Any of my Tip Hat peeps on here ?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious. Played this dude from there twice now. From multiple trusted people I'm told that a fair game between us is me getting with the free or maybe call 8. We've played twice and have another date scheduled for more acrion. He HAS NO HEART and even after everyone telling him he supposed to spot me the 8 he will only play even 9 ball, and won't even consider one hole even though I told him one hole is basically all I play nowadays.

First time we played I actually won like 2 or 3 hundred lol. He only wanted to play races to 5 for $25 lolololol. I of course told him NO WAY. I suggest we play $100 a game ( because I got heart and plenty of gamble ). Best I could get him to do was race to 5 for $100. Anyway we played again tonight. Even of course. I suggested $500 sets. I really did not want to play as I had been out all night partying and really didn't want to play but I would for $500 ( I'm sure SOME OF YALL FEEL ME LOL ). ANYWAY I lost $1100 tonight. Pretty F'in stupid for a couple reasons. I had no business playing ANYONE tonight but I said what I said and he accepted so I really didn't have a choice but to play as I'm definitely not a NIT and if you ever here me say anything I ALWAYS back it up period.

The first thing that was stupid was when he accepted the $500 / set I went outside to smoke and when I came in he wanted to down bet it to $400 and told me that's all he had on him. I said no way man, $500 or nothing. Well, he was able to borrow the extra honey ( of course cause everyone in there knows he's stealing lol ). So, he was honest what he had on him ( truth is he owns his own business and has PLENTY of money whether or not he has it on him - so much to the point everyone including my trusted friends told me bet whatever and I didn't even have to worry about posting as he has perfect street credit for any amount. I didn't post the first time we played cause it was a small amount and in fact he ended up having to leave and get cash and come back which I wasn't super happy about but I know even I don't walk around wig thousands all the time so I get it and he came right back with a pile of cash in like 15 Mins so all good. I did post the 500 tonight though.

So, the second stupid thing I did was play a second set ( knowing the most I could probably win - mostly because of time and what time the room closes - was 500. Well....what the hell, who only wants to play one set right. I also covered all the rail bets whatever anyone wanted to do and that came to only $200, NITS!!!!! LOL, Jus saying, a guy everyone knows is stealing and a total of $200 rail bets between 2 sets lololol.

So, the point of this post is we made a date to play again but this time I'm gonna be a little smarter about it and I HOPE HE READS THIS!!!! I told him the next time we play which will be shortly I will take the free 8 AND the breaks race to 3 or 5 for $2000. ( I can't stand and won't do long races no matter the bet. Really, I can't understand why when the bet goes up why the race has to too???? How does that make sense? Seriously can anyone explain that to me? If your racing to 5 for 100 why should the race go to 7,9, 11, or 13 just because the bet is a couple stacks ??? Anyway, I told him we can do that OR the same as tonight race to 4 for $500 - post or at least promise a couple sets either way.

