Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears he wanted a raise at work and a chance to smear Trump. Not sure how either was going to accomplish that exactly?

John Schmidt breaking a world record, being debated off and on for months, probably years, is NOT bad publicity.

If it's too much for him, i'd gladly take the "heat" going forward. But, he's not giving it up, because it's world wide news in the pool world. His sponsors loved it, I'm sure. Heck, if Jesus Christ was running for president, you can bet plenty of folks would have a beef with him about something ;)

I believe he did it because the hate letter he supposedly got did not generate as much publicity as he wanted and the point I was responding to was about how more publicity — whatever the reason — is not always a good thing.

So as this “good publicity” rolls on we have learned that the BCA’s certification is not all it was cracked up to be. worldpro is asserting the paid viewers are being shown an edited tape without the first 200 balls being shown. That would not be “good” publicity. The long continuance of thread also shows that there’s still interest in the run, all without clarity about it emerging from JS camp here or elsewhere. And in my book that is a bad thing because it just allows for growth of doubts and skepticism.

So as this “good publicity” continues to roll out who knows how “good” it really is.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• D97168B8-DB8C-4565-8AB7-A4CD00B81D55.jpg
    D97168B8-DB8C-4565-8AB7-A4CD00B81D55.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I believe he did it because the hate letter he supposedly got did not generate as much publicity as he wanted and the point I was responding to was about how more publicity — whatever the reason — is not always a good thing.

So as this “good publicity” rolls on we have learned that the BCA’s certification is not all it was cracked up to be. worldpro is asserting the paid viewers are being shown an edited tape without the first 200 balls being shown. That would not be “good” publicity. The long continuance of thread also shows that there’s still interest in the run, all without clarity about it emerging from JS camp here or elsewhere. And in my book that is a bad thing because it just allows for growth of doubts and skepticism.

So as this “good publicity” continues to roll out who knows how “good” it really is.

Lou Figueroa

I would LOVE to have this publicity. Heck, its so good I keep posting in this thread :) Mosconi got a lot of scrutiny too. Only an 8 foot table, big pockets, blah, blah, blah. I never much cared for those doubters either. That publicity didn't hurt him too bad.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Now that's funny.

We have threads that drag on and on and on here, merely because people enjoy the drama, the instigation, the conflict...you of all people know this as much as anyone. :p

As for the "good" vs "bad" publicity...the "bad" is pretty much headed up by three individuals here. I haven't seen a ton of negative publicity on Facebook in the pool groups and players that I follow (John isn't one of them). So you guys are pretty worked up about it, but I'm not certain that its a groundswell of negative publicity.

I could be wrong, I often am...I'm married :D

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would LOVE to have this publicity. Heck, its so good I keep posting in this thread :) Mosconi got a lot of scrutiny too. Only an 8 foot table, big pockets, blah, blah, blah. I never much cared for those doubters either. That publicity didn't hurt him too bad.

Why would you want the certification of your record undermined, particularly after it had been touted to such a great extent?

And why’s it so great to let out that you’re only showing highly edited video of the run? For many that only triggers more questions about the run’s integrity. As to Mosconi, that’s all old news. I’d guess you could go back a couple of decades here and find threads about it.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that's funny.

We have threads that drag on and on and on here, merely because people enjoy the drama, the instigation, the conflict...you of all people know this as much as anyone. :p

As for the "good" vs "bad" publicity...the "bad" is pretty much headed up by three individuals here. I haven't seen a ton of negative publicity on Facebook in the pool groups and players that I follow (John isn't one of them). So you guys are pretty worked up about it, but I'm not certain that its a groundswell of negative publicity.

I could be wrong, I often am...I'm married :D

Well, I don’t do FB but from what I’ve heard that’s an entirely different kettle of fish.

But more than one individual here has reported that JS is the fastest gun in the west when it comes to blocking anyone who casts the slightest shade his way. So no one should be surprised about any of that.

As to the on-going publicity here, if it’s one thing I’ve learned it’s that not everyone speaks up. But regardless, by voicing a well thought out and expressed opinion you change opinions.

Lou Figueroa

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Well, I don’t do FB but from what I’ve heard that’s an entirely different kettle of fish.

But more than one individual here has reported that JS is the fastest gun in the west when it comes to blocking anyone who casts the slightest shade his way. So no one should be surprised about any of that.

As to the on-going publicity here, if it’s one thing I’ve learned it’s that not everyone speaks up. But regardless by voicing a well thought out and expressed opinion you change opinions.

Lou Figueroa

Actually, Facebook and AZB are surprisingly similar in some ways. Obviously, most everyone on Facebook is using their own name, which is certainly not the case here. The trolls are plentiful in both mediums.

