Orcollo might try to beat the 626 record

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Speaking of personal bests, I just juggled 224 times in 1 minute. So I’ve juggled a 224,209,214,190 :eek: and a 213...I dropped them on the 190 so I don’t know if it counts.

My first was still my best but I see definite room for improvement. I bet I could fast juggle a 626. I have a 571 there, no time limit but still as fast as a brotha can catch em.

Look out JS

I just got a 233. It was a pretty damned sweet run

Last edited:

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Speaking of personal bests, I just juggled 224 times in 1 minute. So I’ve juggled a 224,209,214,190 :eek: and a 213...I dropped them on the 190 so I don’t know if it counts.

My first was still my best but I see definite room for improvement. I bet I could fast juggle a 626. I have a 571 there, no time limit but still as fast as a brotha can catch em.

Look out JS

Jeebus. 233? How many balls? That’s lightning!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Look out JS

ok and who is you

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I think he said he juggled. I don't think he said he ran balls.

Jesus...

All the best,
WW

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Look out JS

Ha....I know bookkeepers who can juggle 224 before breakfast

:smile:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Jeebus. 233? How many balls? That’s lightning!

ok and who is you

Lol just a slightly above average micreant, flinging things around.

It was with 3 in the standard juggling everyone knows and loves.

I actually checked if there was a record and saw a dude catch 520 but he juggled a different way and counted his catches by 2’s...not accepted by the BCA or Guinness of course :rolleyes:

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Roger Maris broke Babe Ruth's record. It doesn't diminish Babe Ruth. He is still Babe Ruth.

It seems to me we can recognize the new record holder John Schmidt while recognizing the great legend Willie Mosconi.

Great post, but us folks like controversy 😀

Babe Ruth —-> Baby Ruth
Maris ——> Mars Bar
Mosconi Cup
John Schmidt ——> ?

Liberty taken with Maris.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great post, but us folks like controversy 😀

Babe Ruth —-> Baby Ruth
Maris ——> Mars Bar
Mosconi Cup
John Schmidt ——> ?

Liberty taken with Maris.

I cant wait to see the suggestions for John. I can only imagine. Cant you hear their teeth grinding?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the good news is he ran over 200. The bad news is that was his total run in 10 tries with a high run of 43.

I don't know if he hates John but it is kind of sad a player of his caliber would try to rain on John's parade.

Well, he wont be raining on nothing with that game, at least not in this decade.

I know he was just banging balls around and playing on a much tougher table but 626 balls is a loooooonng ways to run... a long damn ways.

I hope he's stocked up on vit-B!

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
In the 60+ years that Mosconi's record stood, how many SERIOUS attempts were made at besting it?

John's attempts are the only ones I've heard about...where a player dedicated numerous days and hours to the endeavor.

Are there other attempts that we haven't heard about?

If so, do tell.

John Schmidt dedicated a lot of time and effort to his attempts and that is what it takes. It's not that high runs like this are necessarily out of the Reach of the likes of Orcollo, it's just that it will take time, probably a lot more than he is willing to put in. Also there is the knowledge needed, which of course can be gained, but takes time..There is also the Luck factor, which will probably stop many, otherwise good attempts. A lot of Things has to go right for this to be pulled off.

I've heard cocky snooker players, especially, talk about how they could run 200 balls in straight pool without any difficulty at all. Then they run 60 and miss and think that proves their point...Why are People so God damned stupid? Most top elite players today are probably well capable of 200+ ball runs. But 400 or 600? Maybe not, at least not easily, and not just any pro. It takes a special kind of personality to stick With it, and to play the game correctly, without slacking off. Dennis has the raw ability, but does he have the stamina and drive to do it? I doubt it. Once he gets his first skid on a 200+ run, we'll se what he's made of. I've been wrong before, but I'm not holding my breath on this one. There certainly is easier Money to be made for Dennis.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the good news is he ran over 200. The bad news is that was his total run in 10 tries with a high run of 43.

I don't know if he hates John but it is kind of sad a player of his caliber would try to rain on John's parade.

On a table with mouse hole pockets ,, it’s not sad if he’s been offered 10k

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It wouldn't surprise me even a little, if Dennis pulled it off.
Efren either in his prime.
Money will motivate people who can, but who normally wouldn't be interested.
Efren still has the chops to do it. The best cue ball EVER, but I think 14.1 bores him, so he might lose interest half-way through.

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did the $200,000 challenge 1 pocket match between Frost-Orcullo ever happen?

I just noticed the Orcullo interview on Youtube, thinking it was a new spot, but it was 2017.

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How good do you have to be before you shouldn't try to break the record?

If I try to break it I bet nobody cares, but people care if other pros are now interested in straight pool?

What did John really think was going to happen? He drew some interest to the game and now you see more people playing.. and wanting to break records too. Nothing wrong with that.