard maple shafts for the price of one of those

Kim

I've been to your Facebook page and you make some attractive cues for sure. I don't know how your shafts play but it looks like you know what you're doing. :)

JoeyA

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me: "So, Ray, what's your opinion about low deflection shafts?"

Ray Martin: "They all have some deflection, so you’re always going to have to compensate. So it doesn’t matter."

Lou Figueroa

JoeyA

Silver Member
I am holding out for a REVO SHAFT/cue. I would prefer a different pin since none of the cue butts that I own have a Uni-loc quick release or radial pin.

I just recognize how well it plays. BTW, I like the smaller diameter REVO shaft. My DymondWood cues have even less cue ball deflection than the 12.9 mm REVO so I have no reason to change to that.

Perhaps in the future I will knuckle under and get the 12.4mm shaft, although I currently play with a 12.0. I've never compared the two REVO shaft together but I'm sure a 12.4mm will show up in my "home" pool room soon enough.
JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
Duhhh..........

JoeyA

Ray Martin: "They all have some deflection, so you’re always going to have to compensate. So it doesn’t matter."

Lou Figueroa

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

But wouldn't you have to compensate less with a lower deflection shaft?

So yeah, I think it does matter.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Daniel Bush asked Bustamante how he compensates for deflection.
Busti had no clue what he was asking. :D

Predator REVO shafts are on average 5-10% more accurate than Predator’s third-generation shafts, depending on the velocity of the cue ball, distance to the object ball, and amount of spin used.

JoeyA

I would just work on your mechanics or fundamentals of the game. This will improve your game much more than relying on a cue's shaft deflection. Learn how to play with natural angles and speed.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Yup.

And if you are really good, you have no idea you are doing it, you just do it.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ignorance is believing a shaft is gonna make you play better/more accurate

Enjoy stupidity
Jason

Where did I say it would make you play better? You say there is no such thing as deflection when it's been proven. Saying it doesn't exist is like saying the earth is flat. Your ignorant to proven science lol ignorance is bliss.

PoppaSaun

Banned
I get what you are saying.

Do you think the general population will understand your statement better?

JoeyA

The problem is that companies make stupid claims. All predumbtor has to do is define how they are (or think they are) using the term.

This thread is indicative of how idiotic the general public is about critical thinking. People who question what a term means and point out that they are not backing anything they say with any sort of usable information are derided by the people who believe unsubstantiated claims.

False and unsubstantiated claims devalue real and accurate information. Mezz, Meucci, Predator and every other company that claims things that are able to be proven false (i.e. 'shaft accuracy' or the benefits of the wavy joint) fill the heads of dumb people, making it impossible for them to make informed decisions.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Predator Revo shaft for $500? Are you nuts? Predator is not a pool company anymore. They are a pool marketing company that directs their marketing towards the ignorance of the pool playing market. Do you really think the Revo shaft will make you play $500 better than playing with a house cue? Please. It's working on your game that makes you play better.

I used to play golf and the same guys that would buy a new driver every year would still slice 50 yards off the tee. I know some guys that own the most beautiful hand made cue sticks you can buy and miss by half a diamond. Sorry but JMHO.