Good spectator chair

livemusic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need some chairs for my pool room and noticed some cool chairs that competitors sit in at their televised tournaments. A search revealed some chairs along this line, called spectator chairs.

I found the one below for $390 each and that is more than I want to spend but I fear buying something for, say, $250 each and it's crap. This one below has a drawer in the chair. What the heck would you need that for? That seems added expense. Anyone know anything any good? This is for players or guests to sit in at informal gatherings.

pecan-3_jpg_egpoolcue.jpg

https://www.billiards.com/game-room...9QLme934m6lxdcH6bMeZ1t0DKYvQ1oiRoC3XIQAvD_BwE

I think the above has a slot for the cue. I also need a half table or such to put between two chairs, such as a 'half table.'

Last edited:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Spectator chairs are great but it's not something you can slide up to a table on. That said, there's lots of choice out there. Pooldawg has some selection, as I'm sure most sites do.

I went to a local furniture store for mine. The chairs aren't too expensive and the table has a leaf so it can become much larger. In total my set was $600 Canadian, for a table and 4 chairs, all of them pub height.

Sorry about the dark photo, I was setting up my projector at the time.

Diamond Billiards also has a set but as I recall it's quite expensive.

Attachments

• Table and Chairs 02.jpg
    Table and Chairs 02.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 971

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The chair has cup holders. No table needed. But they sell elevated tables if you want one.

Spectator chairs are elevated so they can see the game better.

The drawer? Storage obviously.

Chalk
Towels
Markers
Sundry things

If playing, maybe wallet/watch/keys.

I am unaware of a special intended purpose for the drawer.

It does seem that billiards/pool furniture tends to have storage built in for obvious reasons...all our stuff/gear.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i have that chair for several years
its comfortable and the drawer is great to store chalk /table brush / reinforcers to mark spots on table for drills /extra set of pool balls etc
it comes in handy
i like the chair although i have no other brand to compare it to

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shoot man try and snag a used Brunswick spectator chair, I found one at a steal for 120$ Canadian. Absolute top quality, exactly like the one in your pic (op).

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I didn't want anyone to be too comfortable in my room (kills the party mood) and I didn't want to have to move a chair leg for certain shots in my not-quite-big-enough room and yet wanted to have enough chairs for everyone, if necessary.

And I wanted chairs higher than a normal chair.

And I'm cheap.

So, I went to a office supply store and bought 10 or so small office chairs in various colors, with pneumatic up and down. Those fixed all those problems.

Jeff Livingston

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
i have that chair for several years
its comfortable and the drawer is great to store chalk /table brush / reinforcers to mark spots on table for drills /extra set of pool balls etc
it comes in handy
i like the chair although i have no other brand to compare it to

I like it, too.

I know it's more than OP wants to spend, but cry once ... comes to mind.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I need some chairs for my pool room and noticed some cool chairs that competitors sit in at their televised tournaments. A search revealed some chairs along this line, called spectator chairs.

I found the one below for $390 each and that is more than I want to spend but I fear buying something for, say, $250 each and it's crap. This one below has a drawer in the chair. What the heck would you need that for? That seems added expense. Anyone know anything any good? This is for players or guests to sit in at informal gatherings.

pecan-3_jpg_egpoolcue.jpg

https://www.billiards.com/game-room...9QLme934m6lxdcH6bMeZ1t0DKYvQ1oiRoC3XIQAvD_BwE

I think the above has a slot for the cue. I also need a half table or such to put between two chairs, such as a 'half table.'

I have Brunswick chairs like that, they are very nice chairs. You get better quality when you buy those. They are heavier and just plain old built better than the lower cost billiard chairs which I have too. (I have 6 billiard chairs) The finish is wearing off on my cheaper chairs while the Brunswick's still look great.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
If you really want nice actual spectator chairs...fine next to a table but not a chair you move ever or sit at facing a table, l reccomend American Heritage Billiards. They aren't cheap but very well made. I had an in and got them at a significant discount. Unfortunately, it's not the kind I can help anyone else get. But there are online retailers who at least discount some.

