Trouble watching Facebook streams?

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This weekend I'm having trouble with the Facebook streams on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer from Upstate Al and CSI.

Both streams run for a few moments and then reset and have to be restarted.

I'm not having trouble on YouTube with pool or any other live streams so I'm thinking this might be an issue with my Facebook settings.

The usual response is it's on my end but does anyone have any suggestions, could it be my Facebook settings or something else?

Thanks
Tony C

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
seems like a lot of people having same problem. CSI said its a facebook issue, and also stated its only on google chrome. Pat Fleming said he switched to FireFox, to watch Upstate Al, and he was fine. So I downloaded it and everything stopped working , even other sites on chrome. Uninstalled it and am back to ok on chrome.

Not sure whats going on, wish I could help.

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Denis, so it's not just me.

POV Pool has a nice 3 cushion stream on YouTube right now, no problems with that stream if you're interested.

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Denis, so it's not just me.

POV Pool has a nice 3 cushion stream on YouTube right now, no problems with that stream if you're interested.

Welcome and I will check POV. Cue sports live went to you tube as well for VNEA championships. Its trouble free.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problems here in San Antonio. I had to reboot my iPad once or twice but over an extended period of time.

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problems here in San Antonio. I had to reboot my iPad once or twice but over an extended period of time.

Seems like only certain browsers. Al just said on the stream Firefox is the best to get away from the problem. Im putting up with continual restart because its such a good event at Steinways. DD and Soussi will be in A side final soon. Its on 9 FTS , which is nice!!!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This weekend I'm having trouble with the Facebook streams on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer from Upstate Al and CSI.

Both streams run for a few moments and then reset and have to be restarted.

I'm not having trouble on YouTube with pool or any other live streams so I'm thinking this might be an issue with my Facebook settings.

The usual response is it's on my end but does anyone have any suggestions, could it be my Facebook settings or something else?

Thanks
Tony C

I figured out the problem during the last Mosconi Cup. In a nut shell, the Facebook streams work on their desktop site page.
When you try to watch on your phone or tablet, your browser automatically requests the mobile page, with the m before the Facebook.
The link will not work through the mobile page.
What you need to do is go to your browser on your tablet/phone and select "request desktop site".
By doing this you will see the window pop up and be able to play and expand to your screen.
Some laptops may also not request the desktop site either.

So even though you copied and pasted a link someone posted...your browser is automatically sending you to that link but via the mobile site therefore your video won't work.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I figured out the problem during the last Mosconi Cup. In a nut shell, the Facebook streams work on their desktop site page.
When you try to watch on your phone or tablet, your browser automatically requests the mobile page, with the m before the Facebook.
The link will not work through the mobile page.
What you need to do is go to your browser on your tablet/phone and select "request desktop site".
By doing this you will see the window pop up and be able to play and expand to your screen.
Some laptops may also not request the desktop site either.

So even though you copied and pasted a link someone posted...your browser is automatically sending you to that link but via the mobile site therefore your video won't work.

The Facebook pool streams don't work worth a damn on my computers, iPads, or phones. And before somebody says it is "me", I can look at Netflix, YouTube, and TV on my stuff and nothing freezes up or malfunctions.

And, while we're at it, why do some Facebook streams require that you sign in while others don't?