how are ya'll doing in league ?

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Won both my matches this week against the opposing team's best player. Hill/hill win in 8 ball and a rackless 5-0 in 9 ball. One more week and I pretty much have MVP tied up. Looking forward to titlehilders in 9 ball in july then 8 ball in august...should be a fun next few months.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Im looking at the apa book
Says the rack is just the same as a bca rack(not in those exact words)
Why does everyone do the pattern rack thing?

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im looking at the apa book
Says the rack is just the same as a bca rack(not in those exact words)
Why does everyone do the pattern rack thing?

In BCA an 8B rack is 8 in the middle, back corners cannot be the same (one solid and one stripe - does not matter what side), APA is 8B in the middle - and that's it - nothing else matters.

As far as solid, strip, solid, stripe goes, most people learn that way and it becomes a habit. I still do it but once in a while I'll just throw them in the rack and put the 8B in the middle and go with it.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
oh ok i like that even better, the apa way but i have NEVER seen anyone do it like that
not even league players

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh ok i like that even better, the apa way but i have NEVER seen anyone do it like that
not even league players

I always put the one on top then a solid and a stripe at the corners. No reason in particular but I put matching colors at the corner such as the blue 2 and 10 or the green 6 and 14 etc.

I have seen people put various numbers of balls on top but as long as its a solid I dont care.

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I always put the one on top then a solid and a stripe at the corners. No reason in particular but I put matching colors at the corner such as the blue 2 and 10 or the green 6 and 14 etc.

I have seen people put various numbers of balls on top but as long as its a solid I dont care.

Why do you care what is at the front stripe or solid
Me im never going to do anything but put the 8 and slap thw rest in however they go

Most never even pay attention but i thought pattern racking was supposed to be not legal

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me im never going to do anything but put the 8 and slap thw rest in however they go

Most never even pay attention but i thought pattern racking was supposed to be not legal

Unlike 9 ball most 8 ball leagues have rules regarding the rack, it's not pattern racking.;

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Are people putting all 15 balls in the same position every time and leaving the same space in between balls everytime ? If not...its not pattern racking .

I will give you an example of how much I pay attention to the rack. One night in an 8 ball match I was up 2-0. Broke the 3 rd rack and looked up and noticed all the stripes were gone except the 9 ball. I thought ...wtf ?? Then it dawned on me and i turned around and told my opponent...hey...i thought we were playing 8 ball. He had racked for 9 ball and I did not even notice...just concentrated on smacking the one ball hard and solid like I always do. Every one on both teams was laughing their butts off as he re racked.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member

When I'm breaking, I prefer (but not insist on) a brighter colored solid ball to be at the front, for sighting purposes. Either the 1,3,or 5-ball gives me a nice sight picture. I'll rack 'em that way for my opponent too, but only if he/she is doing the same for me.

In my experiences I have noticed a big percentage of league rackers will often put the 1-ball in the front...even for 8-ball.

Maniac

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I'm breaking, I prefer (but not insist on) a brighter colored solid ball to be at the front, for sighting purposes. Either the 1,3,or 5-ball gives me a nice sight picture. I'll rack 'em that way for my opponent too, but only if he/she is doing the same for me.

In my experiences I have noticed a big percentage of league rackers will often put the 1-ball in the front...even for 8-ball.

Maniac

Yep, this is what I see too, I actually do it also - out of habit.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I see i always thought pattern racking was that stripe solid thing every casual pool player does
Many league players do it to

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see i always thought pattern racking was that stripe solid thing every casual pool player does
Many league players do it to

Nope, pattern racking is the process of placing balls in a specific order to either make the run out harder for your opponent or easier for you. Lots of talk on the subject of what works best.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Nope, pattern racking is the process of placing balls in a specific order to either make the run out harder for your opponent or easier for you. Lots of talk on the subject of what works best.
Ok then thats what mike segal does in his 9ball vid lol talking about putting the 2 ball above the 9 and the 3 behind so they always likley end up on either side of the table

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I even remember a pov pool stream where someone was complaining about this warren kiamco player, i know the name spelled wrong, was placing the 2 intentionally alot, is what the other guy was saying i think if i remember right

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA State Championship started tonight. I’ve been practicing, shooting good so I put myself up first. Figured they would throw their 8 up (I’m a 9) but they threw up a 5.

Out of the gate she gets 7 in first rack, then 6, I go ask the score and it was 25 to 30, me, but she has to go to 38 and me 75. I shoot good but she gets some rolls, ask for score and it’s 35-45, she needs 3 and I need 30!

I shut her down! Final score was 35-75 me. She didn’t make another ball.

That being said, my next three teammates lost and we didn’t even have to play the last match...

At least it’s still double elimination so we play again tomorrow.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had 8 ball ltc's this weekend .. Not much to say about it except the whole team sucked...including moi and we went 2 and out. Like I say at this time every year...always next year.

Last night at double jeapordy league the whole team played better....gess we put too much pressure on ourselves at ltc

I faced another 6 in 9 ball who I had never played before. I actually shot better than he did....well he missed shots that surprised me for him being a 6. He had a killer break though and that made up for his shooting and he won the match.

Then I played probably the best ...or one od the top 3 players in town in 8 ball. I lost 5-1 in a 5-3 race. 2 racks I lost were my own doing....poor cue ball position navigating all the congestion. Hate it when you get to the last one or two balls and wind up 2 inches short of where you need to be. On the bright side he complimented me on some great shots I made .

On to next week . Oh yea...should have my meucci carbon pro by the end of the week. I shot a couple racks after league with a friends carbon meucci last night and think I am gonna like it more than the revo. About the same deflection but a softer hit which helps me with my cue ball control....a lot closer hit to a wood shaft than the revo.