What happened to Stans CTE Book and New Video?

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you've ever played an entire tournament or match without missing a shot, then you've done it, provided you actually got to shoot.:D Even if it only occurred that one match or one weekend, you mastered the art of aiming at that time. If you can do it once you can do it again. Not sure about you, but I've done it quite often.

Of course there are mental/emotional roadblocks that come into play at the worse times, like choking, trying too hard, wrong frame of mind, etc.... but these are other elements of the game that must be mastered if you expect to not miss any shots. And keep in mind that in order to "never miss another ball" the player must incorporate knowledge and skill, choosing which shots to shoot and which shots to duck, instead of just firing at every low percentage shot you get. This is all part of the dance, knowing and mastering the moves, being so in tune with your game that you know exactly how to maneuver in every situation.

Major Plus 1. Well said!

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
One of the most absurd adages promoted by millennials is that thing about "you can do anything you want to do or be anything you want to be. It is a lie.
A child or an adult can stand in front of a mirror every day for years repeating positive affirmations about "I am eight feet tall and I am the best in the NBA" and they will, in the world of reality, never grow to be eight feet tall.
They can repeat the same things over and over about "I can leap from a 12 story building and fly like a bird"....and when they try it, they will die.
You mislead people when you tell them with your publication that they can "master aiming and never miss another ball". That too is a lie. They will miss balls, no matter what system they use. They can study your system forever, but they're still going to miss balls.
No matter how much you pontificate in an eloquent manner, you are still merely an amateur teaching amateurs to become amateurs.
Furnish videos of you breaking and running racks 50% of the time....otherwise it is just bullfeathers from you in order to sell your books.
The total tonnage of your ignorance and arrogance is enough to sink an ocean liner.

Positive affirmations have a place, but without thousands of hours of quality practice, no one will master anything. It takes hard work to be better than average and 10 times that amount of work to be better than that.

But you are correct that I am an amateur pool player. I do not compete at the pro level because I have not dedicated my life to nothing but pool, which is what it takes to compete at that level. Instead, I actually have a job. Lol

Not sure where you live, but this weekend there's a big 9ball tournament at the 21 Poolroom in Charleston WV. If proof is what you want, come out and watch.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Brian's statement is a challenge.
It reads like an unrealistic promise - on an ad for a for-sale product.

How about Stan's claim that CTE "naturally aligns CB-OB relations as an overcut to the 'ghostball' center for pocketing goals. No judgement, no adjustment"? Is that a "challenge" too - or is that misleading advertising? Goose/gander.

I like Brian and his product, it's just this one phrase on this one ad that's questionable.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Are CTE's claims that it takes you to each shot line entirely objectively with a slight overcut for throw a "challenge" too - or is that misleading advertising?

I like Brian and his product, it's just this one phrase on this one ad that's questionable.

pj
chgo

Understandable. It's all subjective, depending on mindset, what one chooses to believe and strive for. It's not a lie, or a ploy -- it's what I believe is possible based on all the research I've done over the last 10 years when it comes to learning and developing skills.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How about Stan's claim that CTE "naturally aligns CB-OB relations as an overcut to the 'ghostball' center for pocketing goals. No judgement, no adjustment"? Is that a "challenge" too - or is that misleading advertising? Goose/gander.

pj
chgo

I respect your opinion! To clear the air, I don't care what Stan says. Also, there is no place in Brian's phrase where he conflates mastery and Poolology.

Please bear with me. I believe that all of us see things differently. Some see a half full glass. Others don't. Linguistically and grammatically, Brian's phrase is implicative and predictive. To parse the phrase, it would be more easily understood if it read, "If you master aiming, you will never miss." So stated, there is an obvious implicated challenge. Further, the phrase predicts an outcome.

To question the phrase, as you do, is the natural reaction of humans who think about things. It is the first step in the scientific method. It opens the debate. It creates the opportunity to either aspire or concede. It gives us choices. Brian is a man who chooses to aspire. I think you are a man who chooses to aspire.

