Who are the 'Old Schoolers' of AZ

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Seems like I just joined yesterday and 11 years signed up and 2 years lurking went by in a blink of an eye! I miss those days, there were a lot going on in the pool world like the TAR matches ETC.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Well I'm just a new guy on the block 118,369. Life goes in stages, and this one lets me play pool. Trying to learn as much as I can from the 'Old Schoolers'.

Many Thanks...

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm pretry oldie come to think about it...

This place is like a real old school poolroom: you get robbed, cheated, lied to... but you can win money gambling, sell and trade and there are always good times too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old School

I might be one of the oldest ‘Old Schoolers’ at 81 & a member since 2005, who is still in action and active in tournaments. My last gambling road trip was to Chicago a couple years ago. Not any more of these on the Horizon, but I did enjoy them.

I am not currently playing due to the Covid shutdown, but will be back at Hard Times, Sacramento, as soon as they open back up, looking for a little cheap one pocket action (And of course will bet more with the nuts). :eek:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great!

I might be one of the oldest ‘Old Schoolers’ at 81 & a member since 2005, who is still in action and active in tournaments. My last gambling road trip was to Chicago a couple years ago. Not any more of these on the Horizon, but I did enjoy them.

I am not currently playing due to the Covid shutdown, but will be back at Hard Times, Sacramento, as soon as they open back up, looking for a little cheap one pocket action (And of course will bet more with the nuts). :eek:

Great to see you still out there and still getting things done at eighty-one!

I played an old gentleman for months, very possibly someone very well into his eighties. I was very young and more than a little dumb and his unavoidable slow play threw my game off. I became a little obsessed with beating him.

I finally learned to sit my butt in the chair and sit back when it was his turn to shoot. I had been on the edge of my seat ready to jump up the moment he missed. Learning to be a mildly interested observer when in the chair was the key and Joe never beat me again. Never played me much either. Even with the bets small I was a few hundreds in the hole to Joe and he made sure I stayed that way! It was still cheap lessons that paid nice dividends down the road.

Keep on keeping on and good luck along the way! A 101 looks pretty good and might be an age to consider retiring the stick. Then again, swing until you can't swing anymore!

Hu

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
probably longer

Join Date. 04-21-2003.

Still kicking.

JoeyA

New software was installed and all existing members were rolled to that date. You have been around even longer. In terms of forum years, you are older than dirt!

Just had to make you feel good! I hope things are great your way.

Hu

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
New software was installed and all existing members were rolled to that date. You have been around even longer. In terms of forum years, you are older than dirt!

Just had to make you feel good! I hope things are great your way.

Hu

i stumbled in a few months after you

my experience here has been mostly good, a little bad with a tiny amount of ugly sprinkled in

there is a wealth of knowledge here

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
we iz getting closer to old all the time!

i stumbled in a few months after you

my experience here has been mostly good, a little bad with a tiny amount of ugly sprinkled in

there is a wealth of knowledge here

Adam,

We are getting closer to old schoolers on AZB all the time. Seems every time I look around another old poster has pulled a fade. I don't know if they died or their interest in AZB did, they are just gone!

When it comes to old school pool player, I think I qualify. Ain't sure if I want to be old school AZB'er, I feel like I am barely out of three cornered pants here!

I find it mostly good here. I fade and return but like a bad penny, I keep showing up.

Hu

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Adam,

We are getting closer to old schoolers on AZB all the time. Seems every time I look around another old poster has pulled a fade. I don't know if they died or their interest in AZB did, they are just gone!

When it comes to old school pool player, I think I qualify. Ain't sure if I want to be old school AZB'er, I feel like I am barely out of three cornered pants here!

I find it mostly good here. I fade and return but like a bad penny, I keep showing up.

Hu

FBB trumps AZ so i normally fade from early Apr through Sept with this year being an outlier, as a result i'm somewhat fresh and peppy when i come back

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
quality over quantity

I'm old timer-ish I suppose. Never been a heavy poster though.

Quality posts best I recall. Seems like you posted much more for awhile. We need good posters to be more active. Every once in awhile a search leads me to reading old AZB threads. Not just the "everything older was better" syndrome, AZB was better and I would like to see that quality back!

Hu

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
One of the younger old schoolers here at 43 years old. I was also was a lurker in RSB back in the day, I think I joined there around 1997 or -98 or something like that.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Justin Collet of TAR said a long time ago that AZ would become the Wikipedia of billiards,
People will read it for a long time.
It helps if you get a Gold membership...you can search for the gems...
...and they are there.