Who are the people that claim pool is on the down hill slide?

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You sure do fail to understand me, I already HAVE a distribution network in place, it would just be nice to pick up Fastenal as a main distributor, but they're NOT a requirement. My plans have never included them, they were a last minute thought, that may, or may not pan out. I might have to build my sales up more before they get involved, who knows. Not picking up Fastenal is not going to change my plans. Reaching my goals fast or slow isn't going to stop me from reaching them.

Cool. I'm all for you succeeding.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I didn't mean to insinuate he didn't have a business plan, because you're right we have been hearing about it for some time, I just suggested he tweak it to not include upsetting potential clients and posting private emails from potential distribution chains.

Do you disagree?

I don't agree or disagree with those kinds of details of his plan. I think he knows what he's doing and how he's doing it. It's not my call to judge, at the moment, anyway.

It's his plan. I'm thrilled that someone has such a plan. Here's to success!

Jeff Livingston

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't agree or disagree with those kinds of details of his plan. I think he knows what he's doing and how he's doing it. It's not my call to judge, at the moment, anyway.

It's his plan. I'm thrilled that someone has such a plan. Here's to success!

Jeff Livingston

Point taken. Hopefully it's not just a rotation tour. Maybe some one hole for us.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The closing of pool halls may not be the best barometer to measure the pool world's health. It's possible that just as many people play today as they did 50 years ago however the majority of players now play in bars on bar tables rather than going to a pool hall. The direction of pool has certainly shifted however it may not be a bad thing.

That only works if you consider bar box pool the equivalent of the real thing. IMO that's like equating flag football with the NFL.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That only works if you consider bar box pool the equivalent of the real thing. IMO that's like equating flag football with the NFL.

Bar box pool most definitely IS pool. There are even pro events played on bar tables.

Pool may not be headed in a direction that either of us like but it's still pool and it's still thriving...

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bar box pool most definitely IS pool. There are even pro events played on bar tables.

Pool may not be headed in a direction that either of us like but it's still pool and it's still thriving...

Bar box pool may be thriving in the United States, and I'm glad for the owners. But don't pretend that a table with 24.5 square ft. has anything in common with a table with 65% more playing surface, other than the shape of the rectangle and the rules of the game.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yup................

First question potential investors want to know is how much money can they make!

If....and I say IF, I can get in control of what I'm doing, my end game is to keep ALL the money generated through the viewing audience coming into my LLC, but set up a board of directors to continue promoting and managing Pro events, supporting all games of pool played, but while MAINTAINING total separation between Pros and amateurs. Then, with enough event centers for support, all events on all skill levels lead to world championships promoted to the viewing audience on a world level, this is no longer an American sport, this is world sport, and therefore promoted on a world stage. By retaining control of the funds, with ANOTHER board of directors, I'll have the checks and balances in place that continue to fund this sport as it grows, and the funds to continue to expand more event centers, therefore spreading around where live broadcasting is promoted from. Then the whole system, event centers and all can be turned over to the sports board of directors, who submit financial support from the for profit LLC, whom only have a specific control over the funds and still must request approval for distribution of the funds from the CEO of the LLC.......THEN NO ONE can come long and screw things up in the future, or rob the system blind!!!

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do know that snooker has never been popular in the US right?

You should visit the Midwest once in a while. Snooker was and still is popular here. Our Senior center has 2 snooker tables.

But 3C is popular in Europe as well. So there are 3 cue games vying for attention, to varying degrees depending on country. But both pro snooker AND pro 3C are a lot more solid, there, than pool.

And they are doing it without glue. Or some mega event center which will cost a fortune to build and equip and another fortune to pay the overhead. Or player ability tests to qualify.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Bar box pool may be thriving in the United States, and I'm glad for the owners. But don't pretend that a table with 24.5 square ft. has anything in common with a table with 65% more playing surface, other than the shape of the rectangle and the rules of the game.

You're wrong, ANY pool table size can inspire an uncountable number of future pool players,

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right, but then most don't want to pay to see that baby, because they're to cheap, and they expect so see it for free....NOT happening!

Huh? What does this even mean? Did you even understand the metaphor. You've been blathering about this for years (the labor pains) yet still no baby.

I think you took the wrong tack by focusing on glue. Should have gone with abrasives, since abrasiveness is your strong suit.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You should visit the Midwest once in a while. Snooker was and still is popular here. Our Senior center has 2 snooker tables.

But 3C is popular in Europe as well. So there are 3 cue games vying for attention, to varying degrees depending on country. But both pro snooker AND pro 3C are a lot more solid, there, than pool.

And they are doing it without glue. Or some mega event center which will cost a fortune to build and equip and another fortune to pay the overhead. Or player ability tests to qualify.

Visit the midwest?....LMAO I've worked in every state there is on the road for 14 years buddy. Not only that, I delivered a Gabrielle 10' billiard table to the Carom Cafe in NY, to be set up by 2 korean installers. I watched them put I swear 300 staples down one side of the slate before I asked them if I could show them a better way, they agreed, and pulled all the staples out and let me show them my glue down system. To say the least, they were blow away. 4 months later Chad at Diamond asked me if I had a passport because THOSE same installers were requesting me to go to Korea and show them my system again before the world 3C was being held there....I turned their request down because j didn't have my glue at the time.

Do you know how many times a snooker cloth gets retrenched before it gets replaced because it can't be installed any tighter than push racks can hold it because the cloth will tear past the head of the rack? I installed a snooker cloth on Fatboys Riley 12' snooker table in Vegas that in 2 years never came lose. When Riley found out about that, the got a hold of Fatboy and wanted me to fly to England and show them my system as well, but same reason for not going, I didn't have my own glue. Well fast forward to today, billiards tables still use 1,000 staples to install the bed cloth, and require them to be pulled out as well, AND Snooker tables STILL require the bed cloths to be re-stretched 2-3 times before replacing it. Morel of the story is, the same problems that existed back then, still exist today, difference is, today I have my glue! Please don't claim to know this industry better than I do, I've spent the last 35 years of my life working to improve it, not looking at it from the outside!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Huh? What does this even mean? Did you even understand the metaphor. You've been blathering about this for years (the labor pains) yet still no baby.

I think you took the wrong tack by focusing on glue. Should have gone with abrasives, since abrasiveness is your strong suit.

And another thing, when have ever ONCE mentioned snooker or billiards tournament support, or skill level testing OUTSIDE of the POOL playing industry?....show me ONE TIME? Learn to know what you're talking about first, before opening your mouth!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

This is the blind prejudiced outlook that is hurting pool today, and has been hurting pool for years. Bar tables are a plus to the game anytime you can host a world bar table championship for the PROS, AMATEUR, AND JUNIORS broke down into different categories and the worlds finals can be viewed by way of a world viewing system. The bar tables are here to stay, and are never going to be replaced by 9ft tables. For every 9ft Diamond sells, the sell 10 7fts as well. If done right, those very tables you can't stand, can also generate a tremendous amount of revenue to help support the sport as a whole....so, why exclude or overlook their value??

realkingcobra

Silver Member

You start shit, then cry like a baby when I respond?

realkingcobra

Silver Member

How about if you don't have anything positive to add, you don't add anything at all!