94f51198f8bcf82d02c49284de89f4a1.jpg

They do some nice swivel matching bar stools too.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
34407fdedc33de21879381f08d70a278.jpg
eee03d3b16f7a297f1bf4737b006109c.jpg
ac08867ea73f979afd7899ceb0626826.jpg

Last edited:

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I kept a lookout on craigslist for 3-4 months and saw about 3 sets on there at different times. Ended up with a pretty nice pair for 85 bucks, and new they were at least 250-300ish each. Guy just wanted to clear out his basement for something new.

They dont have the drawer although I wish it did.....but has a brass type reinforcement on the foot rest and the material for the cushion seems that itll hold up very well over time. The cup holder also has some leather piece stitched into it so that was a nice touch.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
All I can tell you is that there is a huge difference in the comfort of bar stools. Many of them are uncomfortable and only a few of them are really suited for Pool applications. My advice is only buy a chair(s) that you sit in first. I went to a billiard supply store that had about a dozen different types of high chairs and I only found one I really liked. It was a single chair but so comfortable and well made that I bought it anyway for $150.

It's still my favorite chair to this day, over ten years later. I'll sit there for hours watching Dennis practice breaking and running racks of Ten Ball. It never gets boring to me. I know I'm watching one of the best who ever lived. Every once in a while I will give him a little piece of advice which he thanks me for and quickly forgets. :)

I also picked up three other plain bar stools with a round swivel seat and no back. They cost $50 each. Several years later I found some bar stools in the local Salvation Army store that were great and only $15 each. I bought all four they had. I will post some pics later. Just "try before you buy!"

Dbow61

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first set I got with a restored set Brunswick table chairs cue rack etc, so got the idea of searching Craig's list for tables and looking in the background for chairs, cue racks, cues etc, and picked up the second pair for $350 they sold them separate from the table. Try it may work for you the second set goes for around $800 each.
01e35c32b4fbbcd6a37b027f7fe5ee76.jpg
2dde7fed98844096223e52c75321f6a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you really want nice actual spectator chairs...fine next to a table but not a chair you move ever or sit at facing a table, l reccomend American Heritage Billiards. They aren't cheap but very well made. I had an in and got them at a significant discount. Unfortunately, it's not the kind I can help anyone else get. But there are online retailers who at least discount some.

Coincidentally , I am currently offering an American Heritage chair in the "For sale section."

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=481025

Storrim

The chair is beautiful, I tell you. If you want to buy it, don't think about how much you'll spend. Why deny yourself something if you really want it. I look for what I like. As soon as I find something I like, I'll definitely buy it for myself. Even if it's sanding chairs. Because I want it and I'm interested in it. I'll find somewhere to get the money anyway. So you don't have to dwell on it. I want to buy a bed that knows the brand with the best quality, price doesn't matter. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

289FIA

The chair is beautiful, I tell you. If you want to buy it, don't think about how much you'll spend. Why deny yourself something if you really want it. I look for what I like. As soon as I find something I like, I'll definitely buy it for myself. Even if it's sanding chairs. Because I want it and I'm interested in it. I'll find somewhere to get the money anyway. So you don't have to dwell on it. I want to buy a bed that knows the brand with the best quality, price doesn't matter. Thanks in advance.
Under $80 each https://www.hayneedle.com/product/augustaswivelbarstool.cfm

inuse:BOR049.jpg

https://www.hayneedle.com/product/9balllogopaddedbarstoolwithback.cfm

I personally don't play good enough where players would be sitting for a long time and need a super comfy expensive chair 😉
Like these .. bought 4 similar ones for drink rails and 2 for a pub table in my pool room. Hope to have it set up in another couple of weeks.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The post is from 2018, good idea to check the date of the post before replying.

jshaw

Registered
Shoot man try and snag a used Brunswick spectator chair, I found one at a steal for 120$ Canadian. Absolute top quality, exactly like the one in your pic (op).
I have a Brusnwick as well. Inlaws bought it for me for xmas and drove three states away to pick it up.

Geosnookery

Some of those look like electric chairs.

Just cruise the thrift shops. Likely $15 or so.

However, I have a dedicated Snooker room and have a couple guys over once a week (pre Covid.) I doubt if any of us ever sit down. I also never sit when playing in a pool hall, legion, etc. Maybe when I’m 90 I’ll start sitting.