So I have question after all of this ( if you've read this far lol - and boy I HOPE YOU READ THIS ANDROID GET SOME HEART ANDROID GIVE ME A FAIR MATCH FOR THEORY 2 STACKS I REALLY DO. ALSO, AS I TEXTED YOU I WILL COVER UP TO $5000 A SET THAT WAY. ) Anyway, if someone doesn't break that good ( as in at least 50 % don't even make a ball and the other 48 % scratch if I do happen to make a ball lol NOT KIDDING - I SUCK BAD!!! LOL. This guy is insisting playing rack your own now, I don't know I he " knows how to rack " but I'm not worried about him breaking and running out at all nor is he worried about me doing it but he made a couple 9 balls once we started that last time so I said no 9 balls count if we play rack your own and he was OK with that. Kinda funny, last time it was hill hill and he was breaking and snapped the 9 ball in for the set! Well not so much lol. I forgot and so did he about the rule of no 9'sleep count and I started to go to the bathroom and remembered and while he was celebrating I reminded him of the rule lol. It got spotted up and he made a couple balls and missed , I ran out the rest of the for the set!!!! Wooohooo, can anyone say KARMA. MY question is with the break being basically a non factor for either of us except once in great while what do Yale think about the rack you own but no 9 on the break? I know you could do no 2 bottom corners..... but one the rare occasion I do make a 9 on the break that usually where it goes. So.... I just texted him and gave him the option between the two games I listed above but said I was not OK with the racking / breaking arrangements we have been doing. For the record, we started out lose racks. Well when he was breaking it was about as bad as mine. He felt I was not racking good for him. He wanted to change it to RYO mid set and I said no way, but feel free to check every rack and if you're not happy I will gladly rerack till you are and that's what we did. He did have me rerack a couple racks but he broke NO DIFFERENTLY ONCE we were playing rack your own lol. I actually think he was breaking better when I racked lol, not kidding. Anyway I suggested if he absolutely wanted to play rack you own that's would be OK BUT 9's would still not count for him but for me they would - in any pocket. Like I said, I rarely make the 9 regardless of who racks but I'm not sure but he may know how " to rack " cause he did make 2 or 3 over two sets so that's my concern. What do yall think about this situation ? I think that's more then fair what I suggested ( especially if we play the even game where I'm apparently a heavy dog - right )? If he doesn't agree we just won't play and that's fine with me, he can win more from me then most others in there strictly cause I got gamble and apparently he does not give ANY weight to people that play under him so he just don't get played by those. Not only that but he only plays $ 25 sets with pretty much everyone else
September regardless of how they play. ( he must LOVE THE GAME WITH ME TO BET THAT $500 LOL LOL ) And that's OK with me, I knew what the match up was supposed to be before I even talked to him the first time. I think if I'm getting up and playing a game I'm not supposed to win, the least he can do is agree to my racking suggestions . ONCE AGAIN BROTHER , I HOPE YOUR READING THIS CAUSE ID LIKE TO OLAY YOU BUT I AINT GONNA JUST PULL MY KNOT OUT AND HAND IT TO YOU SO SHOP AT LEAST A LITTLE HEART!!!!! JUS SAYING!!!!

Anyway ok, I'm ready for you guys to tell me how stupid I am for all the above mentioned things. That's fine, it's not as if I didn't know going in but I got gamble, DO YOU???? Keep in mind this guy maybe doesn't play for decent money often but HE GOT IT and apparently he loves my action lol so it's not really him throwing a toorhpick at a lumberyard scenario. If it were I would have played him at all of course. HINT HINT, IF WE PLAY THIS MATCH SIR AND YOU DON AT LEAST LOSE TO ME WHAT I JUST LOST, WELL DON WORRY ABOUT US PLAYING NO MO K? I guess what I'm really asking Is about the breaking thing. Do yall agree with me? Anyone have a better solution to this? Oh by the way; just so yall know what kinda guy this is, initially tonight I did tell him I wast even looking to play tonight but I would play some one hole but no 9 ball. Yes, eventually I caved yes but that's not the point. He's up at this pool hall pretty much every day and plays on ALL THE tables. I only go there every couple months and always play on the same table. I know it rolls true, the pockets are standard 4.5 ( many of the other tables are gaff and yall that go there know exactly what I'm talking about ) so I know this one table and this table only. Well when I finally did agree to play a set of 9 ball tonight he refused to play on this table - the same one we played on last time lol. I said that's the only table....... he still said no way so I said f'it . So he pulls out a quarter and said we could flip for choice of table lol. I said no thanks but since you got the quarter out let's just flip it for the $500. And I even told him he could flip it ! Well I think we all no that would not happen in a million years.... probably not even for 5 bucks lol but hey worth a try - save on table time. Oh yeah , one more thing- after beating me out of 900 he was nice enough to come over and say don't worry about the time - he's got it lololol. Even the Houseman made a comment about rat like WTF???? That's nice of him lol. It was like 15 bucks.

Thanks for reading this far if you made it, sorry for the rant. But I gotta rant on this guy- AND MORE SO I HOPE YOU READ THIS AND CALL ME WHEN I TOLD YOU TOO AND YOU BRING A LOT OF MONEY AND IF YOU CAN FIND IT...... YOUR HEART TOO!!!!!

