Apa not disclosing covid19 infected players???

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
So many people giving out medical advice have no idea how viruses work. Guys, would you take their advice about treating cancer? Exactly. Listen to the doctors and medical staff who actually do this stuff for a living.

"But but but I saw a YouTube video...I did my research!"

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Perhaps it's just a misunderstanding?

Attachments

• sit capture.JPG
    sit capture.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 141

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a lighter note. I bought a mask at the pool hall last weekend. It stated ...sandbagger : warning can cause.ssrious whining and complaining. Upon putting it on a few people i know stated that's exactly what i am lol..

Ha ha, that's a good one. Yeah, these masks can be a whole fashion accessory now.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are they political in the rest of the world also? We were once tied w Korea with 100 deaths each. Now we have 189,000 and they have 341. Guess who had nearly 100% mask compliance from the beginning among other intelligent things that we didn't do?.

This thread wasn't (originally) about whether the world should wear a mask or not. It was about the APA giving the name of a person who tested positive, as a policy.

Does Korea publish in the newspaper everyone who tests positive? I don't know.

Personally, if I got tested positive, I'd probably tell everyone and my brother. Its probably like a celebrity thing now to be positive. But, that is my own business whether to divulge or not.

When you are out and about, you have to assume everyone has it. That's the whole point of wearing masks, and staying 6 feet apart.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No way to prove this, but I would bet when the league operator contacted the players in that room that this whole thread is about, and informed them that a player in their league may have tested positive (without giving the name), I bet the players there didn't do shit anyway when they found out. Probably didn't self quarantine for 2 weeks after finding out. Probably didn't get a covid test. I'd bet money on this if there were any way to prove it. I'd put the over/under at 5% of the player there did 2 week self quarantine and/or covid test. And I'd bet the under.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
No way to prove this, but I would bet when the league operator contacted the players in that room that this whole thread is about, and informed them that a player in their league may have tested positive (without giving the name), I bet the players there didn't do shit anyway when they found out. Probably didn't self quarantine for 2 weeks after finding out. Probably didn't get a covid test. I'd bet money on this if there were any way to prove it. I'd put the over/under at 5% of the player there did 2 week self quarantine and/or covid test. And I'd bet the under.

Only s Nucklehead would bet against your predictions.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many of those knuckleheads that went to Sturgis, SD last month just scoffed at all the warnings.
So 460,000 people went and now the coronavirus super spreader is happening. You really can’t reason
with people like that and their mistakes cost us billions in tax dollars to treat them after they get sick.
They’re worse than drunk drivers but we can’t lock them up for being stupid so let them suffer their fate.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
locking them up would have been safer than a lockdown in a hospital

these comments are borderline NPR

the main point being location of COVID spreading is less random than people think

a pool hall hasn't had the chance to be as open as say a hospital failing to do its job. some people think unprotected business areas are attractive for non shopping purposes.

but a pool hall only gets one try to stay covid free, you expect hospitals to be ok with losing patients for unexplained reasons not documented in medical literature for an unknown virus.

Is the first death acceptable? Sign me up. I will test it. Reopen full steam, keep out trouble makers and have entryway screenings. the secret password is where are the ventilators.

the first covid case triggering a shutdown is too extreme. you don't need to be psychic to expect a covid case, its standard the response shows the ability to prevent and prepare. Identification is first which is why a tracked reopening is important. How many cases over a week or a month but one day that is too much.

maybe we should start the VSA Virus Security Agency like TSA after 9/11. That should create something useful for elections.

How many of those knuckleheads that went to Sturgis, SD last month just scoffed at all the warnings.
So 460,000 people went and now the coronavirus super spreader is happening. You really can’t reason
with people like that and their mistakes cost us billions in tax dollars to treat them after they get sick.
They’re worse than drunk drivers but we can’t lock them up for being stupid so let them suffer their fate.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
REFRESHING WHAT THE POST WAS ORIGINALLY ABOUT> This post was not about wearing or not wearing masks Or about anyone in specific. What do you think about the below statement?

TFT

This is completely pool related.

APA NOT DISCLOSING KNOWN COVID19 INFECTED PLAYERS??? Basically the local APA Operator is saying he does not have to tell anyone who they are.

What do people think about this? Claiming Hipaa as a means to not disclose?? Lets hear what all you fine AZB'ers think!

TFT

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread wasn't (originally) about whether the world should wear a mask or not. It was about the APA giving the name of a person who tested positive, as a policy.

Does Korea publish in the newspaper everyone who tests positive? I don't know.

Personally, if I got tested positive, I'd probably tell everyone and my brother. Its probably like a celebrity thing now to be positive. But, that is my own business whether to divulge or not.

When you are out and about, you have to assume everyone has it. That's the whole point of wearing masks, and staying 6 feet apart.

I was responding to someone who said that wearing masks was entirely a Political thing-Has there ever been a thread on AZB that stayed entirely on Topic?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/s...0000-coronavirus-cases-study-finds-2020-09-08

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Are they political in the rest of the world also? We were once tied w Korea with 100 deaths each. Now we have 189,000 and they have 341. Guess who had nearly 100% mask compliance from the beginning among other intelligent things that we didn't do?.

We don't have 189,000 deaths from covid alone :rolleyes:.
That's the political BS part of it.
CDC just released this info last week..or week before.
Wearing a mask isn't doing shit for anyone, it simply makes you feel good.
Wait till the election and Covid will mysteriously dissappear like a fart in the wind.
Covid, is simply being used by the swamp to "Hopefully " get the mail in ballot scandal going full steam.
Wait till it's all done, this mask bullshit will be one of the biggest frauds they've ever pulled.
Unless you're already sick you have a greater chance of dying in a car accident than from covid.
If you're already sick then quarantine yourself and let the rest of us get on with our life.

justnum

Silver Member
https://www.statista.com/chart/21170/coronavirus-death-rate-worldwide/

For example, the UK only includes deaths where people tested positive for COVID-19. A more recent overview, including other countries, is freely accessible here.

the main issue is people tally a COVID death differently

Grandpa and Grandma died in the hospital on ventilator, its a COVID death

Auntie and Uncle died in the hospital while waiting on a hospital bed and died because no ventilator, likely anxiety killed them.

But Cuomo's definition of a COVID death has not been attacked. He thinks Fauci will cover for him, those two aren't anywhere near pulling this genocide off cleanly.

This relates to pool because when pool players travel international the quarantine rules will impact their budget.
The cruise industry is still down and will be for awhile.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Source of your report? What are the real number of death to those who went to Sturgis?

justnum

Silver Member
Source of your report? What are the real number of death to those who went to Sturgis?

Cuomo's next tagline

its not the gathering that is dangerous

its what happens when these people get on a plane and bring the virus to their home state

Cuomo will then say, people have to be smart .... not listen to Trump.... Biden please vote

Bring the virus to NY I have a face mask and a pool cue that is almost 6 ft. Its enough protection.

I could use a jump cue for short range shots.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Ever hear of heard immunity. In mylife time we have had Polio, Flu, Winter Cold Season, Ebola, and numerous other battles with sickness bugs.

There is no vaccine even for the common cold, and the one for the flu is not 100% perfect. But when was the last time people in the USA went nuts wearing masks, some even doing the mask face shield thing, plus rubber gloves.

Polio was controlled by a vaccine (thank you Jonas Edward Salk). Ebola has no herd immunity (not sure what "heard immunity" is :lol:).

People "went nuts wearing masks" about 100 years ago:

https://www.history.com/news/1918-spanish-flu-mask-wearing-resistance

Dave <-- has no expectation of Bruce understanding anything