New Cuetec Shaft

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received the following email from Cuetec and wanted to share since there has been a lot of talk recently with SVB using a new shaft:

Hello Nicholas
Cuetec has been working on a carbon fiber shaft for about a year now
The one Shane is using is still in testing right now but is close to being finalized
We are actually close to going into production and may have them in stock as early as November I told Cuetec to not rush it, but to make sure it is absolutely right so even January or February next year is ok
Shane seems to really like it as do pro players in Asia so I am anticipating good results
There will be a new series of cues with anywhere from 6-12 cues plus a break cue
We will also at some point offer shafts to fit other popular pin sizes
This shaft will still have a 3/8 x 14 pin, however, due to manufacturing limitations will have a joint slight larger in diameter than Cuetec Cues so it may not work perfectly on Cuetec Cues
I will keep you posted as new information becomes available
Thank you and please let me know if you have any other questions
Jeff Blackoff
Cuetec USA

Hope this answers some questions that have been going around. While I understand why they are doing it I am a little disappointed it may not fit on my current R360 cue. SVB should get a raise for the amount of attention he is bringing to Cuetec. I'm also glad someone is giving Predator some competition, hopefully at a reasonable price!

Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received the following email from Cuetec and wanted to share since there has been a lot of talk recently with SVB using a new shaft:

Hello Nicholas
Cuetec has been working on a carbon fiber shaft for about a year now
The one Shane is using is still in testing right now but is close to being finalized
We are actually close to going into production and may have them in stock as early as November I told Cuetec to not rush it, but to make sure it is absolutely right so even January or February next year is ok
Shane seems to really like it as do pro players in Asia so I am anticipating good results
There will be a new series of cues with anywhere from 6-12 cues plus a break cue
We will also at some point offer shafts to fit other popular pin sizes
This shaft will still have a 3/8 x 14 pin, however, due to manufacturing limitations will have a joint slight larger in diameter than Cuetec Cues so it may not work perfectly on Cuetec Cues
I will keep you posted as new information becomes available
Thank you and please let me know if you have any other questions
Jeff Blackoff
Cuetec USA

Hope this answers some questions that have been going around. While I understand why they are doing it I am a little disappointed it may not fit on my current R360 cue. SVB should get a raise for the amount of attention he is bringing to Cuetec. I'm also glad someone is giving Predator some competition, hopefully at a reasonable price!

Good news as it was expected sooner or later and even better it is Cuetec coming with their CF shaft. If the price will be reasonable and they really offer it in other popular sizes I'm curious to see the reaction of Predator. Cuetec has very good chances to succeed in this competition bear in mind the ridiculous price for Revo. I won't be surprised if Revo shafts will be available in stock fairly soon;).

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A bit odd that Predator did not patent their shaft, wonder if what they did was already known and in use.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was fortunate to hit with 4 of the Cuetec shafts and the #4 hit very close to my Revo 12.9 mm

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the cuetex shaft look like a maple or is it black like the revolution?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know about you guys but I am a bit leery about cue tecs venture into the carbon shaft market based on what I read in the op's post.

When a company sends out a notification that they are making a new shaft with a caveat that it may not fit their butts perfectly it smacks of poor engineering on their part.

If they are willing to take a short cut ....imo.. Manufacturing joints , what else are they willing to make short cuts on in getting this shaft to market ?

Many on here have said they hope its cheaper than revo and while I am not exactly enthused with the price of a revo I believe in the old adage ....you get what you pay for. In other words if you buy a cheap shaft....that's exactly what you get.

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know about you guys but I am a bit leery about cue tecs venture into the carbon shaft market based on what I read in the op's post.

When a company sends out a notification that they are making a new shaft with a caveat that it may not fit their butts perfectly it smacks of poor engineering on their part.

If they are willing to take a short cut ....imo.. Manufacturing joints , what else are they willing to make short cuts on in getting this shaft to market ?

Many on here have said they hope its cheaper than revo and while I am not exactly enthused with the price of a revo I believe in the old adage ....you get what you pay for. In other words if you buy a cheap shaft....that's exactly what you get.

Just to clarify the shaft won't fit current cues perfectly probably because they want you to buy their new cue line so they make more money. It makes sense from a business standpoint but I don't like it. I want to buy just the shaft for my existing R360 I don't want to buy both a new butt and shaft.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to clarify the shaft won't fit current cues perfectly probably because they want you to buy their new cue line so they make more money. It makes sense from a business standpoint but I don't like it. I want to buy just the shaft for my existing R360 I don't want to buy both a new butt and shaft.

Oh...thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding. Yea I guess it is a smart move to get more of the consumers dollar.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For cuetec there isn’t a huge difference between the price of the complete cue vs the shaft alone. As long as the extension fits the butt I’ll probably give the new cue a try

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be honest (and you should too) - I'm not sliding while shooting along the joint.
So I sure as hell dont care if it's not 100% flush. Yes, would be nice, but dont care.

Cuetec is putting out insanely nice queues and the R360 shafts already are right up the alley with others.

If tests show results even just near the Revo it will get serious attention and ordering.

Cheers,
M

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do any of these have <12 tip diameter?

R360 can be had with 12,75, 12 and 11,5 right now - look around a bit.
In Europe not really, but US no problem!

I do hope they are smarter than Predator and put out a 11 or 11,5 version, not that thick crap only.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member

That isn’t the reason they’re making the joint larger. A Cuetec butt isn’t all that expensive. It has more to do with being able to offer shafts for other cues besides their own. Cuetec has a small joint diameter vs the rest of the market.

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That isn’t the reason they’re making the joint larger. A Cuetec butt isn’t all that expensive. It has more to do with being able to offer shafts for other cues besides their own. Cuetec has a small joint diameter vs the rest of the market.

I get that but why wouldn't it fit existing Cuetec cues with their joint if not for wanting you to buy a new butt as well?