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got a funny idear. Whos up for some laughs ? I think I can get them to stream the match lol. Anyone interested in watching a SOLID C player with the occasional flash of a B speed? Or watching a $25 a set champion beat the balls a diamond off from the pocket for a couple stacks maybe ? Good times lololol. Oh yeah, of course NOBODY is gonna pay to see this shit show so it would be free!!!! Actually this may not be a great idear as I don't think it would be wise to show all my AZ'ers my true speed lol. Black Ball, come on up tonight and have some fun. Ive got my driver so no worries about driving ( we can run you home whenever or you can come stay at the hotel with us if u a want but I'll show you a real good time. Give me a call after 3 or 4 - I gotta get at least a little sleep - anyway let me know brother. If Jason is in town you can invite him too, the hell with it - even though he won't come if you and I are out together lolololol!)

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only read about two sentences. Once i saw it was another whiny gambling thread i bailed.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only read about two sentences. Once i saw it was another whiny gambling thread i bailed.

I don't blame you , but there actually is a couple questions in there. I'll make it shorter for you - if you are playing in a game for a little bit of cheese ( say race to 3 or 5 for at least $2000 ) and the guy wants to play RYO and he starts making 9'sure on the break so I say no 9'such on the break count and he agrees but I want my 9'son to count ( I might make the 9 once every 30 racks is that an unreasonable request? Also, too bad you're in OK. Otherwise you could come on up and get in on this acrion. ( not with me but bet against me on the rail - cause those guys up there sure don't have any heart so it would be nice to have at least 2 of us there with some heart)

Last edited:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Btw, I totally get what you're saying about " whiny gambling threads " BUT I really don't ever put them up and I'd like to believe while it is long it's better then most??? All good. Truth is, what's left to talk about? More chalk, tip, shafts threads???

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't blame you , but there actually is a couple questions in there. I'll make it shorter for you - if you are playing in a game for a little bit of cheese ( say race to 3 or 5 for at least $2000 ) and the guy wants to play RYO and he starts making 9'sure on the break so I say no 9'such on the break count and he agrees but I want my 9'son to count ( I might make the 9 once every 30 racks is that an unreasonable request? Also, too bad you're in OK. Otherwise you could come on up and get in on this acrion. ( not with me but bet against me on the rail - cause those guys up there sure don't have any heart so it would be nice to have at least 2 of us there with some heart)
If you're playing races to 3-5 for 2DIMES either, A. you've got the nuts, B.You're REALLY rich or C. The other guy is stealing. Been playing almost 40yrs. and have never seen such a short set for that kind of $$$.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Just curious. Played this dude from there twice now. From multiple trusted people I'm told that a fair game between us is me getting with the free or maybe call 8. We've played twice and have another date scheduled for more acrion. He HAS NO HEART and even after everyone telling him he supposed to spot me the 8 he will only play even 9 ball, and won't even consider one hole even though I told him one hole is basically all I play nowadays.

First time we played I actually won like 2 or 3 hundred lol. He only wanted to play races to 5 for $25 lolololol. I of course told him NO WAY. I suggest we play $100 a game ( because I got heart and plenty of gamble ). Best I could get him to do was race to 5 for $100. Anyway we played again tonight. Even of course. I suggested $500 sets. I really did not want to play as I had been out all night partying and really didn't want to play but I would for $500 ( I'm sure SOME OF YALL FEEL ME LOL ). ANYWAY I lost $1100 tonight. Pretty F'in stupid for a couple reasons. I had no business playing ANYONE tonight but I said what I said and he accepted so I really didn't have a choice but to play as I'm definitely not a NIT and if you ever here me say anything I ALWAYS back it up period.

