Tony Vs Dennis Chit Chat Thread

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, you were very specific about all that.

Besides, I have quite a bit of background in broadcasting and worked for several years before the cameras and microphones. Used to actually teach CEOs about that in fact :)

Lou Figueroa

There is a difference between talking on the camera in your Baghdad Bob role and commentating a pool match.

What channel were you on. PBS? CBS? Or just BS?

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Fact is Jay has forgot more than his haters have ever known, and who have done zero for pool , Jays first class trying to figure out what eiather of those 2 players were doing was nearly impossible neither one of them play conventional one pocket by any stretch of the imagination

the game T-REX was playing is foreign to me:)

he just kept getting luckier and luckier

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Didn't Gary Player state "the more he practices, the luckier he gets" ? Have to admit, Tony got some great rolls on some risky shots. Perhaps it was more skilled knowledge than pure luck?

Lyn

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You know, actually, this match is going to be a great boon to 1pocket players everywhere. Given the shots TC shot in this match, guys new to the game are going to believe that's the right way to play.

Players across the country will be reaping the benefits from this match for years.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't Gary Player state "the more he practices, the luckier he gets" ? Have to admit, Tony got some great rolls on some risky shots. Perhaps it was more skilled kknowledge than pure luck?

Lyn

It didn't have to go the way it went.

In the long run (spelt: rematch) I think he's a dead duck. It's like the guy who runs 100 at 14.1 shooting banks and caroms and crazy shots. Yes, you can do it, but day-in-day out the guy shooting the "right way" will win out.

Lou Figueroa

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never had any problem at all with Jay's commentary. I think Jay is a good guy. I started out neutral in the match but as I watched Tony play, I starting rooting for him.

I did feel that Dennis was taking a long time to shoot and expressed my opinion regarding that fact.

Jay is a good friend of Dennis's and that's OK. Dennis is a great champion. Friends stick up for friends and that's fine with me.

I did rib Jay a little because I played him about twenty years ago in nine ball and he does shoot slow. Jay won and homey don't like that.

Lou on the other hand acts like he is the Chevalier of the pool hall and all I can say about that is; that years ago when he swaggered into Santa Monica House of Billiards not a wager was made and no good players were subjected to his considerable skills.

Some folks play to win, others play to bet, some play to lose but Lou didn't play at all in a room known as the one pocket capitol of the West side of Los Angeles.

Frankly the dog did not hunt.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
You know, actually, this match is going to be a great boon to 1pocket players everywhere. Given the shots TC shot in this match, guys new to the game are going to believe that's the right way to play.

Players across the country will be reaping the benefits from this match for years.

Lou Figueroa

T's style gave him a KO artist chance against D

any chance that D didn't mind being in the hole early on in order to stimulate more action which may of blown up in view of T playing at a whodathunkit level the last day

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
It didn't have to go the way it went.

In the long run (spelt: rematch) I think he's a dead duck. It's like the guy who runs 100 at 14.1 shooting banks and caroms and crazy shots. Yes, you can do it, but day-in-day out the guy shooting the "right way" will win out.

Lou Figueroa

You are absolutely correct in that assessment. Incidentally, in the middle of a 100 ball run, Irving Crane had a fit when I banked a ball against my opponent. I'd racked for him for years and he said I knew better. About the only shot I didn't see was a jump shot to a "hanging" ball. Tony did about everything else. Amazing exhibition!

Lyn

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
T's style gave him a KO artist chance against D

any chance that D didn't mind being in the hole early on in order to stimulate more action which may of blown up in view of T playing at a whodathunkit level the last day

It takes tremendous skill to fire at the shots TC does.

But he just has to be off *a hair* and it's a bad day at the pool hall.

Personally, I think if you're going to back him for big money, you need to have defibulator paddles within arm's reach.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are absolutely correct in that assessment. Incidentally, in the middle of a 100 ball run, Irving Crane had a fit when I banked a ball against my opponent. I'd racked for him for years and he said I knew better. About the only shot I didn't see was a jump shot to a "hanging" ball. Tony did about everything else. Amazing exhibition!

Lyn

Yes. An incredible show we were all lucky to see... except Dennis.

Lou Figueroa

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou on the other hand acts like he is the Chevalier of the pool hall and all I can say about that is; that years ago when he swaggered into Santa Monica House of Billiards not a wager was made and no good players were subjected to his considerable skills.
Some folks play to win, others play to bet, some play to lose but Lou didn't play at all in a room known as the one pocket capitol of the West side of Los Angeles.
Frankly the dog did not hunt.
I've heard people say that when you merely walked into that Santa Monica pool room you were making a bad wager.
Keep on truckin'. :thumbup:

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard people say that when you merely walked into that Santa Monica pool room you were making a bad wager.
Keep on truckin'. :thumbup:

Wtf?? As of yesterday till this very minute, i was told Dennis won.

I'm glad Tony won. That guy plays real good. Real good.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Disclainer> Drunk post

As to commentary..........................I had mine turned iff ibkly becuse I wsas not aware Jay was on............No big....I loved the Monday nig FB back with Dandy Don. Al comenttartors have their oen sty.e some Playu better with a partner. That takes chemistry...........Got to wonder.......Any time a weaker player played welll to beat me, my joke was........I want a piss test.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Oooooooops

As to commentary..........................I had mine turned iff ibkly becuse I wsas not aware Jay was on............No big....I loved the Monday nig FB back with Dandy Don. Al comenttartors have their oen sty.e some Playu better with a partner. That takes chemistry...........Got to wonder.......Any time a weaker player played welll to beat me, my joke was........I want a piss test.

Shoot,,,,,,,,,, it was Steroid Test.....my bad.:confused: