Need Original Gold Crown Rail Bolts

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys,

I need six (6) of the original Gold Crown I rail bolts. They are 3/8-16 x 2" slotted head hex bolts. Yes, they are probably rusty, that's the way I like them!

Willing to pay a reasonable price plus shipping.

Regards,

jv

p.s. Trent, I sent a PM to you on this, I guess you're busy, or on the road! :)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys,

I need six (6) of the original Gold Crown I rail bolts. They are 3/8-16 x 2" slotted head hex bolts. Yes, they are probably rusty, that's the way I like them!

Regards,

jv

Billiard Restoration in Kansas should have them.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 4 that you can have, no charge, just paying it forward. I thought I had all 6 for you, but out of all those old bolts on my table most had been swapped out already. Mark Gregory was nice enough to send new hardware for my new rails so I don’t have any use for the old ones. I am assuming that Anniversary and GC I rail bolts are the same? Pm your address and I’ll mail them out to you ASAP.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8c604c66dec58f3c13b33043dabf3372.jpg

Unique bolts for sure. I had never seen hex head bolts this big that were slotted until getting this table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys,

Regards,

jv

Are you using slotted slate screws also?

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
speakin of those #16 slotted slate screws, any idea where to get hardened steel #16 PHILLIPS slate screws? Cannot find them anywhere.

TFT

I usually just go to one of my local fasteners places, Ajax or Fastenal. They may not have them in stock, but they can get them in a few days.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I usually just go to one of my local fasteners places, Ajax or Fastenal. They may not have them in stock, but they can get them in a few days.

I have done that and they are not the hardened steel type. I guess I might need to specify that! :)

TFT

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have done that and they are not the hardened steel type. I guess I might need to specify that! :)

TFT

I wasn't aware that screws came in hardened variety. Typically, there's not enough carbon in a steel screw to harden it. You might have luck case-hardening it, though. I assume you want hardened so there's less chance of messing up the head?

I actually prefer a slotted screw head for this kind of thing. With a properly sized screwdriver, you need nearly zero axial force when turning the screw, and if the bit fits, it's not going to slip out. If you need a bit for a power driver that fits these, you're probably going to have to have it made for you by a machinist, though.

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

TFT

I use #14 x 3.5 from my local by them by the box. If they are not good enough. I fix the hole. But I generally don't work on that many old commercial tables anymore. I take on one every once in a while. Most don't like my price. Especially when there a quite a few

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lawnboy77 Rocks!

Props to @lawnboy77 who sent me four bolts. Thanks very much!

Regards,

jv

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys,

i still need two of these bolts, if anyone has any or can identify a source for me - I'll be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

jv

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
The # 16 screws are all rated at the # 2 hardness They are heat treated but not anywhere near case hardness and can break and bend , If you
want something that is stronger then use the same size in a stainless steel such as listed in the link below

I LOVE YOU CHIP. I been lookin for these for ever!! i have found some local "niche" suppliers that have gotten me stuff that is close to the size and thickness i want, but they all are cheap and BREAK! These look solid. I am going to order some. This is how forums are supposed to work! INPUT= OUTPUT> LOVE IT! Hope you are all having a great day!

TFT