The first thing that was stupid was when he accepted the $500 / set I went outside to smoke and when I came in he wanted to down bet it to $400 and told me that's all he had on him. I said no way man, $500 or nothing. Well, he was able to borrow the extra honey ( of course cause everyone in there knows he's stealing lol ). So, he was honest what he had on him ( truth is he owns his own business and has PLENTY of money whether or not he has it on him - so much to the point everyone including my trusted friends told me bet whatever and I didn't even have to worry about posting as he has perfect street credit for any amount. I didn't post the first time we played cause it was a small amount and in fact he ended up having to leave and get cash and come back which I wasn't super happy about but I know even I don't walk around wig thousands all the time so I get it and he came right back with a pile of cash in like 15 Mins so all good. I did post the 500 tonight though.

So, the second stupid thing I did was play a second set ( knowing the most I could probably win - mostly because of time and what time the room closes - was 500. Well....what the hell, who only wants to play one set right. I also covered all the rail bets whatever anyone wanted to do and that came to only $200, NITS!!!!! LOL, Jus saying, a guy everyone knows is stealing and a total of $200 rail bets between 2 sets lololol.

So, the point of this post is we made a date to play again but this time I'm gonna be a little smarter about it and I HOPE HE READS THIS!!!! I told him the next time we play which will be shortly I will take the free 8 AND the breaks race to 3 or 5 for $2000. ( I can't stand and won't do long races no matter the bet. Really, I can't understand why when the bet goes up why the race has to too???? How does that make sense? Seriously can anyone explain that to me? If your racing to 5 for 100 why should the race go to 7,9, 11, or 13 just because the bet is a couple stacks ??? Anyway, I told him we can do that OR the same as tonight race to 4 for $500 - post or at least promise a couple sets either way.

So I have question after all of this ( if you've read this far lol - and boy I HOPE YOU READ THIS ANDROID GET SOME HEART ANDROID GIVE ME A FAIR MATCH FOR THEORY 2 STACKS I REALLY DO. ALSO, AS I TEXTED YOU I WILL COVER UP TO $5000 A SET THAT WAY. ) Anyway, if someone doesn't break that good ( as in at least 50 % don't even make a ball and the other 48 % scratch if I do happen to make a ball lol NOT KIDDING - I SUCK BAD!!! LOL. This guy is insisting playing rack your own now, I don't know I he " knows how to rack " but I'm not worried about him breaking and running out at all nor is he worried about me doing it but he made a couple 9 balls once we started that last time so I said no 9 balls count if we play rack your own and he was OK with that. Kinda funny, last time it was hill hill and he was breaking and snapped the 9 ball in for the set! Well not so much lol. I forgot and so did he about the rule of no 9'sleep count and I started to go to the bathroom and remembered and while he was celebrating I reminded him of the rule lol. It got spotted up and he made a couple balls and missed , I ran out the rest of the for the set!!!! Wooohooo, can anyone say KARMA. MY question is with the break being basically a non factor for either of us except once in great while what do Yale think about the rack you own but no 9 on the break? I know you could do no 2 bottom corners..... but one the rare occasion I do make a 9 on the break that usually where it goes. So.... I just texted him and gave him the option between the two games I listed above but said I was not OK with the racking / breaking arrangements we have been doing. For the record, we started out lose racks. Well when he was breaking it was about as bad as mine. He felt I was not racking good for him. He wanted to change it to RYO mid set and I said no way, but feel free to check every rack and if you're not happy I will gladly rerack till you are and that's what we did. He did have me rerack a couple racks but he broke NO DIFFERENTLY ONCE we were playing rack your own lol. I actually think he was breaking better when I racked lol, not kidding. Anyway I suggested if he absolutely wanted to play rack you own that's would be OK BUT 9's would still not count for him but for me they would - in any pocket. Like I said, I rarely make the 9 regardless of who racks but I'm not sure but he may know how " to rack " cause he did make 2 or 3 over two sets so that's my concern. What do yall think about this situation ? I think that's more then fair what I suggested ( especially if we play the even game where I'm apparently a heavy dog - right )? If he doesn't agree we just won't play and that's fine with me, he can win more from me then most others in there strictly cause I got gamble and apparently he does not give ANY weight to people that play under him so he just don't get played by those. Not only that but he only plays $ 25 sets with pretty much everyone else
September regardless of how they play. ( he must LOVE THE GAME WITH ME TO BET THAT $500 LOL LOL ) And that's OK with me, I knew what the match up was supposed to be before I even talked to him the first time. I think if I'm getting up and playing a game I'm not supposed to win, the least he can do is agree to my racking suggestions . ONCE AGAIN BROTHER , I HOPE YOUR READING THIS CAUSE ID LIKE TO OLAY YOU BUT I AINT GONNA JUST PULL MY KNOT OUT AND HAND IT TO YOU SO SHOP AT LEAST A LITTLE HEART!!!!! JUS SAYING!!!!