But why is John blocking people on Facebook quickly any different than Danny blocking people here on AZB?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, Facebook and AZB are surprisingly similar in some ways. Obviously, most everyone on Facebook is using their own name, which is certainly not the case here. The trolls are plentiful in both mediums.

But why is John blocking people on Facebook quickly any different than Danny blocking people here on AZB?

For starters, DH does not control the whole thread/site and make it a one note affair.

Regardless of who he bans the band plays on.

Lou Figueroa

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Why would you want the certification of your record undermined, particularly after it had been touted to such a great extent?

And why’s it so great to let out that you’re only showing highly edited video of the run? For many that only triggers more questions about the run’s integrity. As to Mosconi, that’s all old news. I’d guess you could go back a couple of decades here and find threads about it.

Lou Figueroa

I can’t remember who it was that went to one of the Viewings (like a wake) but in this or the other thread he said the video was unedited. Someone then asked if bathroom/breaks were edited out and I can’t remember the answer if it was answered.

I want to see the thing so bad now because of all these freakin questions and accusations lol. So if that’s a tactic it’s working on my simpleton self.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Legitimate or not legitimate

Extraordinary claims deserve exacting proofs.

We shall see. Chill.

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this and that is a sign of narzissm,

i love danny harriman ...

not only one of the best straight pool players in the history of the game !

to me he is one of the funniest guys in the world ....

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

People are talking about it. It's not a "one" time news items. It's still here. It's undermined by a few folks, so no biggie. A couple of old dudes are upset. Go figure ;)

And yes, Mosconi's "beef" was a long time ago. And yet, many folks don't remember it and it had no affect on his long standing record.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I do wish he would come through Springfield, Mo and try me some bank on any sized table - he could even bring his little anvil - it would not help though. I don't think we can bank on it - can we Rj. :rolleyes:

So, you are just as misinformed on other topics as well.

Nope, I don't play Bank Pool, but thanks for asking ;)

No worries, I don't hold any grudges against you. Old guys are just grumpy and complain a LOT, I'm pretty sure I'll be joining the club one day, but I just hope I'm not elected president of the club ;)

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
What I find very interesting, and also very revealing, is that there has not been one totally detached and unbiased person who has claimed to have witnessed the entire unedited video and posted a review, only those few who were somehow involved with the "team" and/or room.

I've said this before, people who accomplish great things want the world to see them. It's the public who makes you great, not your own declaration.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
What I find very interesting, and also very revealing, is that there has not been one totally detached and unbiased person who has claimed to have witnessed the entire unedited video and posted a review

they have
the nay sayers just turn up their noses and act like the post is invisible or something
an out right refusal to engage the person

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
they have
the nay sayers just turn up their noses and act like the post is invisible or something
an out right refusal to engage the person

Exactly right. No matter who is or what organization, suddenly, they are persona non grata, and they are paid off lackey's.

Much ado about nothing. It's not like the folks complaining have any standing in regards to the official record. It's still the record, whether they like it or not. I'd be wearing my "626" hat every day ;)

But, I wonder what would have happened on shot 665 if position would have been hard for the next shot? Do you end on 665 and call it a day, or go for it and risk getting stuck on 666? lol

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
What I find very interesting, and also very revealing, is that there has not been one totally detached and unbiased person who has claimed to have witnessed the entire unedited video and posted a review, only those few who were somehow involved with the "team" and/or room.

I've said this before, people who accomplish great things want the world to see them. It's the public who makes you great, not your own declaration.

To see it you need to pledge your soul to "the team" and therefore can no longer be considered unbiased, are automatically placed on DH's imaginary ignore list and are doomed to a pathetic existence making minimum wage as a slate shaver.

Something like that, not 100% sure about anything any more.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So basically this whole thread is questioning John Schmidt's integrity.

I think it would be really strange to promote this accomplishment having used unethical methods to attain the result.

This isn't like winning the Tour de France for god's sake,,,,, he isn't retiring wealthy from passing Willie's achievement.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People are talking about it. It's not a "one" time news items. It's still here. It's undermined by a few folks, so no biggie. A couple of old dudes are upset. Go figure ;)

And yes, Mosconi's "beef" was a long time ago. And yet, many folks don't remember it and it had no affect on his long standing record.

No one except us is talking.

Go into almost any pool room and ask if they heard JS ran a bunch at 14.1 and the most likely response you’d get is a puzzled look and “What’s 14.1?”

And I don’t get you saying that someone’s age or imagined disposition has something to do with any of this. It’d be like saying... oh... I don’t know, something like: people with really big noses are trying to prop up an unproven accomplishment.

Lou Figueroa

Status
Not open for further replies.