Great American vs. Valley

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Now you know why I get so many calls from around the country, I don't see the problems, only the solutions!!...LOL

When both Valley and Diamond will not deliver a one piece slate table into a person's home, I feel that is telling them enough and they know better. I won't work for people who ignore the obvious. None the less I do not move peoples pool tables for a living :)

Trent:thumbup:

Maybe a Stickie should be made.....

“What to Know and Look for, Before Buying a Pool Table”.

A lot of regular Joes search Google and end up here on AzB for their answers.

That’s how I ended up on Trent’s Lawn.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

That’s how I ended up on Trent’s Lawn.

Most of what I know came from Glen and just doin it! So it is more like RKC'S lawn!

I know I may come across as that old get off my lawn dude, but, I just really care about this industry and I worked very hard to be where I am. I still have so much to learn and focus really hard at growing my skillset and my business every day!
Peace Love Unity and Respect :)

Trent from Toledo

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A 7 foot, 1 piece 3/4" slate is DEFINITELY more then 150#. This is form Valley website, Tiger Cat table....

HECCH 88" 50" 31" 3/4" 605 Lbs
HEBCH 93" 53" 31" 3/4" 670 Lbs
HEACH 101" 56" 31" 7/8" 845 Lbs

If the slate was 150#, that would make the cabinet about 450#. No way.

Without actually weighing one, I would say 300# for slate, and 300# for cabinet. That sounds more in the ball park.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe yours has MDF for the playing surface instead of real slate too...LOL as the real weight of the slate is not even close to 150lbs, I know, I've been lifting them out of the valley tables to recover them for 38 years!!

Slate. 5/8. Pick it up myself like a baby. You getting old Cobra.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

7ft is 3/4" thick, 8ft is 7/8" thick. Diamond 9ft, 1" thick weighs 618lbs, I have no problem dead lifting 309lbs and placing it on boards at both ends to recover it. So, you should know your slates before you talk about them;)

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I don't think I'm getting old, just a couple of years ago I installed a Diamond 10' one piece, 30mm slate pool table in Stan Shuffetts home. Had to read lift the dolly middle wheels off the plywood they punched holes through to get it up on the concrete, then had to dead lift the cart in the kitchen in order to turn it straight into the doorway it was going through, table on the cart weighs 1650lbs, picking up one end requires dead lifting 825lbs....could you do that??:thumbup:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's real info from an old post...

The table weight is about 700 lbs for a 93".
The slate is a little less than half the weight of the table.

Current production of the standard coin-op cougar 93" is 710 pounds.
Old production is 670 pounds.

The 43x83 slate for the 7 foot table weighs in at approximately 318 lbs.

Once the legs are removed and table on its side opposite the coin op you'll see the holes to grab and lift.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think I'm getting old, just a couple of years ago I installed a Diamond 10' one piece, 30mm slate pool table in Stan Shuffetts home. Had to read lift the dolly middle wheels off the plywood they punched holes through to get it up on the concrete, then had to dead lift the cart in the kitchen in order to turn it straight into the doorway it was going through, table on the cart weighs 1650lbs, picking up one end requires dead lifting 825lbs....could you do that??:thumbup:

I just write checks for that kind of work.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Here's real info from an old post...

The table weight is about 700 lbs for a 93".
The slate is a little less than half the weight of the table.

Current production of the standard coin-op cougar 93" is 710 pounds.
Old production is 670 pounds.

The 43x83 slate for the 7 foot table weighs in at approximately 318 lbs.

Once the legs are removed and table on its side opposite the coin op you'll see the holes to grab and lift.

But your math is a little off, the table of conversation is a 44"×88" model 101" table weight is 860lbs, slate is 425lbs...LOL

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But your math is a little off, the table of conversation is a 44"×88" model 101" table weight is 860lbs, slate is 425lbs...LOL

Not my math
All I know is 2 guys move the table in question easily with slate out....cause I've done it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Not my math
All I know is 2 guys move the table in question easily with slate out....cause I've done it.

You do know that the Valley 8ft was built with particle board and later with plywood, right? The particle board cabinet weighs close to 500lbs with no slate in it. And that 8ft slate does weigh 425lbs. So I hate to tell you, but a 7ft Valley vs an 8ft Valley are completely different tables when it comes to moving them without the slates in the cabinets. So you MUST have been moving a 7ft with one other person with no problem, by the way....I move them by myself🤪

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Not my math

You didn't do it easy with just 2 guys picking it up and carrying it in and downstairs if it was an 8ft, I guarantee it.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no dog in this but I remember taking a7’ Valley apart and us two guys carrying the slate separate and then two guys lifting the cabinet onto furniture dollys.And for a tiny table it was pretty heavy.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have no dog in this but I remember taking a7’ Valley apart and us two guys carrying the slate separate and then two guys lifting the cabinet onto furniture dollys.And for a tiny table it was pretty heavy.

Add another couple of hundred pounds for an 8ft.