Anyway ok, I'm ready for you guys to tell me how stupid I am for all the above mentioned things. That's fine, it's not as if I didn't know going in but I got gamble, DO YOU???? Keep in mind this guy maybe doesn't play for decent money often but HE GOT IT and apparently he loves my action lol so it's not really him throwing a toorhpick at a lumberyard scenario. If it were I would have played him at all of course. HINT HINT, IF WE PLAY THIS MATCH SIR AND YOU DON AT LEAST LOSE TO ME WHAT I JUST LOST, WELL DON WORRY ABOUT US PLAYING NO MO K? I guess what I'm really asking Is about the breaking thing. Do yall agree with me? Anyone have a better solution to this? Oh by the way; just so yall know what kinda guy this is, initially tonight I did tell him I wast even looking to play tonight but I would play some one hole but no 9 ball. Yes, eventually I caved yes but that's not the point. He's up at this pool hall pretty much every day and plays on ALL THE tables. I only go there every couple months and always play on the same table. I know it rolls true, the pockets are standard 4.5 ( many of the other tables are gaff and yall that go there know exactly what I'm talking about ) so I know this one table and this table only. Well when I finally did agree to play a set of 9 ball tonight he refused to play on this table - the same one we played on last time lol. I said that's the only table....... he still said no way so I said f'it . So he pulls out a quarter and said we could flip for choice of table lol. I said no thanks but since you got the quarter out let's just flip it for the $500. And I even told him he could flip it ! Well I think we all no that would not happen in a million years.... probably not even for 5 bucks lol but hey worth a try - save on table time. Oh yeah , one more thing- after beating me out of 900 he was nice enough to come over and say don't worry about the time - he's got it lololol. Even the Houseman made a comment about rat like WTF???? That's nice of him lol. It was like 15 bucks.

Thanks for reading this far if you made it, sorry for the rant. But I gotta rant on this guy- AND MORE SO I HOPE YOU READ THIS AND CALL ME WHEN I TOLD YOU TOO AND YOU BRING A LOT OF MONEY AND IF YOU CAN FIND IT...... YOUR HEART TOO!!!!!
He has you on tilt and I suggest that you refrain from playing him as a result!

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I thought it was just me and my rediculously short attention span! I just couldn’t get past the first few lines

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never heard of no damn tip hat!

I don't get played up there, man. At least nothing that isn't against o'henry...and that is just as big a money pit as you stepped in.

Gonna take some smarts to get them doll hairs back, m-man.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I lost $1100 tonight. I really didn't have a choice but to play as I'm definitely not a NIT

You are definitely not a NIT.

You do have a lot of heart.

Sounds like you should have gotten the call 8 at a minimum, maybe more.

I agree with KD,, I'd stay away from that cat- he's in your head now.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

I don't get played up there, man. At least nothing that isn't against o'henry...and that is just as big a money pit as you stepped in.

You are at a severe disadvantage playing at Top Hat!

The tables have been modified severely and if you are unaware and trust your eyes then "God help you"

The tables were stripped down and diamond rubber cushions installed on a brunswick. I have bookmark the thread with this information and will provide the source on my next post.

As critical as banking is in one pocket and table speed. Adjusting to the tables when your opponent does not have to is really out running the nuts.

Kd

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know about that and have for a long time. Doesn't bother me, as long as I don't touch the rails!

Haja...does take some getting used to, but it can be done.

