My inner Earl

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m going to try noise canceling headphones tonight. Just curious would you ever try This?And yes I know I look goofy. I just need to cut down on the background noise music and people talking.

Nonyamuff

Always behind the 8-ball
Silver Member
The issue I have with those is while I may not hear others talk...I'll hear myself think...that's more distracting lol.

Dusty5150

Registered
I've tried it while practicing and it's weird! I only lasted a couple of shots. It's nice to block out chatter and noise, but when you can't hear the sounds of the table when you shoot, it's really strange. Well I thought it was anyway. Good luck!

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m going to try noise canceling headphones tonight. Just curious would you ever try This?And yes I know I look goofy. I just need to cut down on the background noise music and people talking.

Hi Darryl;

I, myself, would not because I'm not really bothered by normal pool room noise but if it's really bothering you then why not give it a try.

If anyone can pull off looking good in them, it's you. :thumbup:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i don't mind not hearing the ball collisions. plus it pisses off opponents who likes/needs to chat while playing a match. i actually use it against some players and not against some (most) players

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I've many times, in LOUD bars yrs ago, put some tissue paper into each ear to keep the decibel count down. I could still hear my opponent if we had to converse.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will sometimes wear in the ear headphones.
I dulls the loud music/players enough, even
when no music is playing.
As an added bonus you don't have
to converse with opponents who
feel the need to chit chat during a
match or have a running commentary
while they play/ give an excuse every time they dog it.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I will sometimes wear in the ear headphones.
I dulls the loud music/players enough, even
when no music is playing.
As an added bonus you don't have
to converse with opponents
who
feel the need to chit chat during a
match or have a running commentary
while they play/ give an excuse every time they dog it.

Those guys, I just put more tissue in, and say Huh to make my point.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try some ear plugs

It would look less odd if you just wore some ear plugs. I do this when I go to a concert to protect my hearing.

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing with bluetooth earphones for a while now to cancel out the noise in our pool room (it's really noisy there) and I've been kicking myself a lot lately for not thinking of that sooner. It really gets me in deep concentration mode where there's just the table with the balls on it and me with the cue. And maybe the occasional chalk.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I can’t picture myself wearing anything that blocks my hearing.
I feel if distractions affect my game....I’m not trying hard enough.
Your environment will rarely give you the peace you’re looking for....
...that comes from within.

If the sound level gets over 70 decibels for an extended period of time....
...now it’s getting into the physically danger range...time to change your location.

I’ve told guys who wear anything covering their ears, in a match with me, if I say ‘push’,
...and you claim I didn’t, we’re gonna have a problem.

pt...stopped going to rock concerts early in life...likes to hear the music, not the fans

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use Earfones. Drops surrounding noise a lot. and it's blutooth too...

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing with bluetooth earphones for a while now to cancel out the noise in our pool room (it's really noisy there) and I've been kicking myself a lot lately for not thinking of that sooner. It really gets me in deep concentration mode where there's just the table with the balls on it and me with the cue. And maybe the occasional chalk.

that's what i use, bluetooth earplugs

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Music or Silence?

If you want to tune out the talk and still hear the sound of the balls try a set of
Dub Acoustic Filters, they work pretty good and are sold at Fry's Electronics.

Josh Roberts got me into wearing phones about 10 years ago. It took a little while before I could get used to not hearing the sound of the balls, but head phones with some music is way better than the noise from the rail.

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I tried it. Looked Like a total jerk. But it worked played better could not hear much. Earl might be a genius LOL

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never used them. Would think that would be more annoying. Plus you can't wear them in a tournament so you better get used to the racket.