Mosconi Cup is a joke

Hobo

Banned
The Mosconi Cup should be called the Macaroni cup...call me when we have an actual world cup with USA versus ENG and PHI versus CHA etc...USA versus EUROPE lol...that's a country versus a continent. Also, it should be rebranded the World cup of pool. The Mosconi Cup should be a separate event for individual players...and it should probably be a straight pool tournament to keep it in the spirit of Mosconi.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Mosconi Cup should be called the Macaroni cup...call me when we have an actual world cup with USA versus ENG and PHI versus CHA etc...USA versus EUROPE lol...that's a country versus a continent. Also, it should be rebranded the World cup of pool. The Mosconi Cup should be a separate event for individual players...and it should probably be a straight pool tournament to keep it in the spirit of Mosconi.
Let the good times TROLL.

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah! We have a mainstream televised pool event that people actually watch. Let's change that so people can say it's boring again! Or make straight pool races to 15, so it will be completely pointless!

Hobo

Banned
Yeah! We have a mainstream televised pool event that people actually watch. Let's change that so people can say it's boring again! Or make straight pool races to 15, so it will be completely pointless!

That's not what I said...it can still be 9 ball. Just call it the World cup of pool..and make it an actual world cup...not USA versus the world lol. The Mosconi cup should be a separate straight pool event.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let the good times TROLL.

Lol. I do understand the frustration from him though. The one thing about the Mosconi cup that cannot be argued..... It is VERY exciting to watch. The spectators are not just sitting there in a stupor like in some of the American matches. The Europeans can be very obnoxious, but they are all drinking pretty heavily! Lol! Although the Americans did show more spirit last year (2017). Excellent production from Matchroom.

Another plus....
No complaints about racking! I'm really getting sick of all the petty arguments that happen in some matches. Everyone at the Mosconi tends to behave themselves. Except for Earl that is! Lol. I did find it unsportsmanlike when Dennis Hatch refused to shake hands when he lost that one singles match. Other then that, the players were well behaved......or PROFESSIONAL would be the word.

Hobo

Banned

Also, the players jumping around ass grabbing and fist pumping like they have never made a ball in their lives does not make it exciting...nor do the crowds acting up during the matches...it's a circus in its present form.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not what I said...it can still be 9 ball. Just call it the World cup of pool..and make it an actual world cup...not USA versus the world lol. The Mosconi cup should be a separate straight pool event.

You mean like the actual World Cup of Pool which already exists (and has been won by the US team once or twice too)?

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, the players jumping around ass grabbing and fist pumping like they have never made a ball in their lives does not make it exciting...nor do the crowds acting up during the matches...it's a circus in its present form.

It's the adrenaline. It's the highest pressure pool players will experience. That's what some people if not most people want to see. If the Europeans want to hug and touch each other's butts, so be it. I always thought they were gay anyway!

A joke.... I've never given a damn about being politically correct.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't have Countries playing Continents...and Mosconi was a straight pool player.

And it wouldn't be fair to play the US against just England either. And it was approved to use the Mosconi name by his widow. I think she has more say in the matter then you do.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Did you have the same feelings about it when the USA was on the winning side for years?

Hobo

Banned
Did you have the same feelings about it when the USA was on the winning side for years?

I don't care who wins...but the Europeans should be embarrassed about winning it when they pick their team from the whole of Europe.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't care who wins...but what about China? Taiwan? The Philippines?

And what is up with Coke? Why cherry and vanilla only?

What the faaak is wrong with blueberry and orange and kiwi and pineapple and just damn apple and peach and grape and raisin?

Did you read the replies? The world cup of pool was already presented to you as a worldly event.

The Mosconi Cup is an invitational event between the US and Europe.
The Mosconi Cup is an invitational event between the US and Europe
The Mosconi Cup is an invitational event between the US and Europe.
The Mosconi Cup is an invitational event between the US and Europe

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
I don't care who wins...but the Europeans should be embarrassed about winning it when they pick their team from the whole of Europe.

In terms of land mass, the United States and Europe are similar in size—the United States is 9,833,000 square kilometers while Europe is 10,180,000 square kilometers. Granted Europe has a higher population but comparing the size difference between the two is a ignorant argument.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
Its similar to the Ryder Cup in golf that pits the US vs Europe. I like it and I like to see them all play with emotion and fire. I say if you dont like it dont watch it.

Hobo

Banned
In terms of land mass, the United States and Europe are similar in size—the United States is 9,833,000 square kilometers while Europe is 10,180,000 square kilometers. Granted Europe has a higher population but comparing the size difference between the two is a ignorant argument.

You are the one comparing size differences...I never mentioned anything about land mass. If we are going by land mass then Antartica should have one of the best teams on the planet. We are talking per capita obviously...and actually just countries versus countries...what are you going to do...take a pool player per capita?

The world cup of soccer has yep...countries versus countries...they don't say awww...England can't beat Brasil so let's make a team Europe.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Pretty easy solution really, open up North America to team USA. The population of Canada and USA is about that of Europe, still might be tad light, but we won't complain.

Alex, you got any plans in December :)

Hobo

Banned
Pretty easy solution really, open up North America to team USA. The population of Canada and USA is about that of Europe, still might be tad light, but we won't complain.

Alex, you got any plans in December :)

That is the other option...if you want to make it a continental tournament.