The tables have been modified severely and if you are unaware and trust your eyes then "God help you"

The tables were stripped down and diamond rubber cushions installed on a brunswick. I have bookmark the thread with this information and will provide the source on my next post.

As critical as banking is in one pocket and table speed. Adjusting to the tables when your opponent does not have to is really out running the nuts.

Kd

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're playing races to 3-5 for 2DIMES either, A. you've got the nuts, B.You're REALLY rich or C. The other guy is stealing. Been playing almost 40yrs. and have never seen such a short set for that kind of $$$.

Not really rich, but do like to gamble and if you made it thru my rant I explained the bet / race.

He has you on tilt and I suggest that you refrain from playing him as

Kd

Was on tilt but none the less he actually cancelled on me day of lololol!!! And ues, I know about the tables and once again if anyone made it thru my rant I talked about the tables too.

Henry had to either loan him the rest of the money for the post or more likely was in which is totally fine with me. But yes W, I get what you're saying BUT - I've been gambling with Henry since I was 13 or so and he will bet it up and he is REAL TOUGH but if you can get there he Wil give you a real nice payday so I would never say Henry is NIT. Super tough, F yeah but NIT NO - at least in my experience as long as I've known him anyway

You are definitely not a NIT.

You do have a lot of heart.

Sounds like you should have gotten the call 8 at a minimum, maybe more.

I agree with KD,, I'd stay away from that cat- he's in your head now.

I discussed this too if anyone read far enough, but that's OK too. I'm not worried about being the dog, wasn't the point. Tommy; off topic, the night of this particular
match you actually came up in conversation afterwards with one of my rail action lol. Not gonna say no more on here about that and wasn't nothing bad but pm me for any questions. Matter of fact it would be cool if you did as I'm getting ready to do something with cues, shafts, ferrules and tips and would value your opinion. Thanks brother!

Kd

As mentioned above, yes I'm familiar with the gaff and take about it in my post. Was not the issue as we finally played on the one and only table I DO KNOW well up there and that was even an issue at first of course ( trying to trap me on one of those five tables lol but I know better ). Appreciate the heads up though. Anyway, he cancelled on me day of.... wants to reschedule next week...........

Ps, someone mentioned one pocket. That's what I wanted to play but guy wants no part of one hole so while story is all 9 ball.

Last edited:

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tommy; off topic, the night of this particular
match you actually came up in conversation afterwards with one of my rail action lol. Not gonna say no more on here about that and wasn't nothing bad but pm me for any questions. Matter of fact it would be cool if you did as I'm getting ready to do something with cues, shafts, ferrules and tips and would value your opinion. Thanks brother!

I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

My name is Tim, used to live in downtown DC but recently moved to NoVA.

I have only been to Tip Hat twice, once was to play in the monthly One hole tournament they used to have (Tall Paul ran it?)

I would still be happy to give you my opinion on that equipment, but Tommy would probably be a better resource. :)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Henry had to either loan him the rest of the money for the post or more likely was in which is totally fine with me. But yes W, I get what you're saying BUT - I've been gambling with Henry since I was 13 or so and he will bet it up and he is REAL TOUGH but if you can get there he Wil give you a real nice payday so I would never say Henry is NIT. Super tough, F yeah but NIT NO - at least in my experience as long as I've known him anyway

He's definitely got gamble, no doubt about that. Never heard him accused of any nit traits whatsoever.

That is just a real tough pool room for me.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was a longish post but I think I got the substance of it, guy wanted to play for less, you wanted to play for more. He did not want to so had "no heart"? Is that about it?

Don't see any issues with not playing or playing for more or less, does not make anyone anything.

One the things I can't stand in pool rooms are people that walk around saying crap like "I don't put my cue together for less than blah blah dollars".

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

My name is Tim, used to live in downtown DC but recently moved to NoVA.

I have only been to Tip Hat twice, once was to play in the monthly One hole tournament they used to have (Tall Paul ran it?)

I would still be happy to give you my opinion on that equipment, but Tommy would probably be a better resource. :)

I was with George owner of G's Cues and we were talking about tips and you came up in that regards. ( he said they were good as I was not familiar )