Brian's phrase opens a whole new galaxy of thought. Only losers and defeatists will attack it. Thinkers and dreamers will debate it.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Positive affirmations have a place, but without thousands of hours of quality practice, no one will master anything. It takes hard work to be better than average and 10 times that amount of work to be better than that.

But you are correct that I am an amateur pool player. I do not compete at the pro level because I have not dedicated my life to nothing but pool, which is what it takes to compete at that level. Instead, I actually have a job. Lol

Not sure where you live, but this weekend there's a big 9ball tournament at the 21 Poolroom in Charleston WV. If proof is what you want, come out and watch.

posts brackets if you get a chance. might know some people playing

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

chgo

It's just the plain old truth.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
posts brackets if you get a chance. might know some people playing

Ok, but it's the dreaded "king of the hill" format, which is tough. Not sure if you've done one of these or not. It gives weaker players a decent chance to win their table if they draw a good spot. With 4 to 6 players per table, you play "winner stays up" until everyone has 5 loses but one player. It's a huge advantage to draw the last spot or second to last, as long as no one dominates the table. It's not my favorite format, but it's close to the house and the payouts are good.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
How about Stan's claim that CTE "naturally aligns CB-OB relations as an overcut to the 'ghostball' center for pocketing goals. No judgement, no adjustment"? Is that a "challenge" too - or is that misleading advertising?
It's just the plain old truth.
Well, except for the minor detail that it's impossible (you know, over here in the real world).

pj <- come visit sometime
chgo

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened?

Ok, but it's the dreaded "king of the hill" format, which is tough. Not sure if you've done one of these or not. It gives weaker players a decent chance to win their table if they draw a good spot. With 4 to 6 players per table, you play "winner stays up" until everyone has 5 loses but one player. It's a huge advantage to draw the last spot or second to last, as long as no one dominates the table. It's not my favorite format, but it's close to the house and the payouts are good.
What happened to you "Mister Never Miss a Ball Again Poolology Man" in the September King of the Hill contest there at that pool room?
I don't see your name OR your book mentioned anywhere.
Oh, silly me...you probably were "too busy" to enter that one.:idea2:
21 Pool Room September King of Hill.JPG

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
What happened to you "Mister Never Miss a Ball Again Poolology Man" in the September King of the Hill contest there at that pool room?
I don't see your name OR your book mentioned anywhere.
Oh, silly me...you probably were "too busy" to enter that one.:idea2:
View attachment 530965

My band had a gig that night. Instead of grabbing a pool cue when I left the house I grabbed that sweet Les Paul hanging to the right of my tv.....

picture.php

I don't make all the tournaments at 21, but I try to make it whenever I'm available. Like I said, it's a tough format. I've placed 2nd and 3rd multiple times but have only won 1st place 2 or 3 times a couple of years ago. Things have been difficult over the last year or so, and it's hard to stay on top of your game when your world has been yanked out from under you. For a while I did absolutely nothing -- no pool, no music. Just felt like nothing was worth doing. But I'll be there Saturday with a positive attitude, and I'll try my best to win, like everyone else there.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
hey guys
think about this
how many players in the hall of fame use cte???
my guess not a great majority
but
so what ???
low 500
it doesnt matter (to me) how good bc21 plays or uses his system
or how good you play or use stans system
the idea is whatever system you you use
does it help you pocket balls
so stop the personal attacks please
to both of you
if your system works for you...GREAT...:):)

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
hey guys
think about this
but
so what ???
low 500
to both of you

Well said, Larry.

