Match Of The Century-Orcollo v Van Boening (Nov 7-9),10ball Race to 120 (Sterling VA)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB might become a millionaire( for this week ) before the weekend is over. :D

I would think he already is a millionaire.

Most people that are as successful as he has been are multi millionaires unless they weren't very smart with their earnings over time.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane needs more.

I agree.

DO will beat SVB in 1hole. He won't run him over though, the way SVB ran DO over in 10 ball.

I'm pretty sure most were expecting DO to be the loser but, I'm not sure anyone expected SVB to run over DO like DO was nothing more than a strong amateur.

I believe that "if" SVB played nothing but 1hole for a year, he would be able to stay with DO, Alex or anyone in 1hole and maybe even beat them.

Two things for certain:

SVB has better fundamentals and it shows under pressure.

He handles pressure similar to Efren.

Like Efren, SVB can play all games at elite levels.

I don't think the same things can be said about DO. I like him. He's a beast at most games but, not when facing the Shane-show.

Then again, very few people have stepped into Shane's world (10 ball) and lived to tell about it.

Jeff

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would think he already is a millionaire.

Most people that are as successful as he has been are multi millionaires unless they weren't very smart with their earnings over time.

Jeff

Shane is smart. Multiple real estate investments and he just built himself a custom home on a lake in South Dakota. Rasson in the game room and ice fishing outside his back door. He's in heaven.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I agree.

DO will beat SVB in 1hole. He won't run him over though, the way SVB ran DO over in 10 ball.

Jeff

Not if they play anytime in the next day or two, he wouldn't. Dennis's confidence is SHOT right now, and if he didn't dominate Shane immediately in the first few games, his shakey stroke would eat him alive.

Dennis needs a few days before he will be 100%. And he would need to be at 100% before he played Shane in any game outside Rotation.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well this show the unpredictable nature of nature. DO ran over T-Rex when no one was expecting that

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not if they play anytime in the next day or two, he wouldn't. Dennis's confidence is SHOT right now, and if he didn't dominate Shane immediately in the first few games, his shakey stroke would eat him alive.

Dennis needs a few days before he will be 100%. And he would need to be at 100% before he played Shane in any game outside Rotation.

Your correct. I can only imagine how DO is feeling and what is going through his head.

Thats the worst beat down I've seen in a looonnngggg time.

DO> :bash:<SVB

Jeff

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last time they played, Chang won 50-43

Hardly what I would call a horse $#@%@#
Were they even gambling or was it an exhibition with a prize fund?

It’s hard to imagine two sides playing serious pool and putting their fate in the hands of a neutral racker.

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your correct. I can only imagine how DO is feeling and what is going through his head.

Thats the worst beat down I've seen in a looonnngggg time.

DO> :bash:<SVB

Jeff

Yet that’s why you are you and he is he , what makes a champion in any sport is the ability to look forward not back , i highly doubt it would affect his one pocket play

bicki

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DO lost badly not only due to Shane's superior break but he also made more mistakes than Shane. This might have to do with the fact that he always had to run from behind and knowing how tuff it will be to outplay Shane's break. Just as a test, I would love to see how the match would turn out if they had a neutral breaker. I know it is kinda silly but I am not sure Shane would clearly outplay DO. I think it would be very close.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If any one knows how many games Shane won when he did not break or make a ball on the break please share that info.

Shane won 42 games on Orcollo's 86 breaks, 72 games on his own 106 successful breaks, 5 games on his own 10 dry breaks, and 1 game on his own 3 fouled breaks (one of which was also dry).

Some stats on the match can now be found here: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=502253

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yet that’s why you are you and he is he , what makes a champion in any sport is the ability to look forward not back , i highly doubt it would affect his one pocket play

What you say is the "desired" thought process but, DO is human and his extremely poor performance just proved it.

If you think that beat-down didn't mess with his head, well, we'll just agree to disagree.

Jeff:rolleyes:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I gave up 40 games about an hour into day 1, for lunch. True story.

I gave 15 games on the wire four days before they played.:grin-square:

I gave 10 games on the wire for the first day....:yeah:

I was a little nervous about the 10 games on wire for day 1 but, that was the smallest bet.

The 15 games on wire "COULD'VE" been a HUGE payoff. The dude begged me to bet WWWAAAYYY more than we did (almost 6 months of my retirement salary :eek:) but, I would've had to bet "per day" as in leading by 15 every day.

I still did ok but, man....if I would known. Oh well:frown:.

Jeff