I am not engaging in personal attacks. I don't have to. Low500 believes I am being disingenuous, and he's just flat wrong. There is nothing fake about me, and that's easy enough to prove.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My band had a gig that night. Instead of grabbing a pool cue when I left the house I grabbed that sweet Les Paul hanging to the right of my tv.....
I don't make all the tournaments at 21, but I try to make it whenever I'm available. Like I said, it's a tough format. I've placed 2nd and 3rd multiple times but have only won 1st place 2 or 3 times a couple of years ago. Things have been difficult over the last year or so, and it's hard to stay on top of your game when your world has been yanked out from under you. For a while I did absolutely nothing -- no pool, no music. Just felt like nothing was worth doing. But I'll be there Saturday with a positive attitude, and I'll try my best to win, like everyone else there.
What is this stuff about "try my best to win"...?
How can you lose?
YOU are the one who invented a system and published a book about it and on the back cover of your book, you put this statement....about "never miss another ball".
Are you crawfishing now and saying, that with your own system you might miss another ball ?....after you've advertised like that ???
How can this be...you invented the answer to a pool player's dreams didn't you?
This comes from your book, which I read myself. I'm not making this stuff up.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
What is this stuff about "try my best to win"...?
How can you lose?
YOU are the one who invented a system and published a book about it and on the back cover of your book, you put this statement....about "never miss another ball".
Are you crawfishing now and saying, that with your own system you might miss another ball ?....after you've advertised like that ???
How can this be...you invented the answer to a pool player's dreams didn't you?
This comes from your book, which I read myself. I'm not making this stuff up.

"Answer to a pool player's dreams" ?? I didn't write that.

But I stand behind what I did write, the belief that if a person practices what is in the book, eventually they'll find themselves pocketing more and more balls with confidence and consistency. There's no limitation on how consistent a player can become with quality practice.

Yes I invented the system. Yes I use it occassionally, when needed. I play great for the little bit of table time I put in, but I have played much better, and I will get back to that level when time permits. Just because I don't put in the required practice needed to "master the art of aiming" doesn't mean others can't or won't. Dedication is a personal choice.

So, how can I lose? Lol! I can lose just like anyone else can....

Break dry. Opponent runs out. 1 loss. Wait 4 games to play again. Rack. Opponent snaps the nine on the break. 2nd loss. Wait 4 more games. Rack. Opponent breaks and runs. 3rd loss. Wait 4 games. Rack. Opponent breaks dry and I have no shot, so I push out or play a safe. Opponent kicks 4 rails, gets a hit, slops a ball in and plays a 2-9 combo. 4th loss. Wait 4 games. Rack. Opponent breaks and scratches. Finally I get a shot after losing 4 games. One more loss and I'm out. I run that rack, break and run the next rack, knocking two players out. Then I break and scratch and watcc my opponent clear the table. 5th loss. Out. Loser. It happens.

I've been on both ends of these scenarios. It's a tough format, and all you can do is try to stay focused and not make any mistakes.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey guys
think about this
but
so what ???
low 500
to both of you
Man, you got a lot of nerve giving me any grief about "personal attacks".
I don't care what BC-21 does in his personal life....I'm laying into his system that claims in print about if you "master aiming and never miss another ball". (I'm only interested in his pool shooting stuff.)
That "never miss another ball" stuff is a bunch of bullfeathers and is a marketing claim to sell books in my opinion.
There has been a hard core bunch in this place for years and years who have said the same things about Stan Shuffett's system and they have got away with it.
Now when BC-21 gets a dose of it about his own system, he starts to play "poor pitiful me". And all his buddies rally for his aid and comfort.
And concerning personal attacks....just take yourself into that Main Forum and watch some of them going at each other about whether or not John Schmidt ran over 600 balls in straights and toppled their Mosconi god from his throne. Some of them are almost ready to fight hand to hand over that junk. Those are genuine personal attacks.
BC-21aka Brian Crist wrote the book, not me. (and back in these posts somewhere you'll find where he himself said..."tell me what you think about my poolology, good or bad" (or something very close to that).
You want to tell me this isn't disingenuous......?? It is on the back cover of his book.
Aiming Lie.JPG